It is definitely time to end duo q.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should just be removed altogether. The same people abusing it will just make the case that it isn't fair to lock it behind a rating cap, and eventually we'd just be right back to where we are now.

The best thing that could be done for it immediately is restricting how far apart two rating's can Queue together. That way a Plat3 or Legend couldn't queue with a silver smurf for easy wins.

But even then, any sort of merged queue could still facilitate match manipulation by process of elimination. DuoQ needs to get gone.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:It should just be removed altogether. The same people abusing it will just make the case that it isn't fair to lock it behind a rating cap, and eventually we'd just be right back to where we are now.

The best thing that could be done for it immediately is restricting how far apart two rating's can Queue together. That way a Plat3 or Legend couldn't queue with a silver smurf for easy wins.

But even then, any sort of merged queue could still facilitate match manipulation by process of elimination. DuoQ needs to get gone.

Yes, this makes sense. It is time that every player is for themselves until they release some new tournaments formats.

yea no if u want to q solo do your thing let those that want to play with friends or coordinate as a duo to win do their thing. anet already tried it. it was terrible there was 0 structure no1 enjoyed the matches every game was a clown fiesta and they reverted it back. and for what lol? so those bitter about duos can stop crying? no thanks

@"NotoriousNaru.1705" said:yea no if u want to q solo do your thing let those that want to play with friends or coordinate as a duo to win do their thing. anet already tried it. it was terrible there was 0 structure no1 enjoyed the matches every game was a clown fiesta and they reverted it back. and for what lol? so those bitter about duos can stop crying? no thanks

Yeah, because everyone is totally enjoying it now. Looking back at the earlier seasons we can see there are no players with 90% win rates, nor players of legendary rank in games with golds. What kind of shitshow is causing this? Low population? It can't be that it is worsened when mysterious players dc at inconvenient moments, or PvP deities duo with "low rank friends" for "fun".

@Gundam Style.8495 said:

@"NotoriousNaru.1705" said:yea no if u want to q solo do your thing let those that want to play with friends or coordinate as a duo to win do their thing. anet already tried it. it was terrible there was 0 structure no1 enjoyed the matches every game was a clown fiesta and they reverted it back. and for what lol? so those bitter about duos can stop crying? no thanks

Yeah, because everyone is totally enjoying it now. Looking back at the earlier seasons we can see there are no players with 90% win rates, nor players of legendary rank in games with golds. What kind of kitten is causing this? Low population? It can't be that it is worsened when mysterious players dc at inconvenient moments, or PvP deities duo with "low rank friends" for "fun".

Game quality is bad because the population is low. Removing duo and ostracizing the duo community is not going to make it better. The seasons that were solo in the past were way more dead than their duo counter parts. The same mismatches will happen and game quality will be even worse, people tend to throw alot and afk alot when its solo only because all the salt lords who would otherwise be more reserved because of their duos wont care anymore, all of this has happened during the last solo season. It is exactly why anet didnt take long to revert it. What you're saying is "hey lets fix population issues by reducing the population even more! im sure that'll work". Stop thinking about ranked match quality and balance based on your bad experiences because its not all about you but rather the entire ranked climate as a whole from top to bottom.

@"Gundam Style.8495" said:Yeah, because everyone is totally enjoying it now. Looking back at the earlier seasons we can see there are no players with 90% win rates, nor players of legendary rank in games with golds. What kind of kitten is causing this? Low population? It can't be that it is worsened when mysterious players dc at inconvenient moments, or PvP deities duo with "low rank friends" for "fun".

A lot of people I knew came back to the game once duo que was brought back. It's also way better for twitch streams when the streamer is having fun and talking to a friend. Solo que just pisses everyone off 24/7 cause we can go above and beyond, winning several 1vXs on a neutral node over the course of the match but still lose because the only person we can count on is ourselves and 95% of our pugs are incompetent.

Solo-que-only made match manipulation WAY worse and drove the PvP population into the ground. And this is coming from someone who prefers to/primarily solo ques at high ratings.

Low population =/= high win rates. Skill = high win rates.

Watch some of Naru's or Helio's streams (or any other top player) and you can clearly see them carrying matches.

If you wanted to SoloQ you can't just "do your thing" because the queues are merged together.

