Tips on dealing with the toxicity

Ryudnard.2587

Use the ignore button.

Like seriously, I play other competitive MOBA's like Dota 2. You guys have no clue what it really means to deal with the toxic players. And the real racists. GW2, even the wvw, is generally a very friendly community. I've played on both EU and NA (EU seemed to be focused on playing the game more competitively; NA is mostly for the fun, and chat, and chill, and making friends, except for some dedicated WvW guilds).

Maybe I am immune to the flamers, because I have been an avid dota 2 player for a long time. But here is my honest advice: You shouldnt care too much. If you are constantly getting tilted and driven away by the toxic chat/players, it's more likely that you are feeding way too much attention to them. Do not ever respond them back anything. Just mute and enjoy your own game.

Let's talk about me little bit more. I am a meta breaker. I command as a thief. I sometimes threaten my squad that I will bring my LB Soul Beast if they don't stack on me. I let everyone join the squad, any class. I do not use TS because this is not dota 2 ranked games. I am extremely unorganized as a pugmander. So yeah, guess how many ppl hate me and send me the death wishes through PM's. Like, no joke, I get very mean and angry messages every other day. If they get way too hot, I ignore them. But at the same time, there are many others who'd whisper to say hello and say stuff like ty for the run. Focus on these good people. It will make you feel better.

Lastly, I sometimes swear and troll them back, coz I get high. But that's just me. Don't be like me. ")

Lastly, the new link is so refreshing and fun. I loved the German players last night. It is like taking a free German 101 class for the next 3 months. And I learnt that davai is not german, it is russian.

When I get jumped on, have siege thrown on me, someone whispers "kys" and all that good shit, I just tell myself that this person doesn't know anything about me, toxicity is just a reflection of their bad mental state. Or it's just venting or trolling. Either way, I don't take it personally; if it gets way out of hand, just block. However, good shit talking can be fun, when it's actually clever and funny.

So... OP first tells ppl wvw is really not too toxic, when compared to other games. Then OP proceeds to say "maybe he is immune to the flamers".And he concludes with the fact that, he, himself, the embodiment of non-conventional commanding, the rebel god, the thiefmander (heresy!) , the rangermander (blasphemy!) , He Who Leads Unorganized, sometimes swears and trolls people back. On a non toxic game. With immunity to flamers.Yep, ignore button right there.

@acdspydar.8920 said:

@acdspydar.8920 said:Cry on the forums. Usually gets the job done, amirite!?

Found the guy who cant read! Hehe

Good for you OP aswell.. normally I just troll the rager into raging more.

Or maybe just doesn't care.

Nah you clearly posted before reading lmao good chuckle

OP may not have made the bait in the title on purpose, but I hope he did.

I mean, If you didnt care, then you wouldnt have opened the thread, clicked on the comment window, typed out a sentence and then hit the post button. Thats a lot of effort for someone who doesnt care.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Nah you clearly posted before reading

The effort of someone who doesnt care.

Correct

@acdspydar.8920 said:

Nah you clearly posted before reading

The effort of someone who doesnt care.

Correct

Why did you change what I wrote?..anyway.

Still gave me a good chuckle