[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Build templates (switching gears, traits and also things like ranger pets), please. Make it work seamlessly with game modes (open world, fractals, pvp, wvw). It would be single most important feature to increase my quality of life.

I would really like to experiment builds, but it is very laborous and expensive before you have legendary items. Could this be eased even a little bit? Some suggestions:

• We have Ascended quality legendary pieces. How about adding much cheaper e.g. Rare quality legendary pieces (armor, weapons, trinkets) to the game, for making test builds? That is, rare quality pieces that you can stat change "on the fly", with ability to drop off runes (for switching them). Of course, it wouldn't hurt to have infusion slots in them, so you could try out them in fractals, but that is not mandatory.

• If not that, could we have some sort of mechanics to "merge" stats to pieces (armor, weapons, trinkets)? For example, if you are using e.g. Exotic or Ascended Berserker pieces, but you would like to try out something else (e.g. Marauder, Valkyrie), instead of crafting new armor piece, you would craft "stat merge device" (same cost or maybe slightly more expensive than actual armor), and apply it to existing piece. After that, you could switch between these merged stats "on the fly". Sort of "poor man's legendary"

• It could of course work so that you first create "mergable base piece", which comes without stats, and then start creating devices that add chosen stats to those pieces. Would not need to be Ascended quality (wouldn't hurt either), but again, it would be nice to have infusion slots to put some AR for fractal testing.

• This "mergable piece" could have same mechanism as legendary, so that you could drop off runes/sigils from that, for changing them. It wouldn't hurt to be able to drop off infusions, too, but that's not mandatory.

• Crafting first statless "mergable piece" would probably be more convenient way to implement this. We might use Mystic Forge to merge stats to the base piece: put base piece, "merge device" and piece having the stats you want to merge to Mystic Forge. Or, maybe: base piece, merge device and inscription/insignia to add chosen stats to base piece.

Some other possible suggestions:

• Faction (Vigils, Priory, Whisper) visible in login screen. This has been asked a lot, I think. It wouldn't hurt to have some other additional character information, too.

• Organize character slots better. Single list gets tedious with many characters. Make it something like 3 x 5 bar, or so, that you could pick the character more quickly.

@"TamX.1870" said:Build templates (switching gears, traits and also things like ranger pets), please. Make it work seamlessly with game modes (open world, fractals, pvp, wvw). It would be single most important feature to increase my quality of life.

I would really like to experiment builds, but it is very laborous and expensive before you have legendary items. Could this be eased even a little bit? Some suggestions:

• We have Ascended quality legendary pieces. How about adding much cheaper e.g. Rare quality legendary pieces (armor, weapons, trinkets) to the game, for making test builds? That is, rare quality pieces that you can stat change "on the fly", with ability to drop off runes (for switching them). Of course, it wouldn't hurt to have infusion slots in them, so you could try out them in fractals, but that is not mandatory.

• If not that, could we have some sort of mechanics to "merge" stats to pieces (armor, weapons, trinkets)? For example, if you are using e.g. Exotic or Ascended Berserker pieces, but you would like to try out something else (e.g. Marauder, Valkyrie), instead of crafting new armor piece, you would craft "stat merge device" (same cost or maybe slightly more expensive than actual armor), and apply it to existing piece. After that, you could switch between these merged stats "on the fly". Sort of "poor man's legendary"

This could be like the trial section you get when you have an instant 80 boost.

Put the character into a zone either as open or instanced and allow stat change on armor, weapons, trinkets, and back items (including underwater gear). Allowing a selection of open zone would let players build characters based on working with other players. Instanced will allow players to focus on specific testing.

Whatever would be chosen though should definitely include underwater items and combat.

This could also be an excellent training area for users on things like break bars.

Some other possible suggestions:

• Faction (Vigils, Priory, Whisper) visible in login screen. This has been asked a lot, I think. It wouldn't hurt to have some other additional character information, too.

• Organize character slots better. Single list gets tedious with many characters. Make it something like 3 x 5 bar, or so, that you could pick the character more quickly.

Yes to both of these. PLEASE let us have some options for what we can view on the character select screen so those of us who want a lot of data to determine who to play will not negatively impact those that love the minimalist selection of character name, level, location, and professions only.

I would love to see things like:

• what level each profession on the character is at
  • if they are geared with visual effect items
  • how many bag slots are available/used
  • if there are any world zone maps open/complete
  • which faction the character chose
  • which story level the character is at
  • If the character is geared all at ascended, legendary, or exotic level items
  • a whole lot more but this list is getting too long for this post

I would also love options for character screen layout. by played hours, world complete, faction, active guild, general grid, alphabetical, class, race, etc.

I would like it if we had an option so that the boons and conditions we received appeared in the opposite order above our utility skills.

Currently, everytime a new one is received, its icon appears on the left and pushes all of the others to the right, making it extremely difficult in some cases to read and learn what it does or even ping it. It is especially true in combat when we're trying to see what a specific effect does, and it's constantly being pushed out of our mouse cursor because others effects are constantly applied and removed all the time.

If they appeared in the opposite order, the older, longer-lasting effects would appear on the very left and stay there, while the newer, shorter-lasting ones would stack on the right one by one without affecting the position of the previous ones. We could read them without their icons being pushed away by new buffs or debuffs.

give anyone who has a permanent repair kit, the current market price in gold to that person... and delete repairing from the game...it isn't fun and I dont personally know any one who enjoys the time wasted over repairing..

sure youll have those derps who say ' it only takes 1 sec '

im thinking in your lifetime you've wasted more time than you had to because of digital pixels losing durability.

should we talk more about the amount of fun per time given in this example?

anyone highly against it screaming that they want to keep repairs in the game? anyone? .... remove it ....

quality of life change that you wont see in gw2. why?

