Subject Alpha as a new main villain?

Crystal Black.8190

Subject Alpha which was created by the Inquest by combining different kinds of dragon magic would in my opinion be a good candidate for a villain in the upcoming season. After it escaped the inquest facility it would have had enough time by now to regenerate and consume a lot of the magic the player unleashed on the world. It also has the ability to command dragon minions. Now that zaithan, mordremoth and kralk are dead it could use some of their remaining minions for its own purpose. Considering its creation it could try to take the place of one of the dead elder dragons similar to aurene if it gets enough magic to eat.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:Subject Alpha which was created by the Inquest by combining different kinds of dragon magic would in my opinion be a good candidate for a villain in the upcoming season. After it escaped the inquest facility it would have had enough time by now to regenerate and consume a lot of the magic the player unleashed on the world. It also has the ability to command dragon minions. Now that zaithan, mordremoth and kralk are dead it could use some of their remaining minions for its own purpose. Considering its creation it could try to take the place of one of the dead elder dragons similar to aurene if it gets enough magic to eat.

I don't know about that much, but it is interesting to think about what the Inquest must know to be able to combine all of those magics into one being. Did the full metal alchemist brothers ever mention anything about all of this research during Season 4?

It's kind of odd that we didn't have more dialogue with Gorrik during the last episode, considering Blish was inside of Kralk, and considering what we discovered about Kralk's torment and combined magic - especially since he is a former inquest member. Maybe they'll add to that in the coming season.

On that note, I'm not particularly fond of Inquest heavy plots, but I wouldn't be surprised to find a smaller sub plot during this season following up on Overseer Kuda, Phlunt, or some other Inquest content. Perhaps they may even tie it into a Charr civil war if they decide to get into it, seeing as Overseer Kuda was introduced in the same patch that the Olmakhan, a foreign warband/tribe was introduced.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@Crystal Black.8190 said:Subject Alpha which was created by the Inquest by combining different kinds of dragon magic would in my opinion be a good candidate for a villain in the upcoming season. After it escaped the inquest facility it would have had enough time by now to regenerate and consume a lot of the magic the player unleashed on the world. It also has the ability to command dragon minions. Now that zaithan, mordremoth and kralk are dead it could use some of their remaining minions for its own purpose. Considering its creation it could try to take the place of one of the dead elder dragons similar to aurene if it gets enough magic to eat.

full metal alchemist brothers

Oh dang, why didn't i think of full metal alchemist when i saw those 2? As for subject Alpha, i don't think Anet has any more plan, they want to create this feeling of it's still out there watching.

Or Anet don't want to revive dungeon

I would like Subject Alpha to return in a more refined state. He's one of the more interesting explorable dungeon foes, imo, and the fact they intentionally made it that he survives has always held my curiosity. But as a main villain? I don't see it. I'd rather think he'd make better raid boss or world boss material than a main plot antagonist. Unless he gets a sudden case of intelligence boost and personality showing up.

Can't be a main villain. The explorable version of CoE always had a Resident Evil vibe to me. Subjet alpha in there would be akin to a Tyrant Bio Organic Weapon, but the deceased Kudu had the spot as the main villain, much like Wesker.

Still, Kuda, with the Subject Beta and having a ton of players testing its simulacrum could have potential, her whereabouts are unknown.