WvW Thief Meta Build?

QueenBrianna.4892

@enkidu.5937 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:either shortbow or D/P is your best bet.I'm just curious, is there a reason for Dagger over Sword? Or was it just a gap filler ;)

Not massively, I was thinking that in a zerg setting you either want the poison fields from shortbow or stealth to reset plus if found out of position from D/P. I used to duel with staff and S/P with bound, it works pretty well, just depends on the reasons you're taking the off set tbh.

I don't know what is close to a meta build for WvW but Bound and shortbow feel natural floating around the map in different sized fights and routes but core dodge into shortbow 5 still feels good and then there's the blast and other utility and the sb 3 evade becomes as instinctive as dodge. I think there's too much of a spectrum in the game mode and the matchups to have a meta build but if anyone claims there is one consider how much it will suck outside of it's niche.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:either shortbow or D/P is your best bet.I'm just curious, is there a reason for Dagger over Sword? Or was it just a gap filler ;)

Not massively, I was thinking that in a zerg setting you either want the poison fields from shortbow or stealth to reset plus if found out of position from D/P. I used to duel with staff and S/P with bound, it works pretty well, just depends on the reasons you're taking the off set tbh.I totally agree on Staff and SB, was just wondering about the sword -> dagger thing, because the auto cleaves and the port -> return on sword appear better than on dagger. Denying insta rezz from IM with dagger cleave might be a thing to think about, true :)

The thief essentially has no meta variant any longer. Post Swipe change, the class is more or less a play if you like it sort of affair with few builds performing well beyond +1 fights. Much easier to roll an actual meta build on another class. The only way I win an even match is simply to outplay my opponent because nothing about the class can be relied upon for an advantage.

Want ranged burst, hello pew-pew Soul Beast. Want stealth, roll a Mesmer variant or Holo. Want up close pure blowup, go with a Warrior variant or Holo. Condi build, virtually every class is better. Evasion build, load up a Tempest. Want to escape and reset in WvW or gank zerglings... not happening easily thanks to Warclaw. Its not the fastest, stealthiest, hardest hitting, evasive... it simply isn't the best at anything and it isn't even a good jack of all trades which is now owned by Ranger variants.