The "I just want to play with friends excuse" is little more than an overused victim card. A quick search on Twitch and you can find the majority of streamers DuoQing in the top 1% aren't coordinating any more than a SoloQ player, heck; they aren't even talking to eachother most the time. It's just creating a numbers advantage really, and that's hardly different from teamstacking in other competitive games.

And why does DuoQ have to be the standard for coordination and playing with friends? That's only guaranteeing one other person that you know to be on your team, or in comms. In a 5v5 gamemode that leaves at least 2 people to play alone every game, creating an unfair environment regardless. If the reptiles in the top 1% really wanted to play and coordinate with friends they'd have cried for TeamQ to come back and not DuoQ.

Not only would split TeamQ be more competitive, being closer to how ATs are played, but you'd be able to play with a full team of friends rather than just one other. You eliminate the ease of wintrading that comes with merged queues, you stop upsetting SoloQ players, and you're able to play ranked 5v5 at the same level of coordination.

Why DuoQ?

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

@witcher.3197 said:Only if they also remove solo

You may as well not even have a ranked Arena at that point.

^ I hate to say It, but this might actually be the way to go.

Remove Ranked, shuffle all associated seasonal rewards into Unranked, let ATs handle the competitive scene.

1. People only go out of their way to cheat for titles & status. No one is going to seriously waste time cheating for a pip farm if there were no rankings & titles attaches.
  2. If ATs were the sole remaining competitive mode, it would get a lot more activity. This would encourage guilds to form around spvp again, at least more of them.
  3. It condenses population into one mode again, save every 5 hours when AT pops.

Maybe a system could be implemented to display badges based on AT performance.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"Gundam Style.8495" said:Yeah, because everyone is totally enjoying it now. Looking back at the earlier seasons we can see there are no players with 90% win rates, nor players of legendary rank in games with golds. What kind of kitten is causing this? Low population? It can't be that it is worsened when mysterious players dc at inconvenient moments, or PvP deities duo with "low rank friends" for "fun".

A lot of people I knew came back to the game once duo que was brought back. It's also way better for twitch streams when the streamer is having fun and talking to a friend. Solo que just pisses everyone off 24/7 cause we can go above and beyond, winning several 1vXs over the course of the match but still lose because the only person we can count on is ourselves and 95% of our pugs are incompetent.

Solo-que-only made match manipulation WAY worse and drove the PvP population into the ground. And this is coming from someone who prefers to/primarily solo ques at high ratings.

Watch some of Naru's or Helio's streams (or any other top player) and you can clearly see them carrying matches.

Yeah, I see people just sit in spawn. They gave up immediately. Wait...waitWhile walking down Memory Lane I realized this kind of stuff is a myth and has never been confirmed. My bad, we are here for friends.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@witcher.3197 said:Only if they also remove solo

You may as well not even have a ranked Arena at that point.

^ I hate to say It, but this might actually be the way to go.

Remove Ranked, shuffle all associated seasonal rewards into Unranked, let ATs handle the competitive scene.
  1. People only go out of their way to cheat for titles & status. No one is going to seriously waste time cheating for a pip farm if there were no rankings & titles attaches.
  2. If ATs were the sole remaining competitive mode, it would get a lot more activity. This would encourage guilds to form around spvp again, at least more of them.
  3. It condenses population into one mode again, save every 5 hours when AT pops.

Maybe a system could be implemented to display badges based on AT performance.

It couldn't actually get any lower than that. At that point, Gw2 PvP would be objectively dead.

ATs are too inclusive and too infrequent to serve as the only competitive option.

Pips in unranked sounds cool, and that's something i'd be all for, but without ranked to offer something different/more competitive it's just another grind, farm, whathaveyou.

@Gundam Style.8495 said:

@Gundam Style.8495 said:Yeah, because everyone is totally enjoying it now. Looking back at the earlier seasons we can see there are no players with 90% win rates, nor players of legendary rank in games with golds. What kind of kitten is causing this? Low population? It can't be that it is worsened when mysterious players dc at inconvenient moments, or PvP deities duo with "low rank friends" for "fun".

