Burn Firebrand Build

saerni.2584

@"Asum.4960" said:Build

Burn ✓Healing ✓Has Balthazar in it ✓

Obviously can't tell you if it's the most effective thing for whatever you plan to do with it/if it's worth gearing that.

No exp with condi Guard, but wouldn't Plaguedoctor be more suited for the described role? Maybe just for the armor pieces? Can't see the drop in precision as being too big a deal given how little of their damage will come from power in the first place.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Asum.4960" said:

Obviously can't tell you if it's the most effective thing for whatever you plan to do with it/if it's worth gearing that.

No exp with condi Guard, but wouldn't Plaguedoctor be more suited for the described role? Maybe just for the armor pieces? Can't see the drop in precision as being too big a deal given how little of their damage will come from power in the first place.

With this setup you would want some Precision to reliantly trigger Radiant Fire for DPS, Empowering Might for Might and Vigorous Precision for Vigor for Selfless Daring to heal.

Plaguedoctor just Trades Precision for Vitality, which you don't really need in PvE and only has some value on things like Healscourge due to LF scaling with Vit, flat LF costs and percentage LF gains.

But if you really need that HP, swapping the Armor would be fine. Would still leave you with 60% Critchance with Fury and Radiant Power, which is more than enough to reliably proc those Traits.Power damage on Burn Guard isn't terrible though.

@Asum.4960 said:

With this setup you would want some Precision to reliantly trigger Radiant Fire for DPS, Empowering Might for Might and Vigorous Precision for Vigor for Selfless Daring to heal.

Plaguedoctor just Trades Precision for Vitality, which you don't really need in PvE and only has some value on things like Healscourge due to LF scaling with Vit, flat LF costs and percentage LF gains.

But if you really need that HP, swapping the Armor would be fine. Would still leave you with 60% Critchance with Fury and Radiant Power, which is more than enough to reliably proc those Traits.Power damage on Burn Guard isn't terrible though.

Fair enough. I've only ever played Power Guardian, but I figured Plaguedoctor must be good for something... :wink:

I’ve been running offhand torch. The crit helps with getting procs on the trait that add 5 burn stacks and let you throw an extra torch for another 4 stacks.

Build is for pve generally. I’ve done some theory crafting and built up to 1750 power/1050 condi/900 ish healing with 16k hp and low toughness atm.

Currently using Sword/Torch and Staff.

Honor/Radiance/FB.

Support means, mantras for heal, cleanse and protection for allies. Symbols are set up to heal as well.

Edit: stats are with stacking sigil for e tra healing power. Might drop it depending on the sustain (might want more toughness instead).

There are a couple if things you should consider:

1. I assume you are talking mostly open world. Generally, boon duration and boons is the biggest support you can provide. Particularly 100% uptime on quickness.
  2. I would go with zero toughness. It has no value.
  3. Same with HP. Especially, if you are going heavy support. More than 200 or so HP is a waste.
  4. I will leave healing power to you. Obliviously, the more healing you have the less stats you can allocate to damage.
  5. Balthazar is extremely good with sinister/griveing for damage. For support, not really. In my opinion, FB runes are best for FB PvE support.

@"saerni.2584" said:The support aspect is secondary. I’m thinking sinister and grieving for core stats and then some others to round everything out.

For now I’m going to have a little more hp than the base, just to be safe.

This is my setup (copied from another thread):

It's hard to be a hybrid and perform well in all areas. This is what I use for open world PVE. It provides decent power, burning (90% dur.), survivability, and some healing ability:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJARWnkICVDhNDBmDBEEhlAC7abNnyA7R0LaH1KA8AeTA-jRiAQBoR5nO2fYqaCGwFAofHCAA8EAgo6P7RHAkUCSKAYGtB-e

For events where I plan to be more of a support role, I switch some skills and traits around thusly (sometimes swapping Valor out for Honor):http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJARWnsADVDhNDBGBDkCjlAC7abNnyAWBgHwba/hWR3oA-jRiAQBoR53e0BAgnAAEV/ZqaCgkSwBcBA63hAQH7PQKAAXpB-e