Power Chrono Build, Offhand Help Needed

Oulak.3610

So I'm running a Power Chrono build with all Berserker items. I have the holosmith's ascended sword (berserker's stats) for my main hand, and I'm looking at the weaver's ascended sword for my offhand, but I don't want to lock myself out of a good condi option for my weaver if I don't have to. So, my question is what deals more damage in a power Chrono's offhand - an exotic sword with 'zerker stats or an ascended sword with viper's stats?

If you are playing power build, berserker is almost always the main and only choice fo your gear.

Also, you can always exchange stats on ascended weapon, so I dont get the issue here to be honest xDIf you have ascended sword as offhand, make it berserker for chrono, and you can then change it into viper's for your weaver

PChrono is a bit different when it comes to gearing. If you expect to take it raiding a lot/you know your comp will slow things for you, sure, go full zerkers. Otherwise, it might be better to tack on some missing crit chance% using assassin gear (and if you cant use Danger Time at all, expect to be putting on A LOT of it).

Back to the main question, your phantasms (the main attraction of OH sword) are completely unaffected by weapon strength since they use their own. That being said, getting ascended doesn’t even really matter, but the exotic zerkers completely would trump the ascended viper.

Thanks for the comments folks, they're exactly what I was looking for. I switch back and forth between my mesmer and elementalist very often (like, daily), so switching stats on the sword that frequently doesn't make sense. I'll just stick with the exotic berserker stats until I can fashion a third ascended sword.