A lot of people I knew came back to the game once duo que was brought back. It's also way better for twitch streams when the streamer is having fun and talking to a friend. Solo que just pisses everyone off 24/7 cause we can go above and beyond, winning several 1vXs over the course of the match but still lose because the only person we can count on is ourselves and 95% of our pugs are incompetent.

Yeah, I see people just sit in spawn. They gave up immediately. Wait...waitWhile walking down
I realized
. My bad, we are here for friends.

I don't understand what point this post is meant to get across.

You see people sitting in spawn that gave up. Then link news from over a year ago and say we're here for friends?

Wut... please elaborate or be more clear.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Gundam Style.8495 said:Yeah, because everyone is totally enjoying it now. Looking back at the earlier seasons we can see there are no players with 90% win rates, nor players of legendary rank in games with golds. What kind of kitten is causing this? Low population? It can't be that it is worsened when mysterious players dc at inconvenient moments, or PvP deities duo with "low rank friends" for "fun".

Yeah, I see people just sit in spawn. They gave up immediately. Wait...waitWhile walking down
I realized

You see people sitting in spawn that gave up. Then link news from over a year ago and say we're here for friends?

Yes you do. You are a very intelligent person.

@Gundam Style.8495 said:

I realized

Well, if you're complaining about people AFKing in ranked, report them for match manipulation. People tilt and go afk all the time. It's annoying, but normal. It's completely different than top players out-skilling the enemy team and carrying the match.

If you're implying that every time someone goes AFK it's because a top player is match manipulating, that's pretty silly. Burden of proof falls on the person making the claim. In other words, they're innocent until proven guilty.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

I realized

Well, if you're complaining about people AFKing in ranked, report them for match manipulation. People tilt and go afk all the time. It's annoying, but normal. It's completely different than top players out-skilling the enemy team and carrying the match.

If you're implying that every time someone goes AFK it's because a top player is match manipulating, that's pretty silly. Burden of proof falls on the person making the claim. In other words, they're innocent until proven guilty.

then when proven guilty the thread and video is removed

@"NotoriousNaru.1705" said:Lmao its like you don't even read but just reply for the sake of replying. I JUST SAID don't look at ranked from your own experiences but as a whole, instead you're using me specifically and how I choose to play as a model for everyone else?

Actually, I wasn't using you as anything more than an example of an excuse that has been regurgitated a thousand times by the top 1%. The top 1% is the top 1%. You may be in that percentage, but until there's only exactly 100 people playing ranked, that is not talking about you specifically. "It's not always about you" hehe xd.

All that being said, i'm definitely looking at it to what I consider to be holistically. I wouldn't go on twitch and watch a bunch of lizard men wearing human disguises stream themselves doing the exact thing I described just to prove a point if I wasn't.

@"NotoriousNaru.1705" said:Solo and duo should be in the same pool, if you dont like it then grab a duo partner and play to win you always have that option but just know those who win as duos will still win as solos, its just not fun because match quality is lower and anytime match quality sucks no one is happy. So who are you to tell all those players who enjoy duo they cant or shouldnt because you choose to only solo?As for team q I can't even take your comments seriously.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/494041688327847936/593578097677434889/unknown.png

None of those matches are us stat padding in unranked or daily ats. We ONLY q as a team during monthly tournaments. You have to be a mad man to think 5 q in this game would work. There just isnt a playerbase for it.

Now I know I can't speak for myself, so i'll try to speak more interpersonally than intrapersonally. Match quality is far worse with DuoQs than it was with SoloQs. At least in SoloQs top players had the potential to be split evenly among teams. With such a low population guaranteeing two to the same team is very unlikely to be mirrored any semblance of fairly by the other team, which makes it pretty easy to set up 500-100 wipes.

Before you go saying i'm only speaking for myself, i'm just reiterating everything Ben said in the original reasons for removing DuoQ: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/12161/season-9-queue-changes/p1

I don't understand why you can't take the concept of 5 man seriously. It was a thing in the past for a while, and if it was split from SoloQ this time around then it would serve as an alternate fair way to play ranked with friends.

It really doesn't matter if the queue times are longer, or if Team USA is at the top of the LB every season(Not that DuoQ is any different in that respect). A lot of people would just appreciate matches that are closer, more fun, and more fair. To which, SoloQ and TeamQ provide objectively better as long as they're split from eachother. Quality over Quantity.