Can we talk about Rune of Earth and why it’s so bad?

@Koen.1327 said:rune of sanctuary doesnt work with everythingrune of earth was nerfed because it was hands down best rune of personal sustain, now rune choice is more divers so i'd keep it like this

Rune choices? Diverse? Where? People still run the same set of runes once earth got nerfed. More than half of the runes are garbage, and the rest are barely functional because of the sole fact they fill in a particular role where the class can't cover it themselves.

The only runes that are decent:StrengthHoelbrakTravelerScholarScavengerMonkBalthazarLeadership

Ah man, such diversity when you break the classes down further between power, condi, and support/tank.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Koen.1327 said:rune of sanctuary doesnt work with everythingrune of earth was nerfed because it was hands down best rune of personal sustain, now rune choice is more divers so i'd keep it like this

Rune choices? Diverse? Where? People still run the same set of runes once earth got nerfed. More than half of the runes are garbage, and the rest are barely functional because of the sole fact they fill in a particular role where the class can't cover it themselves.

The only runes that are decent:StrengthHoelbrakTravelerScholarScavengerMonkBalthazarLeadership

Ah man, such diversity when you break the classes down further between power, condi, and support/tank.

Rune choice depends on the spec. Some specs use the more niche runes to pull off some interesting builds. Don't speak in such general terms.

Actually it does work with nearly everything. Every source of healing I know of...even lifesteal, will give you 20% of it in barrier.

One can argue that healing is better than barriers... but not by a significant margin...10 or 15% seems okay to me but 5% is just too darn low.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

Let's just ignore Eagle, Infiltration, Lynx, Flock, Nightmare, Brawler, Sanctuary ofc, .. just to name a few of the top of my head, depending on your class and build ofc but I guess that's obvious.I guess most Runes are just not utilizes because they aren't used in any current meta build online so ppl don't look into them. I for example use Vampirism atm and it works very well with my current build.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

ye, first for sustain sidenoders the rune of choice was earth and now you have multiple choices, seems more diverse to mebtw there are more decent rune choices not to forget that hoelbrak and scavenger are total trash

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Actually it does work with nearly everything. Every source of healing I know of...even lifesteal, will give you 20% of it in barrier.

One can argue that healing is better than barriers... but not by a significant margin...10 or 15% seems okay to me but 5% is just too darn low.

works with direct healing, but not with passive healing like healing signet or rugged growth, therefor it was never a choice for spellbreaker or soulbeast for example.

@Koen.1327 said:

works with direct healing, but not with passive healing like healing signet or rugged growth, therefor it was never a choice for spellbreaker or soulbeast for example.A comment of someone who never played before rune was nerfed :joy:

@praqtos.9035 said:

works with direct healing, but not with passive healing like healing signet or rugged growth, therefor it was never a choice for spellbreaker or soulbeast for example.A comment of someone who never played before rune was nerfed :joy:

could you elaborate? i never played before what was nerfed?not sure if you quoted the right part or even person but what you quoted is 100% correct

@Koen.1327 said:

could you elaborate? i never played before what was nerfed?not sure if you quoted the right part or even person but what you quoted is 100% correct

you got magnetic aura and protection for 4 secs after being struck on 60 sec cd

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

ye but i was all i was saying is that rune of sanctuary doesn't work with healing signet or rugged growth passive healingsanctuary was never competitive with earth and not because earth just had magnetic aura on it

@Koen.1327 said:

ye but i was all i was saying is that rune of sanctuary doesn't work with healing signet or rugged growth passive healingExactly what I quoted, every soulboon/spellbreaker did play rune of earth,even mirage did. Magnetic aura was stupid and sometimes saved ppl who supposed to 100% die and protection duration increase.

@praqtos.9035 said:

ye but i was all i was saying is that rune of sanctuary doesn't work with healing signet or rugged growth passive healingExactly what I quoted, every soulboon/spellbreaker did play rune of earth,even mirage did. Magnetic aura was stupid and sometimes saved ppl who supposed to 100% die and protection duration increase.

right, i know - i said earth was indeed the best for sustain for sidenoders and it shouldn't be buffedi play this game longer than 6 months not sure why you said i didnt

@Koen.1327 said:

right, i know - i said earth was indeed the best for sustain for sidenoders and it shouldn't be buffedi play this game longer than 6 months not sure why you said i didnt

Did I miss read or something? Isnt you said its never been a choice for slb/spb? Because it was

@praqtos.9035 said:

Did I miss read or something? Isnt you said its never been a choice for slb/spb? Because it was

He was talking about sanctuary...

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

Eagle isnt bad either.

Edit: nvm read more posts and its covered.