Dragon Hologram Generator, srsly?!

@Masuta.1269 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:Yes it is a lot, but for a 100 man guild it's only 1000 taffies. That is not a lot, you can get that so fast.

Have you 100men in your guild? xD We are 20men :#

Well sorry to say, the guild system was not designed for micro guilds like yours (or mine). This has been a complaint since day one so very much doubt there will be any changes to that coming any time soon. In fact, with the addition of guild halls, it became even more micro guild unfriendly.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Its a guild hall decoration which implies that its designed to be a guild effort?

Not all guilds are fortune 500 seekers.. the effort/reward is therefore totally not equal.There is no excuse for such excessive scribing efforts.. its just a completely broken guild system that from the very get go was only really a viable option to guilds with large numbers who were willing to share mats .. I would hazard a guess even in larger guilds there are only a few max level scribes that do the work and rely on others to feed them.

WORST Guild Hall and Decorating system I have ever come across in any MMO I have ever played over the last 20 yrs is all.

Some ppl have multiple legendaries and you are telling this is a terrible system because a guild of 10 or a guild of 100 cant chime in and make this?

We has seen more and more longterm expensive items introduced into the game, this is simply one more. If someone wants player housing and they find the gh system to expensive for their taste the ask for player housing.

Legendary weapons / armour / trinkets are a personal journey that is not a guild function... guild hall decos are for the collective use but guilds vary hugely in size and function... the time cost and effort is therefore not equal.Personal items have nothing in common with this issue.

@zealex.9410 said:

! > @zealex.9410 said:! > > @Bloodstealer.5978 said:! > > > @zealex.9410 said:! > > > Its a guild hall decoration which implies that its designed to be a guild effort?! > >! > > Not all guilds are fortune 500 seekers.. the effort/reward is therefore totally not equal.! > > There is no excuse for such excessive scribing efforts.. its just a completely broken guild system that from the very get go was only really a viable option to guilds with large numbers who were willing to share mats .. I would hazard a guess even in larger guilds there are only a few max level scribes that do the work and rely on others to feed them.! > >! > > WORST Guild Hall and Decorating system I have ever come across in any MMO I have ever played over the last 20 yrs is all.

Some ppl have multiple legendaries and you are telling this is a terrible system because a guild of 10 or a guild of 100 cant chime in and make this?

The game has seen more and more longterm expensive items introduced into the game, this is simply one more.

No. 1800Gold for one decoration is insane.!

And i found 2k or so gold for a fugly legendary dagger equally insane. Or 1k gold for a title...

Again your taking two completely different requirements... one is a personal journey you choose to embark on... a guild decoration is a collective effort that is not equal from one guild to the next and with such a silly price tag I am pretty sure it will turn out to be another waste of time on the devs part as many ignore it.The whole guild / scribe and decor system is a joke imo... poorly thought throughFrom a players perspective in favour of bean counter forecasts.

@Evon Skyfyre.9673 said:The biggest problem with obtaining such things is most guilds have stones for members. They won't even chat let alone donate enough mats for something like this. The guild system as is, is simply not conducive to building a guild community.

Well tbh many guilds just recruit players for numbers and that is the chance you take... random guild repetitive guild spam aimed at recruiting any means you often reap what you sow.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

! > @zealex.9410 said:! > > @Bloodstealer.5978 said:! > > > @zealex.9410 said:! > > > Its a guild hall decoration which implies that its designed to be a guild effort?! > >! > > Not all guilds are fortune 500 seekers.. the effort/reward is therefore totally not equal.! > > There is no excuse for such excessive scribing efforts.. its just a completely broken guild system that from the very get go was only really a viable option to guilds with large numbers who were willing to share mats .. I would hazard a guess even in larger guilds there are only a few max level scribes that do the work and rely on others to feed them.! > >! > > WORST Guild Hall and Decorating system I have ever come across in any MMO I have ever played over the last 20 yrs is all.

The game has seen more and more longterm expensive items introduced into the game, this is simply one more.

And i found 2k or so gold for a fugly legendary dagger equally insane. Or 1k gold for a title...

Again your taking two completely different requirements... one is a personal journey you choose to embark on... a guild decoration is a collective effort that is not equal from one guild to the next and with such a silly price tag I am pretty sure it will turn out to be another waste of time on the devs part as many ignore it.The whole guild / scribe and decor system is a joke imo... poorly thought throughFrom a players perspective in favour of bean counter forecasts.

