Anet, any word on the stealth nerf to raid rewards?

@"Awesumness.1823" said:I used to love opening the Champ and Utility bags on my lower level character and mass salvaging/selling stuff. Even if this added cleaning time decreased the hourly "profit" of raiding to be nearly the same as the current UNID drops, it was cathartic.

Whether only perceived or actually realized, the nerfs don't disturb me as much as Anet's lack of communication. It feels like Raids are going the way of Dungeons, Fractal CMs, and Guild World Events: silently discontinued.

So all we're left with is WvW then? My biggest issue with nerfs to rewards systems is that they tend to make games even more top-heavy: More experienced players are that much farther ahead of everyone else & it makes it harder for others to catch up. It sounds like newer players will have even more trouble making money.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean those "worthless" T5 mats which are needed in heavy quantities to make legendaries and still sell for good prices despite being T5? I mean, sure, not every resource in the game can be Charged Lodestones, but it hardly impacts income.

This "feature" which was exploited for so long was broken and was messing up the market.

The rewards for raids have always been legendary armor, infusions, and a few other exclusive things, they were never meant to be a source of gold, and even fractals weren't meant to be that and the only reason they still are is because its core (not expo) content and ArenaNet is anxious about nerfing the gold output after the backlash from dungeons.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:You mean those "worthless" T5 mats which are needed in heavy quantities to make legendaries and still sell for good prices despite being T5? I mean, sure, not every resource in the game can be Charged Lodestones, but it hardly impacts income.

This "feature" which was exploited for so long was broken and was messing up the market.

The rewards for raids have always been legendary armor, infusions, and a few other exclusive things, they were never meant to be a source of gold, and even fractals weren't meant to be that and the only reason they still are is because its core (not expo) content and ArenaNet is anxious about nerfing the gold output after the backlash from dungeons.

Where is the raw gold supposed to come from? The structure of GW2 constantly sucks money out of the economy (BL fees, waypoint costs). Eventually even those rare mats will deflate with money leaving the economy constantly.