A plea for veteran roamers to be more dignified

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Auburner.6945 said:There is no stopping gankers

What’s your definition of ganker? Anyone that kills you when you don’t want to be attacked while running back to the Zerg to take said players objectives? If you don’t wanna get killed don’t try taking objectives, easy!If it is more than one player at a time then yea I can agree to call that ganking, but you are still trying to get back to your Zerg to take objectives so... yea.

Ganker can be:
  • You are in a 1v1 when all of a sudden there comes 3-4 other players/blob'd that ruin the whole thing, surely the player I am dueling with stops hitting me, but it's Xv1.
  • Spawn camping, and those who like to keep the keeps contested 24/7. Most of whom I saw die were core classes/squishy targets, any target that can't duel/mount and got burst down almost instantly, it was mostly thieves that do this because they can easily disengage far enough to get ooc and re-mount if any of the other heavy roamers decided to dismount and protect the weak ones.
    not complaining about thieves here so don't come bragging with me about balance, won't answer
  • A ganker can be a roamer that wants to fight you no matter the build. I am on the mount as a staff weaver/support chrono/etc. when I see a Spellbreaker/Thief/SlB/etc. that jumps around and engages followed by attempts to dismount me, which is clearly a win/infinite fight for them if I ever thought of doing it, so I don't know what they're expecting from me.
  • The last type of ganking, and it's not really ganking, we all do this and it's a way to win fights/defend/etc. that is finishing the tail/incoming reinforcements through taking down players, destroying siege or repairing gates/walls, either way this player came to join the squad and you will fight them anyway so taking them down solo or with their group is the same concept of taking down a player that came in to defend/cap.Absolutely nothing of that is ganking IMO.

His first point I would consider ganking. The rest are not, especially the third point.

@GaijinGuy.8476 said:

@Auburner.6945 said:There is no stopping gankers

What’s your definition of ganker? Anyone that kills you when you don’t want to be attacked while running back to the Zerg to take said players objectives? If you don’t wanna get killed don’t try taking objectives, easy!If it is more than one player at a time then yea I can agree to call that ganking, but you are still trying to get back to your Zerg to take objectives so... yea.

Ganker can be:
  • You are in a 1v1 when all of a sudden there comes 3-4 other players/blob'd that ruin the whole thing, surely the player I am dueling with stops hitting me, but it's Xv1.
  • Spawn camping, and those who like to keep the keeps contested 24/7. Most of whom I saw die were core classes/squishy targets, any target that can't duel/mount and got burst down almost instantly, it was mostly thieves that do this because they can easily disengage far enough to get ooc and re-mount if any of the other heavy roamers decided to dismount and protect the weak ones.
    not complaining about thieves here so don't come bragging with me about balance, won't answer
  • A ganker can be a roamer that wants to fight you no matter the build. I am on the mount as a staff weaver/support chrono/etc. when I see a Spellbreaker/Thief/SlB/etc. that jumps around and engages followed by attempts to dismount me, which is clearly a win/infinite fight for them if I ever thought of doing it, so I don't know what they're expecting from me.
  • The last type of ganking, and it's not really ganking, we all do this and it's a way to win fights/defend/etc. that is finishing the tail/incoming reinforcements through taking down players, destroying siege or repairing gates/walls, either way this player came to join the squad and you will fight them anyway so taking them down solo or with their group is the same concept of taking down a player that came in to defend/cap.Absolutely nothing of that is ganking IMO.

His first point I would consider ganking. The rest are not, especially the third point.Would that truly be ganking? The scenario is far from clear on the situation. 3-4 people randomly encountering a 1v1 and just rolling over that enemy on the way somewhere else. Maybe that 1v1 is in the middle of a camp. I call that a minor roadbump. And if its a 50+ blob will its not like its running around for the purpose of targetting single players. So no, just general Xv1 is not ganking.

Here's how I would define it:A small group of players running completely frontloaded glass cannons to exponentially increase the damage against single targets, while they by themselves probably wouldnt survive a 1v1 against the same target. When the small group knows they need the group and the target knows they need the group... its a gank group.

Just random outmanned fight between random players isnt really ganking, evem if its interrupting a duel. Thats just fighting outmanned.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Red is dead.

Saw 2 people hitting the vet boar for thier daily, killed them both but not the Boar..Oh man, the rage whispers.

I tried explaining that its an open world pvp map but to no avail. They got aggressive so I camped the boar for a while refusing them thier dailies.

Unfortunately most people are going to read this and instantly think I was being an kitten but this is what happens when the roaming scene gets gutted.. You take what ever scraps you can get and it applies to all ranks and all players.

pretty sure the vet boar does not even count for the daily, but i could be wrong

@melandru.3876 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Red is dead.

Saw 2 people hitting the vet boar for thier daily, killed them both but not the Boar..Oh man, the rage whispers.

I tried explaining that its an open world pvp map but to no avail. They got aggressive so I camped the boar for a while refusing them thier dailies.

Unfortunately most people are going to read this and instantly think I was being an kitten but this is what happens when the roaming scene gets gutted.. You take what ever scraps you can get and it applies to all ranks and all players.

pretty sure the vet boar does not even count for the daily, but i could be wrong

They addressed that above; @sephiroth.4217 spelled "warg" with the wrong letters.

@"coro.3176" said:So.. it's always okay to kill people, but.. I tend to let people up or not finish them, or at least not spawn camp them repeatedly if it's clear they're new to WvW and have no idea how to fight another player in PvP. It's not that fun for me to kill them if there's no challenge in it. It's probably not that fun for them to get wrecked every time.

It isn't. But it's gonna happen sooner or later. I guess we all have our kitten days, where we behave like a total flerken. If the players stay around regardless of these events, you know they're coming around to the game mode. What I said (in another thread) about asking for help when getting a warclaw, is true here too: Assume they have enough braincells to get to the idea of asking for help.Or switch borders.

So no, I would not be overly worried about such scenarios, even (despite my "red is dead" vote) if I also don't think scenes like this as the ideal WvW scenario.

I think most commanders and zerg-players expect their own roamers to go after anything that moves.from a zerg's point of view, unless they do gvgs, roamers have important tasks, too. Of course flipping/defending camps and sentries, but also taking down zerg-slackers and returning zerglings or enemy-roamers that could flip our own camps.

In my opinion, "kill everything red" is the best way for roamers to act.Code of honor is more about not throwing siege on deads, jumping on corpses, blocking someone to whine/bragg in whisper-chat...Personally I don't like duelling, so I walk around on my barrier-scrapper, so I can ignore all single-roamers trying to attack me.

What kind of a twisted babysitting mentality is this? I understand not killing players who are waiting for veteran creatures or having duels (or watching them). But why should I not kill a zergling who will join to his zerg and attack us in few moments? If you are incapable of protecting yourself, then please have another set of gear and build in your bag and use it until you reach your zerg. That is what I did for so long and it is not that hard. Or you can gather with your other dead friends and go to your zerg together, which actually helps vs roamers and gankers. I really dislike people who spawn camp and gank people so I do not include those into this argument. Same for the cheesy builds or insta 34563456 vs 1 combats.But I will not let any red to capture my camp, sentry or tower. That defeats the whole illusion of world vs world for me.

I'm not exp in WvW, but this post doesn't make sense.

You're going around, capping, crippling opponent's power. Of course, to minimize damage opponent gonna kill you.

And anyways, getting killed is a well deserved punishment for your error in judgement/combat skill. Games without punishments are boring.

These punishments make you think, try solving these problems and you'll find this game much more fun.

(with the exception of duelists, they're just standing, doing nothing)