If comparing what a single player can achieve, and what ridiculous amounts of time a single someone can put in, then this guild decoration is well within reach of multiple single someones which are enthusiastic about Guild Decorations.

Furthermore, I guess that if the guild/decor/scribe system was adequate enough, you would be willing to put in that mamount of money?

Ofcourse, I already stated that the pricetag is heavily inflated because of Jorbreakers only recently getting new uses and new sources. So is it really that expensive, or that much effort or is it just, like most things: first day patch rant nonsense.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

If comparing what a single player can achieve, and what ridiculous amounts of time a single someone can put in, then this guild decoration is well within reach of multiple single someones which are enthusiastic about Guild Decorations.

Furthermore, I guess that if the guild/decor/scribe system was adequate enough, you would be willing to put in that mamount of money?

Ofcourse, I already stated that the pricetag is heavily inflated because of Jorbreakers only recently getting new uses and new sources. So is it really that expensive, or that much effort or is it just, like most things: first day patch rant nonsense.

Well others mentioned the price.. that's not my issue, its the unequal amount of time effort and yeah perhaps cost to achieve the same thing that say 500 players in a guild can do in no time..If you want my opinion on the cost.. well yeah it is silly season money for the deco for sure.. like 100k ztaffy is no mean feat plus the rest.... so yeah the jorbreakers are going to see a nice inflated price tag .. until players realise unless they are prepared to commit a second job to obtaining everything they are going to have to whip out that credit card or just not be bothered with it, which is what I think will likely be the biggest outcome of this.. bearing in mind that getting ztaffy after the event is currently kinda limited, very limited. And if enough players do abandon the idea or not even contemplate it, then it becomes yet another waste of dev time to further add to the mess the guild /scribe system that was rushed into game with HoT.I just hope the deco is kinda worth the time effort and cost, unlike other decos like snow maker, wintersday trees etc etc :)

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

Both are journeys we all choose or not to embark and working on a leggie is an effort thats not equal for all players.

@zealex.9410 said:

Both are journeys we all choose or not to embark and working on a leggie is an effort thats not equal for all players.

How is a leggy journey not equal for all.. do you have a different route to making vision to the rest of us.. or any leggy.. your argument is moot .

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

How is a leggy journey not equal for all.. do you have a different route to making vision to the rest of us.. or any leggy.. your argument is moot .

Diff is kinda subjective as mos leggies translate to gold or time and ppl can and usually do use that in diff ways.

Some ppl are dine with their leggie in a few weeks others take years.

The decoration is very similar both requiring time and or gold, some guilds will have it done in maybe days or other will need a second festival to roll around /shrug

@Evon Skyfyre.9673 said:The biggest problem with obtaining such things is most guilds have stones for members. They won't even chat let alone donate enough mats for something like this. The guild system as is, is simply not conducive to building a guild community.

How is this a problem with a system and not the guild and their recruitment process?

@zealex.9410 said:

Diff is kinda subjective as mos leggies translate to gold or time and ppl can and usually do use that in diff ways.

Some ppl are dine with their leggie in a few weeks others take years.

The decoration is very similar both requiring time and or gold, some guilds will have it done in maybe days or other will need a second festival to roll around /shrug

You completely miss the point again or you simply don't understand what is being said....

"Its a guild effort."

I wonder how many guilds out there have enough people supporting their decorators ^^. In my guild 2-3 people have maxed scribing, while the rest have absolutely no interest in it and the rest in GW2 already costs enough, so you don't want to invest in unnecessary things. The nods are enough for most people. After that, only a few donate anything.Maybe it works in mass guilds, but in normal guilds it will take a long time. Or big effort from individual.But well, the guild system in GW2 is shit ^^''

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Same laments as when Guild Halls were first introduced, and the Devs stated back then, that Guild Halls are for the big guilds and Guild Hall projects are long-term.Maybe some day that will change, but as it's been this long, it doesn't look likely.

Guild halls never have been stated to be for "big guilds". They only stated that they are long term projects.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Actually, they did.

Where and when then, because I couldnt find anything beyond big guilds needing timegating, which would at the very least mean that they thought about smaller guilds as well.

Ofcourse if big is anything above 20 then, sure. Ofcourse, big is relative as it is, I cant imagine that holding any relevant ground with just saying big guilds.

One thing I do remember is that in the initial discussions guilds of 5 players are actual guilds, but 1 to 4 arent, at least not really.

Either way, it always has been possible and reasonable imo with 15 players actively participating. This goal is no different, and just as possible with a few players. Not that everyone is willing, but then not everyone makes every legendary either.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Actually, they did.

