What are your mount names? - skyscale edition

Disclaimer: No it is not possible to name your mounts in GW2. There is no option to assign a name to any of them, and as far as I know no plans to add one. However that doesn't stop players from making up names for their mounts, which is what this topic is for.

I know we've had topics on this before, but we've got at least one new mount since then so I thought it was time for a new one. What, if anything, do you call your mounts? Do you have different names for each skin or treat them all as the same animal? Do different characters give their mounts different names?

I have to admit I've gone for the easy route and just have 1 name for each mount, with one exception (see below). Here's mine, which I admit aren't very creative:

• Raptor - Bitey. It seemed like an aggressive mount when I got it (maybe because I was new to mounts with combat abilities) and then the name stuck. (I like to say my main character called her that because they got off to a rough start.)
  • Springer - Totoro. Because the face reminded me of the creature in the movie My Neighbour Totoro and springers seem similarly friendly and mysterious.
  • Skimmer - Manaurai. Named after the fictional sea which is the setting for the Wii game Endless Ocean. The skimmer is a more chilled out mount so naming it after a relaxing video game location seemed to fit.
  • Jackal - Link. Because it reminded me of wolf-Link in Twilight Princess (especially being a creature reclaimed from a corrupted realm).
  • Griffon - Willow. Named after both a cat and an osprey I've looked after.
  • Roller beetle - Petey. Because that's what Gorrik called it.
  • Pangolin roller beetle - Temminckii - From the scientific name for the ground pangolin (Smutsia temminckii) and therefore indirectly named after Dutch zoologist Coenraad Jacob Temminck who they were named for. (With all due respect to him I think the name sounds cute.)
  • Warclaw - Charlie. After one of my cats.
  • Skyscale - Alzaranth. Named after the Pernese dragon Impressed by my main free-form roleplaying character when I was a teenager. (Maybe rather optimistically she's a gold dragon, although I might experiment with other colour schemes in GW2.)

I have names just for my griffon and skyscale.The Griffon is called Karl-Franz after the Emporer of a well known tabletop game (He is riding a griffon too.)And my Skyscale is called Aurelia after my wife. (Hard to get, sometimes expensive, terrifying, awsome and sometimes behave like a dragon :). But i can also sit in her fold and life is good again to me!!)

Raptor - Reptar. Because I still love Reptar from Rugrats.Springer - Pascal. Named after Pascal the chameleon in the movie Tangled. I use the cute gecko skin for my Springer.Skimmer - Pancake. Named because he's flat like a pancake, and I was hungry.Jackal - Oy. Named after the Billybumbler Oy in the Dark Tower series.Griffon - Lucy, as in "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" (I use one of the super sparkly skins)Roller Beetle - Ringo. Named after Ringo Starr of The Beatles.Skyscale - Rhaenya. Named because I wanted a Targaryen-esque name for my baby skyscale.

@PhantomGoddess.5174 said:

@Endless Soul.5178 said:My main character named her skyscale
Ruuth
after the White Dragon in the Dragonriders of Pern series.

Love that series! Now if I could find a decent gold for mine, I'd name mine Ramoth. As for the others, they don't really have names as of now...my brain is usually not on top of things like that.

I normally use either Redemption or Illumination for gold. On the skyscale I've been mainly using Illumination. It's maybe a bit pale, but I think it looks good.

I don't really have any names for my mounts, except for the Skimmer, who I just refer to as "Trash" or "Floaty Boi", the latter much more likely with a female in voice chat around.

I'm not very big on names anyway. Lacking creativity in that department!

Raptor (Default skin): GearRaptor (Primordial skin): MoemoGriffon (Northern Featherwing): FeatherblueSpringer: (Summit Wildhorn): ? (can't decide)Skyscale (Default skin): SpyroRoller Beetle (Default skin): Petey (same reason as OP)Skimmer (Default skin): n/aJackal (Exalted): n/aWarclaw (n/a (do not have it unlocked)): n/a

I tend to name them after their primary dyes or skins. As some examples:

Raptors: Electro Lemon, Sour, Exo Cobalt, Cuddles, Ebony, Volt, VulcanSpringers: Strawberry, Rose Ice, Exo Armordillo, Mittens, Penny, Crystal, PyreSkimmers: Ghost, Blue Ice, Exo Seaspray, Blizzard, Brook, Lightray, SmokeJackals: Sprig, Pastel, Exo Laser, Flurry, Silver, Galaxy, BlazeGriffins: Bloodstone Indigo, Night Air, Exo Glyph, Socks, Starry Night, Tiger, Phoenix

I started out trying to find names for each mount for each character. Then I realized that most of my characters simply don't have their own mounts icly, and until recently I hadn't been doing in-game rp enough for it to matter (lots of rp in text chats, just not in the clunky game interface for it, since my in-game rp groups had mostly evaporated).

So the roster stands for now at:Raptor - RappingtonSpringer - Afoot (as in the game is)Skimmer - Evinrude (as in the animated dragonfly)Jackal - MissitGriffon - McKinley (as in Mount)Beetle - none yetWarclaw - don't even have the mountSkyscale - Magpie (as in "You evil magpie! You betwixed me! You're not a dragon!")

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Donari.5237" said:Skyscale - Magpie (as in "You evil magpie! You betwixed me! You're not a dragon!")

I love that!

Thanks! I have to give credit for it to Map chat where someone quoted that line when talking about skyscales and I declared I would then use Magpie as the name. So I didn't steal the name from anyone as such but definitely someone else remembered the line and thus inspired me :)