Blasting superspeed?

Kenshu.3825

Superspeed does not stack so you can blast whatever, it'll still only be 5s from the last blast. Given that you'd probably need both bulwark and shredder for lightning fields, it leaves little in the way of blasts - which mean you might as well go another couple of gyros and get near perma superspeed without blasting anything lol. But I suppose it depends on the mode too.

In WvW, when I speed up dollies, i usually use purge, bulwark and medic-gyro.

I begin with bulwark (lightning) + blast/jump, which lasts 5s until the bulwark expires, then the bulwarks gives 5s and I run the next gyro (medic or purge, +5s) and after that the other one (+5s). Then 20s are over and bulwark is ready again.

The advantage is to never have to stop and that I'm still somewhat capable as a support-scrapper when enemies show up.Alternatively you can stick to medikit and use shreddergyro instead of elixir-gun, but then lack a stunbreaker.

@Kenshu.3825 said:Ok cool. Yea sorry should have said in wvw and for like engaging on a stealth bomb. Just wanted to see/keep the max duration of superspeed was all.Which would be fairly pointless. Only you can blast for superspeed (well and any other scrapper) so in practice we're looking at 1/10th or maybe 1/5th of the zerg actually getting superspeed from your blasts and with it not stacking it would be gone by the end of you stealth blasting to engage.

The use of superspeed is very situational and often just at the very last moments of critical pushes (or right after to get away from counterbomb). Rarely have time to blast it.

@Dawdler.8521 said:The use of superspeed is very situational and often just at the very last moments of critical pushes (or right after to get away from counterbomb). Rarely have time to blast it.

in zerg fights at these situations you should have bulwark-gyro ready to protect team mates. Typically I combine it either with shield-4 or hammer-3, since superspeed is a great advantage at these situations. hammer-3 triggers jump-finisher twice, while shield-4 is very precice in placement, so usually I have little problems hitting the bulwarks lightning-field.

That being said, if there is no guaranteed superspeed source for most zerg players and you are in the commander-group, you should avoid blasting superspeed. Otherwise the commander's group is easily separated from the rest of the zerg.

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:The use of superspeed is very situational and often just at the very last moments of critical pushes (or right after to get away from counterbomb). Rarely have time to blast it.

in zerg fights at these situations you should have bulwark-gyro ready to protect team mates. Typically I combine it either with shield-4 or hammer-3, since superspeed is a great advantage at these situations. hammer-3 triggers jump-finisher twice, while shield-4 is very precice in placement, so usually I have little problems hitting the bulwarks lightning-field.

That being said, if there is no guaranteed superspeed source for most zerg players and you are in the commander-group, you should avoid blasting superspeed. Otherwise the commander's group is easily separated from the rest of the zerg.

Which was kind of the point, you do something like that right on impact. Its not like the com stacks and buffs up while you pop bulwark and go flying into the enemy zerg alone.