Where and when then, because I couldnt find anything beyond big guilds needing timegating, which would at the very least mean that they thought about smaller guilds as well.

Ofcourse if big is anything above 20 then, sure. Ofcourse, big is relative as it is, I cant imagine that holding any relevant ground with just saying big guilds.

One thing I do remember is that in the initial discussions guilds of 5 players are actual guilds, but 1 to 4 arent, at least not really.

Either way, it always has been possible and reasonable imo with 15 players actively participating. This goal is no different, and just as possible with a few players. Not that everyone is willing, but then not everyone makes every legendary either.

There was a comment at the time shortly after HoT which got people’s back up, partly because it was a tad rude as well. A dev basically stated they didn’t consider small guilds to be guilds and they aimed guild halls etc at large guilds.

Cedo is quite correct in their assertion

We're trying to do it as a guild thing but with 25 members (and fewer active ones) I suspect we'll fail miserably at farming enough candy in only a couple weeks. Not to mention jorbreakers are incredibly valuable at the moment and few will want to part with them. As the one who decorates/scribes the most, I suspect i'll be buying up cheap jorbreakers on the TP sometime well after the festival, when the price tanks. A zhaitaffy node would help considerably to farm it during the year.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Actually, they did.

There was a comment at the time shortly after HoT which got people’s back up, partly because it was a tad rude as well. A dev basically stated they didn’t consider small guilds to be guilds and they aimed guild halls etc at large guilds.

Cedo is quite correct in their assertion

Pretty sure that was a comment about how a guild is being considered at least 5+ players.

But it was so long ago, I doubt anyone remembers clearly. If anything its just hearsay.

EDIT:The best thing I could find is this:https://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/features.cfm?read=10256&game=473&ismb=1

MMORPG: For small guilds, the grind to unlock and have their own guild hall seems really daunting. I don’t personally have to worry about this, but I have more than a few friends in smaller close-knit guilds that feel like they’ll never be able to have their own GH. Is this being looked into?
Colin: Acquiring a guild hall isn’t terribly difficult for a small group of players to do at all. To purchase the expedition you need to do one guild mission of any type to have enough favor, save up 100 gold combined between all your friends, and get together five or more people to do the expedition to claim it. We balanced the cost for a ten player guild to be able to do in a week or two if they started from scratch and had almost no real cash in their bank. Assume it’ll take a little longer for smaller guilds – but also take into the account the reality that almost everyone in Guild Wars 2 has some amount of gold/silver already in their accounts, or that they could clear out of their bank on the trading post.

We’ve seen numerous small guilds already claim a guild hall. Shoot, a commander tag costs 300 gold, I think the cost for a guild hall is very reasonable to acquire for small guilds by comparison. For guilds of say two players, we offer a home in Lion’s Arch at the guild HQ for them to operate out of for free, generally we feel guilds that small really aren’t large enough player communities to own a guild hall – though if they really want to they can acquire one as well, they’ll just take a long longer and need to get some friends to help them run the expedition. We designed guild halls assuming around 4+ players is a guild, and anything less than that is really just a small group and can use the Lion’s Arch HQ hall. With all that said, we have no plans to change the cost structure to acquire a Guild Hall at this time.

100g per person for a permanent decoration of such a scale is not that much. If your guild cannot afford that or has not enough members who are willing to contribute, then maybe the decoration is not for your guild, no ? It's almost like when players complain that they don't have time to grind for skyscale and stuff. Not every item in the game has to be easily obtainable by every player.

A big holographic decoration that makes a giant holographic elder dragon fly around your guild hall is expensive?Who would have thought :D

Seriously though it's an epic decoration, and yes the whole point of a guild is to work together for stuff like that.The afore mentioned Guild effort.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Its a guild hall decoration which implies that its designed to be a guild effort?

Not all guilds are fortune 500 seekers.. the effort/reward is therefore totally not equal.There is no excuse for such excessive scribing efforts.. its just a completely broken guild system that from the very get go was only really a viable option to guilds with large numbers who were willing to share mats .. I would hazard a guess even in larger guilds there are only a few max level scribes that do the work and rely on others to feed them.

WORST Guild Hall and Decorating system I have ever come across in any MMO I have ever played over the last 20 yrs is all.

We has seen more and more longterm expensive items introduced into the game, this is simply one more. If someone wants player housing and they find the gh system to expensive for their taste the ask for player housing.

Again.. you completely miss the point and I think you always will so.. yeah whatever