About the new EU World Links (6/27/2019)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your goal was to lose players and destroy communities that formed and played together over several years. Congratulations this change worked.If you want that people say abusive and hostile things about the new linkserver, they've fighted and learnt to hate for years- you've succeeded.If you want to decrease the overall wvw population again-you've succeeded, because I am sure some people will just stop to play your game. For many people over many years WvW was the only thing that kept them in the game with minor to 0 interest about the pve aspect of the game.So you destroyed communities with this change just to balance out numbers. Numbers aren't people and people aren't data and I am not sure what made you think that this was a good idea. The cons outweigh the positive things this change might bring. Why should I play with some people that just run amok? For some WvW chest a WvW mount and some other shinies? No thanks I play for and with the community that formed over those years not for the loot.Please revert this change asap the damage is already done but we are used to it. Be quick or many will be gone forever.

I mean i was laughing today in TS when i realised what Vabbi was linked with or what RoS was a link for and Who WSR got. It was hilarious. How ever regardless of that, what really is going to happen is that Vabbi will be reduce to nothing because i don't belive for a second that Vabbi even thogh their glory days are gone, they wont accept being farmed by Drakkar lake with a K/D under 1. I just don't see this happen. I also don't see RoS anytime soon accepting AM as a host since AM is a roll over who live for ppt. And RoS was never aiming for that. Even though it was already known that RoS also lost their glory days and movements will happen regarldess of this, it just is like placing Ronald Mc Donald together with Rambo and wonder why they don't like each other. Because you know they are on two different sides.

Again this are two servers who were broken, but the comunity they had left that would not move was just now absolutely rolled over by Arena Net. WSR are in a better state because they are the host. And they manage with or without a link. But still Rambo and Ronald Mc Donald and two servers sharing zero interest in WvW because they are on the very outer sides of it and it is just gonna create a lot of tension.

So imagine if Arena net instead had merged the lowest populated servers and let those on it move to the server of their choice. So that they could CHOOSE if they like Rambo or Ronald Mc Donalds instead of being forced in to marriage for 2 months with someone who have all the habbits you absolutely hate. Imgaine that....

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Tuchanka.5148" said:they've fighted and learnt to hate for years

I want to reply to this specific line: there is no place for hate in Guild Wars 2. Hateful behavior should be reported and we regularly take actions about hate speech. If you see any within the game (or on the forums for that matter!), please follow these instructions:

1. Right click on the player's character
  2. Click on the small portrait of the player near the top and center of your screen
  3. Select "Report"
  4. On the Player Conduct Report panel choose a reason for your report from the drop-down menu

@Leaa.2943 said:I mean i was laughing today in TS when i realised what Vabbi was linked with or what RoS was a link for and Who WSR got. It was hilarious. How ever regardless of that, what really is going to happen is that Vabbi will be reduce to nothing because i don't belive for a second that Vabbi even thogh their glory days are gone, they wont accept being farmed by Drakkar lake with a K/D under 1. I just don't see this happen. I also don't see RoS anytime soon accepting AM as a host since AM is a roll over who live for ppt. And RoS was never aiming for that. Even though it was already known that RoS also lost their glory days and movements will happen regarldess of this, it just is like placing Ronald Mc Donald together with Rambo and wonder why they don't like each other. Because you know they are on two different sides.

Again this are two servers who were broken, but the comunity they had left that would not move was just now absolutely rolled over by Arena Net. WSR are in a better state because they are the host. And they manage with or without a link. But still Rambo and Ronald Mc Donald and two servers sharing zero interest in WvW because they are on the very outer sides of it and it is just gonna create a lot of tension.

So imagine if Arena net instead had merged the lowest populated servers and let those on it move to the server of their choice. So that they could CHOOSE if they like Rambo or Ronald Mc Donalds instead of being forced in to marriage for 2 months with someone who have all the habbits you absolutely hate. Imgaine that....

eh? why should that cause problems? each of the two servers concentrate on what they like. let RoS search for fights, let AM do the ppt and together they might be able to hold their ground. Or not.

I am more concerned about the ER/FR link. Most Germans only learn French at school after english - and even then it is optional (I picked latin instead for example). And French aren't known for their foreign language skills either. So there might be a lot of tension. One side with english as very secondary language, the other with no secondary language at all. Does not bode that well.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

@Tuchanka.5148 said:they've fighted and learnt to hate for years

I want to reply to this specific line: there is no place for hate in Guild Wars 2. Hateful behavior should be reported and we regularly take actions about hate speech. If you see any within the game (or on the forums for that matter!), please right click on the name in chat or in the UI, and use the report command.

Agreed.I want to excuse my poor choice of words here: rivalry is the word that I was looking for, I'm sorry for that.

Some mapchat this reset was just really ugly and I think many people were just busy typing something, that was supposed to be funny or just straight up racist. I don't think the majority was really interested in playing the gamemode tonight from my perception.I really hope this does not continue, we lost a lot of friends with this relink -for this.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

eh? why should that cause problems? each of the two servers concentrate on what they like. let RoS search for fights, let AM do the ppt and together they might be able to hold their ground. Or not.

Not why, it IS a problem and it always was a problem and you asking why tells me that you are not aware of how different this three examples are.

@Chaba.5410 said:

@TheBravery.9615 said:is it possible to just combine eu region with NA region so we get nonstop fights 24/7 without having laggy servers?

Was hopeing that would be the case

Yea, I'll just have a non-laggy fight with my 300ms ping to EU... I'd hate to think what OCX's ping would be.

I get a nice ms of 198 in wvw and a little lower in pve (from Australia aswell)

• Yak's Bend, Sanctum of Rall

Thank you for work hard but Why Yak's Bend link with Sanctum of Rall again ?

we stuck together for 2 month then we have to stuck together again more 2 month ?woww ... why other NA server got new relink matchup but not for Yak's Bend ?What is the principles for selecting server matchup ?

best regard

@"Tuchanka.5148" said:they've fighted and learnt to hate for years

I want to reply to this specific line: there is no place for hate in Guild Wars 2. Hateful behavior should be reported and we regularly take actions about hate speech. If you see any within the game (or on the forums for that matter!), please follow these instructions:
  1. Right click on the player's character
  2. Click on the small portrait of the player near the top and center of your screen
  3. Select "Report"
  4. On the Player Conduct Report panel choose a reason for your report from the drop-down menu

Killing off roaming brought hate all on its own.

You should see how they did the relinks for NA. TC got absolutely destroyed in T2 last week. Had outnumbered pips on nearly every map all day, every day. Their solution for a relinking was to put us as 4th overall, so green spawn back in T2. Not sure who is responsible for the relinks, but there is no way we are 4th overall, in ANY category. Not in population, not in total playtime, not in pips earned, not in activity, not in anything.

Great job on the relinks (the sarcasm is real).