What's your rig like?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@"zionophir.6845" said:i've noticed that people with AMD processors and NVIDIA GPU PCs encounter FPS problems.

Probably because AMD is in the GPU business too. AMD or Maybe NVIDIA hardware is "fighting" the other "internally".

Is this really a thing? Can anyone else varify this as the setup I was looking at is ryzen cpu + nvisia gfx...

AMD users that complain FPS issue are using the old gen cpuThe amd old gen cpus are particularly bad when come to IPC performance

Not applicable to Ryzen 2000 and upcoming Ryzen 3000Amd has been back in the game for CPU for awhile now, beating intel in sales

yeah, the Bulldozer architecture was a complete failure for AMD, hence a lot of gamers that demanded high performance rigs switchover to intel

Ryzen 1 and 2 has been lacking in performance in terms of highest single core performance, hence intel is still the preferred CPU; will see how Ryzen 3 goes

Recently, intel dropped their price for 9th gen, seems to be in preparation against Ryzen 3000. Afterall, if Ryzen 3000 performance is as presented in the demo, the price performance will be ahead of intel's. We will know in 2 weeks time!

@"bbop.9706" said:I'm looking to build a new pc and am specifically interested in what runs gw2 smoothly with max settings and most importantly, crash free..

Please let me know your rig stats say if you have an enjoyable and reliable gw2 experience!

Stats should include: cpu - make/model, ram - type/amount, cooling - type, gfx card, hdisk type. Thats all we really need to know! thanks!

CPU: Ryzen 1600X w/ Thermaltake Contact Silent Tower Cooler & 120mm FanRAM: 16GB DDR4 Team Group Vulcan 3000MB: ASRock X370 Killer SLI ACGFX: XFX RX 580 8GBPSU: XFX XTR 750WattCase: Modified Thermaltake Overseer RX I (Drive Cage removed) with 4X 200mm fans ( 2 intake, 2 exhaust) 1x 120MM exhaust.SSD: Samsung 840 EVO for OS, SanDisk Ultra 1TB for games

Pull 30ish FPS in zerg fests, 50+ FPS on most maps. Does good in Fallout 76 as well. Playing at 1440P on a 4K 43" Vizio Display.

As a WvW player , I would have to say that you should wait for Ryzen 3rd gen which is presumed to have superior low thread performance to Intel's best.

I have an Intel overclocked i5 system and Ryzen 7 2700X. It's a similar experience on both due to DX9 , it will dip to 30FPS at times. With D9VK on Linux you can expect better performance, but on Windows you are at the mercy of the game engine.

@Infusion.7149 said:you are at the mercy of the game engine.

Pretty much this. A PC for 800€ and a PC for 2500€ will run GW2 almost equally bad, having difference only in some average/high FPS numbers. But user experience suffers the most from freezes, min fps, lag, shuttering, etc. so having max FPS 60 or 90 for some seconds doesn't help.