Mar 5 - April 23 - Pvp patch coming soon? Preview?

First, I would not call last balance patch "big" by any stretch.

Second, it does not seem that a balance patch is coming. And man I just realized last balance patch with 4/23/19. Anet taking it really slow.

Third, would the preview really matter? It is not like Anet are soliciting feedback.

Forth, would the patch really matter? Cuz outside of pushing core guardian and mirage out (of which neither was a top build to begin with) and introducing scrapper in a mega broken stat, Anet has done close to zero impactful changes in close to a year now. You think this would change with next patch?

I dunno what changed with Anet balance team, but their performance, for close to a year now, has been abysmal.

@"otto.5684" said:First, I would not call last balance patch "big" by any stretch.

Second, it does not seem that a balance patch is coming. And man I just realized last balance patch with 4/23/19. Anet taking it really slow.

Third, would the preview really matter? It is not like Anet are soliciting feedback.

Forth, would the patch really matter? Cuz outside of pushing core guardian and mirage out (of which neither was a top build to begin with) and introducing scrapper in a mega broken stat, Anet has done close to zero impactful changes in close to a year now. You think this would change with next patch?

I dunno what changed with Anet balance team, but their performance, for close to a year now, has been abysmal.

Yeah, the dates for the patches I was talking about are in the title.

April put the last nail or 2 into druid's coffin.

I feel like the same goes for daredevil.

That whole tradeoff concept intrigues me and I just hoped to see what other specs were going to be put to death.

last balance patch dropped exactly mid season last time. (= When "minimum match requirement" for the leaderbord went from 45 to 60).So I would assume the next one to drop quite soon as well....if not tomorrow already.

I wouldn't count on future "previews" tho.Retrospectively I believe it was a one-off "PR-gag" to please the masses, since at the time people already started calling Anet out on their lack of communication.

Like when people were complaining about lack of attention towards the competitive modes.Then they announced Swiss ATs and Alliances .....and that has been over a year ago.

Incoming balance patch prediction:

Class Balance:

• Spellbreaker - Increased damage output of all weapon skills. All attacks made by a Spellbreaker now apply 1s of Daze.
  • Firebrand - Merciful Intervention is now a 3 ammo skill and casts Shocking Aura upon use.
  • Herald - Unrelenting Assault no longer costs energy. Superspeed buff has been made a baseline effect for selecting Herald.
  • Engineer - All possible boons will pulse a 1s duration every 1s, as a new baseline effect for selecting Engineer. Healing Turret is now also a stun break.
  • Daredevil - Will now take double damage as a trade off for selecting the specialization. We feel this better reflects the choice to be a daredevil.
  • Druid - Druids can no longer use pets. The pets will be replaced with an infusion like aura around the Druid that will display leaves blowing in the wind. Celestial Avatar cool down increased to 30s.
  • Saltbeast - Sic Em is now a 2 ammo skill, with a 15s cool down per charge.
  • Necromancer - The effects of Transfusion have been made baseline for Necromancer. Transfusion has been replaced with Dynamic Duo: Incoming damage reduced by 50% for Necromancers and Guardians when they stand within 600 range of each other.
  • Chronomancer - Continuum Split now sends out 2000 ping lag spikes to any opponents within 1500 range of the Chronomancer. A new phantasm will summon itself once every 3s while in combat, and that phantasm will summon other random phantasms. This is in addition to the normal clones/phantasms summoned by the Chronomancer. Clone limit increased to 10.
  • Mirage - Permanent stealth was given as a baseline for selecting Mirage. Players must now hit the Mirage with a reveal skill to be able to see and target the Mirage. Damage for Mirage was reduced by 50% around the board, and Jaunt was removed from the game.
  • Elementalist - What's an Ele?

Other Changes:

• Beta Djinn Map is now the only selectable map in unranked.

I got u fam:

Warrior: Reduced GS auto attack damage by 1%, rampage auto attacks now daze their targetGuardian: Randomly buffed DH skills, Firebrand axe condi duration increased by 10%Revenant: Increased Sword offhand damage by 10%, Staff 4 now only heals and doesn't remove conditions.Ranger: Dolyak stance now grants resistance in addition to its current effectsThief: No changesEngineer: Elixers now all grant 2s of stability upon useNecromancer: New passive adept in curses makes the class automatically cast shade/shroud skills while below 50% hpElementalist: Reduced count recharge of twist of fate by 20%.Mesmer: Mind wack now has a 10% chance to reset the cooldown of distortion

@"otto.5684" said:First, I would not call last balance patch "big" by any stretch.

Has anyone forgot that there was like a huge layoff recently at Anet? & you wonder why things are slow? Really?

T> @Vieux P.1238 said:

Has anyone forgot that there was like a huge layoff recently at Anet? & you wonder why things are slow? Really?

As far as the information that was floating around, this did not impact the balance team (and most development teams). It happened 4 month ago. I am talking about a period of at least 12 month. Regardless, delays can be excused. There is no excuse for mediocrity.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:I got u fam:

Warrior: Reduced GS auto attack damage by 1%, rampage auto attacks now daze their target

Excuse me, but Rampage auto-attack already does daze a target. T.T

But that's only on uppercut. Rampage is underpowered and clearly needs it on each hit.

True. Could use more CC to make up for its low dmg.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:I got u fam:

Warrior: Reduced GS auto attack damage by 1%, rampage auto attacks now daze their targetGuardian: Randomly buffed DH skills, Firebrand axe condi duration increased by 10%Revenant: Increased Sword offhand damage by 10%, Staff 4 now only heals and doesn't remove conditions.Ranger: Dolyak stance now grants resistance in addition to its current effectsThief: No changesEngineer: Elixers now all grant 2s of stability upon useNecromancer: New passive adept in curses makes the class automatically cast shade/shroud skills while below 50% hpElementalist: Reduced count recharge of twist of fate by 20%.Mesmer: Mind wack now has a 10% chance to reset the cooldown of distortion

This must be fake news. No nerfs to thief is just too unlikely. More like:"S/D sees too much use in competitive game modes and we have even observed some S/P play recently. We've figured Infiltrator's Strike is overperforming in the current meta and adjusted some numbers. Mobility was also slightly overtuned which allowed thief to avoid fights at will.

• Increased initiative cost of Infiltrator's Strike by 2 and Infiltrator's Return by 1. Added an (additional) cast time of 1/4 second and removed Swiftness and the condition removal respectively.
  • Removed evades on every weapon slot #3 attack since thief had too much access to evades.
  • Reduced the range of Infiltrator's Strike/Infiltrator's Return, Shadow Step/Shadow Return and Shadow Shot by 300 to be more inline with Swipe. Also reduced range of Infiltrator's Arrow to 600 and corrected the tooltip which now mentions the intended 50% rate of the "no valid path"-effect.
  • Removed unblockable from Swipe and reduced range further to 450, since we figured it wasn't enough of a tradeoff yet.
  • Slightly increased the passive initiative regeneration (roughly 5,999% repeating) but every autoattack now costs 1 initiative.
  • Reverted some changes to daggerstorm from 2017 and increased the duration from 4 to 8s again while keeping the projectile fire rate. While casting Dagger Storm thief is now fully susceptible to all CC instead of the inofficial 25% rate like previously and incoming condition damage, retaliation and hostile AoE field have an increased effectiveness of +50%.
  • Runes in competitive game modes are only stackable to the 5th effect, the 6th now gets ignored when playing thief.
  • To allow for more build diversity Twisting Fangs and Repeater now cost 1 initiative less and inflict 1 (additional) stack of bleeding.