I told you Sylvari had teeth!

Ashantara.8731

@Trise.2865 said:Yes, art created by fans who model off existing artwork (and their experience drawing humans) definitely qualifies as scientific evidence...

It's not the fans that uploaded these user pics, though. It was a decision made by ArenaNet, so you can count on its accuracy. Besides, you can see the sylvari teeth in-game as well, it is not like it was made up by those fans.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Lumpy Forehead.2193 said:Why the surprise? Female sylvaries have breasts even though they don't breast feed.

Yes, there is a lot about the Sylvari that puzzles me. My personal explanation is that Mordremoth shaped them based on human physiology - why, though, I have no clue. ;)

They were made in imitation of humans (as they would inherit it after Mordremoth took over), so they have breasts even though, yes, they don't use them.

In Divinity's Reach, there is a traveling Sylvari that is asking a human where to get food, to which he replied an inn, tavern, also made a little joke about salad.But the Sylvari said that She can eat everything a human can eat. So I always assumed they had similar teeth like humans do.

Yes, sylvari have teeth. Just clip the camera into their face and you can see them...

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Lumpy Forehead.2193 said:Why the surprise? Female sylvaries have breasts even though they don't breast feed.

Yes, there is a lot about the Sylvari that puzzles me. My personal explanation is that Mordremoth shaped them based on human physiology - why, though, I have no clue. ;)

The Pale Tree is the one who shaped them, from what we have been told. She shaped them in the appearance of humans.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Psientist.6437 said:What would the teeth be made of? Would they be hard thorns? That Sylvari is creepy enough to have taken them from someone else.

Since all Sylvari have teeth, I doubt that this particular one has fake ones made of human teeth. ;) But I agree that he looks super creepy. =)

I am willing to accept that Sylvari have teeth, but that Sylvari definitely took them from a human. He likely conned an old lady for them.

Can Sylvari metabolize sunlight?

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:The Pale Tree is the one who shaped them, from what we have been told. She shaped them in the appearance of humans.

That's what we were told before she presented us with the truth, though, which is that Mordemoth is their creator ("We come from the jungle dragon." - The Pale Tree).

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:The Pale Tree is the one who shaped them, from what we have been told. She shaped them in the appearance of humans.

That's what we were told
before
she presented us with the truth, though, which is that Mordemoth is their creator ("We come from the jungle dragon." - The Pale Tree).

Mordremoth didn't design their appearance. He might be the originator of them by the fact that the Pale Tree is a cleansed Blighting Tree (aka a normal tree corrupted by Mordremoth's magic, then purified by still unknown means), but he was still asleep and unconscious when the sylvari were first born; he only began to stir because of Scarlet's mind dive into The All via Omadd's Machine. The Pale Tree chose how to make the sylvari and sylvan hounds look.

The first minions designed by Mordremoth were very plant-like (thrashers, tendrils), were converting the sylvari's creations (husks), or were turning animals into plants (troll and wolves). Then he began creating mimicries much like the sylvari (teragriffs and menders) though he avoided the humanoid appearance.

Thanks, that was helpful info. You are right, of course. I completely forgot that he was still asleep at the time. But in whose name did the Pale Tree create the Sylvari then, shaped them, made thme have dreams that would decide over their wyld hunts, etc? Who gave her that power?

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Thanks, that was helpful info. You are right, of course. I completely forgot that he was still asleep at the time. But in whose name did the Pale Tree create the Sylvari then, shaped them, made thme have dreams that would decide over their wyld hunts, etc? Who gave her that power?

She modeled them off of humans because of Ronan; her ability to shape them is no different than any other dragon champion's ability to spread "dragon corruption". She doesn't give Wyld Hunts, the Dream does; just as the Nightmare gives Dark Hunts. The Dream and Nightmare are separate from the Pale Tree and Mordremoth.

@Arden.7480 said:their bones are wood. Teeth are bones.

ta-daaaa

No, teeth are not bones. The two have a very different tissue structure compared to each other, if teeth were bones, they'd be able to heal from cavities, cracks or chips on their own.

Not that that says anything about Sylvari teeth being wood, I'm not myself aware of any plant tissue that is harder than wood.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@Arden.7480 said:their bones are wood. Teeth are bones.

ta-daaaa

No, teeth are not bones. The two have a very different tissue structure compared to each other, if teeth were bones, they'd be able to heal from cavities, cracks or chips on their own.

Not that that says anything about
Sylvari
teeth being wood, I'm not myself aware of any plant tissue that is harder than wood.

yeah, right. you make a good point.