Raising toxicity

Ashantara.8731

Believe it or not Draco, there was a time when online gaming didn't revolve around who could be more toxic and real trolling actually had some tact to it. Inappropriate behaviour (ToS standpoimt, not snowflakes) used to be dealt with swiftly in online games, not added to a very long queue of tickets that may or may not get seen within a week.

We got the GH-Dz link and apart from a few troll comments at reset, it's been pretty chill.Dz guys are being Polite and mostly chatting English, and those that aren't are not being flamed out from what I've seen.

I was expecting a shit show, but credit where it's due, both communities have merged pretty well in a short time. No doubt it'll be a bit up and down for a few days or weeks but I think it's been better than expected.

@TwanBr.8340 said:

As a player on Abaddons Mouth, the RoS has been linked to, I can confirm what Faaris says. I will make good use of the block/report function in the comming eight weeks as it seems.

I agree, AM/RoS team chat was a disgrace the first 2 hours.Atmosphere was really nice afterwards though, especially great after midnight. Can only hope it will be like this most of the time, rather than like the first 2 hours.Players having kneejerk reactions? But thats never happened before!
What is this madness?!

@Dawdler.8521 said:Players having kneejerk reactions? But thats never happened before! What is this madness?!

I've actually been treated like this in real life before. When I was young and travelled per bus through European countries, in the Netherlands and in Italy, we have been insulted as Nkittens and our bus had been thrown at with whatever they had at hand. It's not a knee-jerk reaction, it's a habit. The same happened to my grandfather when he was in Athens when he was young.

I actually am from Germany. Played from 2012 (release) to end of 2013. Then a break and just returned a few weeks ago. But since the beginning I Play on Underworld (English/international language server). Imo most other Germany take games too seriously and play for stats/rewards and gear and trying to be as much efficient as possible. Instead of "just trying to have fun" every now and then. Of course that doesn't apply to everyone and could also be only my personal impression.

But years before I started GW2 I played another game with a very small community (not an MMO ) - and I enjoyed all the different people from different european countries playing together. (Was heavily team oriented game.)

Now I'm sorry if someone from my country insulted others because of "linkings". (I think sometimes this system also links the servers that are dedicated to one language with the international ones in - in EU. At least I remember someone talking German in my Underworld WvW chat some time ago and doing a minor general insult in German language because he didn't like the non professional way other players - majority on the map - played in his opinion.)

The main problem is that people play for different reasons. Some want fun. Some want purely the win of the team. Some want to get a lot of own kills and don't care about the team. Putting rewads that encourage to play your own style (focusing less on team play to get rewards is possible) also help to keep this problem up. Back then at the release of GW2 we had the map completion that required WvW where people only doing that cluttered the map/queue and took a spot where other "real WvW players" hat to be in queue.

Edit: And I just saw someone above that is German playing on international server as well - who complained about the international players insulting cause Germans speak German. That is a problem of ArenaNet and their linking. People probably got used to speak German ... cause servers were set up like that in the beginning. There should be no insults. But even without asking politely I think most people should try to play for the team ... and communication works best if everony understands it. A few simple terms/sentences might be possible to learn easy for people that don't speak English. Or chat macros could be introduced in the game that apper for each in their own language.

Instead of XYZ is getting attacked there coult be a macro/shortcuts that people see in their own language.

@neven.3785 said:Normally it's just a small group of boys trying to one up eachother. Block, report, and move on. Germans may think they are singled out, but most of those people are trying to get a rise out of anyone who bites regardless of nationality.

As for other languages in chat, contrary to what EU thinks, in NA servers you see Portuguese, Tagalog, Korean, spanish and even french depending on your server, map and timezone. Rarely do people demand English, scouting though is generally English or along the lines of location number and colours even by the non English guilds. We get you are mourning your loss of community, we all had to do it long ago so appreciate the boon you were given by having it last much longer than most

I don't believe I've seen French very often yet, but I can vouch for the other four in varying amounts depending on the server (Korean being most common). For the most part I suspect that Asian players in particular are welcomed for the off-hours coverage.

IMO people get tired and notice that the way they need to "look like a decent player" they cant relly much on their personal skill since game is all about gimmicks and low effor raotations with high results, the one who performs it faster and with high dps will win.

People need to follow and forcefully play some builds even if they dont like to play that genra of builds, if they want to win, due how gimmick based game is builted.

Mechanicly wise game is very easy to carry players on offense, it is ment to help new and bad players overperforming.Anet poor balance and skill iterations decisions generates the players behavior i think.The devs that make the classes and skils at my eyes have a huge part on the players behavior...

@"Aeolus.3615" said:IMO people get tired and notice that the way they need to "look like a decent player" they cant relly much on their personal skill since game is all about gimmicks and low effor raotations with high results, the one who performs it faster and with high dps will win.

People need to follow and forcefully play some builds even if they dont like to play that genra of builds, if they want to win, due how gimmick based game is builted.

Mechanicly wise game is very easy to carry players on offense, it is ment to help new and bad players overperforming.Anet poor balance and skill iterations decisions generates the players behavior i think.The devs that make the classes and skils at my eyes have a huge part on the players behavior...

hehe we need to do a full nomad raid someday. all daredevils. 10 of us. :bleep_bloop:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:IMO people get tired and notice that the way they need to "look like a decent player" they cant relly much on their personal skill since game is all about gimmicks and low effor raotations with high results, the one who performs it faster and with high dps will win.

hehe we need to do a full nomad raid someday. all daredevils. 10 of us. :bleep_bloop:

Dodge dodge evade dodge evade dodge evade.. lol

• ArenaNet Staff

I'm going to close this thread and then take some time to clean it up. That means working with our moderators to make sure we give the appropriate infractions to people who may have violated the Forums Code of Conduct. Please post your feedback (and not discussions) about the topic of the new EU World Links and the removal of language restrictions from them in this thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/80778/about-the-new-eu-world-links-6-27-2019