The best profession in PVP

Mason.2685

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:Condi mirage is also S tier.

Like a year ago. Now it is barely a C.

@Mason.2685 said:Hi everyone!Just I am wondering what is the best profession in PVP you think in the moment.I haven't played GW2 in a wile so I would like to get a research with your opinions.I know this is hard to figure out because people have different play styles and thoughts. As my play style, I have played many professions in PVP, however, I still prefer to play condition Mesmer even though the profession has got many nerfs recently.I hope you to give me your list of profession rankings in your opinion and 'PLEASE' let's not make an argument.

Generally:

S Tier: Fire Brand Support, Holo and Spell BreakerA Tier: Soul Beast, scourge, scrapper, heraldB Tier: core thief, reaper, weaver

If your aim is to rank high in ranked (beyond 1650 rating) or play Arranged Teams, you definitely should stick to on of the above. If not, play what you like as long as it is not renegade or any condi build not mirage, scourge or Fire Brand.

You haven’t played PvP in a while, have you? Condi Mirage is S tier for sure. Spell Breaker however, isn’t. At most A tier but hardly even that. Just watch some ATs and you will get a clear picture of what classes are strong at the moment.

I was like something does not look right. Then I realized you main warrior. And now SB is underperforming and Mesmer is S tier. Ya buddy. There is not a single Mesmer over 1700 rating. Also, there was a discussion regarding AT in the last 3-4 weeks. And they mentioned that there was Mesmer had the least presentation since Feb and no team won had a Mesmer.

did Incisorr stop playing mes? I see he is 1725 atm.

There were at least 2 in top20 on EU last season. Mesmer is not dominant currently and lacking compared to the meta builds, but it is still A-Tier.What does it prove?More over its interrupt cmirage + chaos interrupt/LT bunker, both builds are noobcarry builds. Do you see something common on both builds?Other than that...where is any other viable builds?If we would look at class representation FB/scourge/rev/holo should have been destroyed with nerfs loooooooooong ago.

Totally agree. I just wanted to add something to support your point. There are some here believing mesmer wqould be trash tier like thief and ele. :smile:

The latter wasn't present in and mAT finals (?) for almost 2 years now and didn't get any real buffs lol.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@Mason.2685 said:Hi everyone!Just I am wondering what is the best profession in PVP you think in the moment.I haven't played GW2 in a wile so I would like to get a research with your opinions.I know this is hard to figure out because people have different play styles and thoughts. As my play style, I have played many professions in PVP, however, I still prefer to play condition Mesmer even though the profession has got many nerfs recently.I hope you to give me your list of profession rankings in your opinion and 'PLEASE' let's not make an argument.

Generally:

S Tier: Fire Brand Support, Holo and Spell BreakerA Tier: Soul Beast, scourge, scrapper, heraldB Tier: core thief, reaper, weaver

If your aim is to rank high in ranked (beyond 1650 rating) or play Arranged Teams, you definitely should stick to on of the above. If not, play what you like as long as it is not renegade or any condi build not mirage, scourge or Fire Brand.

You haven’t played PvP in a while, have you? Condi Mirage is S tier for sure. Spell Breaker however, isn’t. At most A tier but hardly even that. Just watch some ATs and you will get a clear picture of what classes are strong at the moment.

I was like something does not look right. Then I realized you main warrior. And now SB is underperforming and Mesmer is S tier. Ya buddy. There is not a single Mesmer over 1700 rating. Also, there was a discussion regarding AT in the last 3-4 weeks. And they mentioned that there was Mesmer had the least presentation since Feb and no team won had a Mesmer.

There were at least 2 in top20 on EU last season. Mesmer is not dominant currently and lacking compared to the meta builds, but it is still A-Tier.What does it prove?More over its interrupt cmirage + chaos interrupt/LT bunker, both builds are noobcarry builds. Do you see something common on both builds?Other than that...where is any other viable builds?If we would look at class representation FB/scourge/rev/holo should have been destroyed with nerfs loooooooooong ago.

Totally agree. I just wanted to add something to support your point. There are some here believing mesmer wqould be trash tier like thief and ele. :smile:

The latter wasn't present in and mAT finals (?) for almost 2 years now and didn't get any real buffs lol.I think you can see some mAT with a Sind there ? And Flandre was (trolling?) at latest mAT with weaver....I think if you delete chaos interruption mesmer probably will vanish from AT and in ranked you still would see people that cant play anything but cmirage(Guess who I'm talking about?). If not count this 2 c@ncer builds,I think mesmer in pretty bad, alot of unjustified nerfs hurts a lot.Also mesmer will never be viable as long thief(Sindrener? xD) is there. Boosted plasma 2OP

@Megametzler.5729 said:

Generally:

The latter wasn't present in and mAT finals (?) for almost 2 years now and didn't get any real buffs lol.

An ele won this month's mAT.

Kind of ironic your point..... about players acting like their own class is total trash and bullied, when it's actually perfectly fine.

