Griffon (Acquisition) Train [NA]

Note: I am not the organizer. This just seems like a great idea for those still reluctant to get started.If you have questions, visit the thread and contact @"Kixri.4078" in game or via Reddit.

Original Post by Kixri.4078

On Sunday May 5th at 5:00 PM EST, Kixri will be leading [their] Monthly Griffon Collection Train ... through all of the Path of Fire maps (NA). ... Griffon Roosts, Eggs, Legendary Corrupted Facet and Shadi’s Equipment Collection. No Hearts, we only do Events if they fit into the time frame of the run. This Train will be hosted on the first Monday of every month so if you are not yet ready to fly the skies don't worry! Next run: June 3rd 9:30PMEST

For the train, please make sure you have:

• Path of Fire Story Complete
  • Open Skies Collections unlocked (Visit the Remains of the Last Spearmarshal to start the collection)
  • Spearmarshal’s Plea
  • Springer Mount with High Vault (mastery rank 3)
  • Temple of Kormir Waypoint [&BHUKAAA=]
  • Augury’s Shadow Waypoint [&BFMKAAA=]
  • The Scourgeway Waypoint [&BHMKAAA=]

List of Waypoints not necessarily needed as you can move pretty fast on mounts but will be extremely helpful to having everyone moving quickly!

• Highjump Ranch Waypoint [&BJ0KAAA=]
  • Direct Delve Waypoint [&BKQKAAA=]
  • Olishar’s Oasis Camp Waypoint [&BCgKAAA=]
  • The Darklands Waypoint [&BKMKAAA=]

This will take roughly 1-2 hours. [Kixri] will try to wait at each location for about a minute for stragglers to keep up but ...can’t guarantee waiting as [they] have a full schedule. [They] will be advertising in the Crystal Oasis LFG at 5:30pm and using those 30 minutes to prepare and answer questions. [They] will be playing on my Firebrand Luxawna and will have 1-2 Mesmers helping with portals. [The] first location will be the Temple of Kormir Waypoint [&BHUKAAA=] and then Killing the Legendary Corrupted Facet

Feel free to add them in game: Kixri.4078

Hope to see you there!

• 4 weeks later...

@VDAC.2137 said:I just unlocked the griffon collections and would love to participate in this next run on June 3rd! I want to confirm that the start time is planned for 9:30 PM EST. =)

Note: I am not the organizer. This just seems like a great idea for those still reluctant to get started.If you have questions, visit the thread and contact @"Kixri.4078" in game or via Reddit.

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:I only just finished path and missed out... will this be on in July as well?

Yes

On Sunday May 5th at 5:00 PM EST, Kixri will be leading [their] Monthly Griffon Collection Train ... through all of the Path of Fire maps (NA). ... Griffon Roosts, Eggs, Legendary Corrupted Facet and Shadi’s Equipment Collection. No Hearts, we only do Events if they fit into the time frame of the run. This Train will be hosted on the first Monday of every month so if you are not yet ready to fly the skies don't worry! Next run: June 3rd 9:30PMEST

• 4 weeks later...

@Leger.3724 said:Do you get many of the additional open world events done? I know the Facet is difficult without a group but it seems each region has at least one open world event whether it's a legendary boss or something else.

Good question. At least it is not clear to me from the original post. I sadly missed last month after all because I miscalculated for my time zone (doh!). I have done all of the hearts and collected from griffin roosts marked on the map but don’t have most of the other events done. I do plan to join tonight. :)

EDIT: Yes, we did the events and mastery collection to get the runes — everything but the hearts.