How long will it last ?

Yugz.6925

I've been playing for about six years now, and most PvP oriented players that I have ever met in the game quit the game or are depressed about it. I am truly wondering how long until will the game mode dies.We cannot really know about that because it depends on balance patches, but I, as tons of players , have lost faith.What do you think ? Is there a way to make things changes ? Share your internal thoughts !

@"Yugz.6925" said:I've been playing for about six years now, and most PvP oriented players that I have ever met in the game quit the game or are depressed about it. I am truly wondering how long until will the game mode dies.We cannot really know about that because it depends on balance patches, but I, as tons of players , have lost faith.What do you think ? Is there a way to make things changes ? Share your internal thoughts !

To me it became only a game of checking the forums every balance patch. And then most likely it'll be disappointing and i'll say to myself "sigh...maybe next balance patch.." and i check again after a few months.. and that's how i "play" gw2. since HoT i've started playing "check the forums" more then i play the actual game. there are some changes that they've made that i still wait for them to fix but they never really fix em. even better.. they tend to break things even more.. so yea.. how long? it will last as long as the game lasts. but u won't be seeing any healthy population like it was before HoT. or even during HoT for that matter. they gotta make some bold moves if they wanna save pvp. and apparently lots of ppl really love the game and they are willing to wait.. it shows that in general gw2 is an amazing game and ppl are patient but they get let down by the company over and over again. it's weird. cuz any other game u would just quit and that's it. but with gw2 ppl are actually still waiting and hoping for that "savior" of a balance patch. Anet is really hurting themselves. with such fanbase they could've made this game perfect.. but we all know how it turned out.

It will just get really bad and keep dragging along like gw1 still is. Horrible but there. Right now ranked is mostly just bots, wintraders, salty pugs, afk pve reward people and then a few people actually there to play.

Sadly with the wintrade war seasons since season 6 ranked hasn't been worth much. During seasons 1-4 when we had teams allowed and even both game modes in pvp allowed. It was more competitive and lively. Yeah the pip system wasn't great but compared to the current system... lol maybe the current would work with teams and both game modes no one will ever know.

Gotta find your fun like I did in pvp away from the toxic "ranked " or just wait and hope for guild wars 3 soon.

The only way to salvage it at the moment is for them to sit down with the top 25 players left and discuss specifics of different professions, because I doubt the devs get to play as much or watch enough to know what needs change and what doesn't besides that evidenced by metrics alone.

The next step would be to look over every elite spec line since HoT, and try to equalize the powercreep. This is to ensure HoT/PoF/Core can actually compete with eachother and offer viable options to the PvP meta. We want it to play different, but fill the same role.

The logical followup would be to then look at core traits and skills of every profession. They should be seen as what they can be now instead of what they were intended for 5 years ago, and they can't be afraid to revert a change. There would be no need to change already good picks, only the bad - however they would still need to be compared to other options to assure it competes. Since most skills/traits already are fairly balanced, this shouldn't be too intensive.

The last step would be to do all of this in a vacuum. Leave the PvE and WvW balances alone and split everything that needs splitting and don't look back. We cannot salvage this if we try to please anything outside the PvP community .

Then, and only then, we can start introducing a few new maps, maybe a new casual mode (I would prefer a hotjoin rework) instead of unranked and start promoting sPvP to the rest of the playerbase. If the community is happy, the experience of a new player will be infinitely better which is what it's all about really if we want to grow as such.

All of this would require intensive patching and adjusting over many months with a dedicated sPvP team working 8 hours a day on it, but the results should be rather noticable early on and the reward a flourishing gamemode that can sustain itself for atleast another 6 years by the playerbase (and automated events) alone.