Best proffesions are those ones that their core specs are equivalente to their elite specs.1: Necro - By far, the most strong proffession on the game, on all game modes. Presence, sustain, aoe boon corrupt, aoe condi burst, aoe power burst, aoe support.2: Guardian - Presence, aoe near insta kill burst, support.3: Mesmer - Mobility, insta killer burst, support, disengage.

4 and 5, on same level: Elementalist and Warrior - Damage and Sustain.6, 7 and 8 on same level: Thief, Revenant and Ranger - Damage and Mobility

9: Engineer - Core doesn't Works.

@otto.5684 said:

Generally:

LoL wut?? Where do you see that I ”main” a warrior? Cmon dude this is 2019 I play serveral classes. The most played for me in pvp is actually mesmer. Don’t remove that tin foile hat..

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Generally:

And what you managed to take away from watching tournaments........ is that Spellbreaker isn't a top-tier choice? When it's been a staple feature of the majority of teams since PoF released?

Yeah I saw them. I saw that they struggled compared to other classes in the same role.

Generally:

The latter wasn't present in and mAT finals (?) for almost 2 years now and didn't get any real buffs lol.I think you can see some mAT with a Sind there ? And Flandre was (trolling?) at latest mAT with weaver....I think if you delete chaos interruption mesmer probably will vanish from AT and in ranked you still would see people that cant play anything but cmirage(Guess who I'm talking about?). If not count this 2 c@ncer builds,I think mesmer in pretty bad, alot of unjustified nerfs hurts a lot.Also mesmer will never be viable as long thief(Sindrener? xD) is there. Boosted plasma 2OP

Oh, haha, I didn't see the newest mAT indeed. That was fun even though that was 100% the 2 rev's accomplishment.

Well, I do agree mesmer is not in a comfortable spot. The build diversity is meh, I would still like to see buffs to power mesmer (not damage though...) and see more choices to be made for either offense or defense. But it is not in a bad spot either.

Generally:

An ele won this month's mAT.

Kind of ironic your point..... about players acting like their own class is total trash and bullied, when it's actually perfectly fine.

I just watched the game, I didn't know about it indeed. :tongue:

The point is, however, the ele did basically nothing. Flandre could have played any other (halfway) mobile sidenoder (drooid, soulbeast, mesmer, spellbreaker...) and have much more impact in team fights. The winning point was not the ele, it was the two revs. They constantly burst someone in the team fights within seconds.

"Trash" might have been too strong a word (same goes for thief). If you followed my suggestions about ele, you'd have seen I never wanted any huge rework or scrapper-like buffs. Rather small adjustments and QoL things.

Although I PvP in some seasons, I'm not a full time PvPer, mostly WvW roamer so my opinion might be different:

Best Class: Holosmith

Classes people complain about but are NOT overpowered as people suggest: Support Firebrand, Core Thief/Deadeye, Soulbeast, scourge.

Unsure about: Revenant

Under-rated classes: Ele/Mesmer

I chose the best Class based on AoE, damage, sustain, mobility/disengage, carry potential, and least reliant on your team. Lastly, it's all just personal opinion from having played all the classes and in both North America and Europe.

One class that's in a grey area for me is Rev, as I really suck with it and I've only fought a couple really good Revs in North America (where I'm from); and I couldn't get high enough in EU to fight good Revs due to 180-280 ping. Most people suck here in NA, and regardless of the game played - tend to complain against what they lose against, and are vocal about what they play being under powered (talking about namely those playing what's within the current meta). Think self-induced tunnel vision and a lack of objectivity combined with bad sportsmanship.

@Ryan.9387 said:

@Ryan.9387 said:Considering carry potential and multi role flexibility.

S - Holo, RevA - Scrapper, Symbol Firebrand, SoulbeastB - Spelbreaker, Guardian, Thief, Weaver, Mirage, Chrono, Scourge, Reaper

I would say

S : Holo, Rev, FB Heal, Scourge, Mantra mesmerA : Scrapper, Reaper, Soulbeast, Spellbreaker, Condi Mirage, ThiefB : Weaver, Chrono, Berserker, Druid

The problem with your FB / scourge is that in ranked, you are a hostage to your team. You don't have the flexibility to take over a role your teamates are failing at.

If you are heal fb and your team doesn't do any damage? You lose.

If you are scourge and your team can't win side nodes? You lose.

However a holo for instance can abandon teamfights and can push the side nodes to take over the failing role. They are strong in any fight.

A rev can quickly move between fights to save losing matchups faster than every class but theif.

Mesmer (power) is just a worse rev. Condi is just a reaction to people dropping condi clear in a power meta.

100 times this. So much of meta build discussion confuses what is good in organized team fights vs what is good for ranked solo/duo queue. Playing a class based around mid team fights with limited mobility will generally result in some games where you smoke the other team mixed with games where you're next to useless and have little that you can do to prevent being dominated.