@Zadok.3279 said:give anyone who has a permanent repair kit, the current market price in gold to that person... and delete repairing from the game...it isn't fun and I dont personally know any one who enjoys the time wasted over repairing..

sure youll have those derps who say ' it only takes 1 sec '

im thinking in your lifetime you've wasted more time than you had to because of digital pixels losing durability.

should we talk more about the amount of fun per time given in this example?

anyone highly against it screaming that they want to keep repairs in the game? anyone? .... remove it ....

quality of life change that you wont see in gw2. why?

The reason they aren't removing the durability system entirely is because of people who purchased single-use repair kits. These purchases would instantly become obsolete.

This actually makes me think about an dea I had a while ago:What if we took all of these single-use utility things, removed them from the gemstore entirely, and instead distributed them to different crafting professions? The armorsmiths for all armor types would for example be the ones to craft Instant Repair Canisters, and could sell them on the TP. It could make all professions equally relevant if they each produced repair canisters that only work for their specific armor type.Merchants express, bank access and others things could be crafted by others professions, so that each of them ends up with a consumable that is relevant and useful and that constantly needs to be replenished. This would be a really nice boost to the economy depending on what materials are necessary for these different things.

Bonus point if all of these consumables had a special status that allowed them to be instantly delivered without being near a trading post: There would be an interface and when you'd want to do something that requires one of these consumables, it would instead display their current price and you could just pay it to benefit from its effects. So for example you wouldn't need to constantly carry bank accesses with you: You could just clic somewhere and if the price of that item is, lets say, 50 silvers at the time, you could just pay those 50 silvers and get instant access to your bank.

@Warlord.9082 said:Portals:

• Item that allows you to bind all the passes (like for example Royal Terrace Pass andd Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey) into a single item like the Season 3 and 4 Portal Tomes do
  • Extendable item that allows you to create your own places that you can portal to. You'd first have to visit the spot and then you can commit it to the item and give the spot a name. Then you can travel to them like you would with the Season 3/4 Portal Tomes
  • Extension of Home Portal Stone to allow selection of which Home Instance you go to

Home Instance:

• 3rd home instance Black Lion Gardening Spot (there's 3 spots in every Home Instance and you are only giving us 2? Why?)
  • Item that allows you to upgrade all your Home Instance nodes to Rich versions (including trees, plants, map currency, etc)
  • Access pass that I can give out to friends that allows them to enter my home instance (great idea by phs.6089)
  • More Black Lion Hunters Board teams

Storage:

• New Shared Inventory cap of 40
  • New Bank Tab cap of 25
  • New Material Storage cap of 10000
  • Bauble Bubbles and Baubles should get their own Material Storage spots
  • Material Storage for Gem Store Boosters (Heroic Boosters for example), the Expresses (like Merchant Express) and Experience Scrolls

Gathering Tools:

• Shared Gathering Tool Slot so you dont constantly have to go through the hassle of swapping them over
  • Allowing for multiple glyphs to be used on gathering tools

I would also like to add to this:

I want a Dragon Pinata Home Instance Node.

Different tiered difficulty for instances such as Dungeons, Fractals, RaidsDifficulties can be

1. Easy
  2. Normal
  3. Hard
  4. HellWhere the rewards returned scale based of difficulty. This would bring players back (As this has been asked for many times) as well as add more repeatability to the game play. Will also give people that want challenging content and want to test there mechanics a place/gamemode to do so and get rewarded for being good at the game.Testing access to this new feature can be given to those that have completed high end fractals/raids as they have experience in the 'Hard content' GW2 has to offer and can ensure it is up to standard difficulty wise.

@Plexxing.2978 said:I'd like to have my selected pve mount to remain what I chose in pve rather than switching to Warclaw when I exit wvw.

This is definitely needed. There is a work around you can use until they get this fixed. Bind mount/unmount to specific keys for each mount. You may only need to bind two mounts.... I had already been binding the first 6. Once I bound warclaw it no longer swapped up when going to PVE.

Can you ( please!!! ) do something about offensive mount abilities and Soulbest's Beast mode?Each time when i use offensive dismount, Beastmode disengages. If i use simple dismount, if Beastmode was active before mount use, it reactivates normally.

I am a Soulbeast with my Ranger in Open World PvE, and it's really annoying to always have a cooldown on Beastmode, that appears after using mount attack. I really prefer Open World with Soulbeast while Beastmode always active, less agro from mobs on pet.

p.s. as for Open World PvE you cad add 'automatic activation of beastmode' setting in options ( situations: dismount, offensive dismount, ground-water change, log-in, map change ). There are no ccompetitive sides in Open World PvE anyway.

It would be lovely if the Leap of Faith mastery ability transitioned seamlessly to gliding (for those with gliding mastery). Maybe I just don’t have the timing down yet, but I feel that I always lose more height than I should, either transitioning too early or too late. I think that if you haven’t landed after leap of faith that gliding should be activated automatically. I think it’s lovely to have masteries and expansions synergies. :)

Sadly, my first post is to say ANet, unacceptable! OP Requiest.3628Requiest.3628 ✭ October 7, 2017OCTOBER 2017... IT IS JULY 2019... HOLY WOW, WTF!

Blocks part of my screen for weaver so if I had to click, I could not, and blocks the view of the countdown.I have bought both the expansions, and paid for all the Seasons, currently on LW Season 2 on my main trying to complete storyline.Started a 80 just to get the mount...So not sure if that helpsVery aggravating and disappointed!

Dynamic, flashing lifebars!

I remember seeing them on one of the PoF demos prior to release. I believe it was showing off the first part of the story mission, and every time the PC attacked a mob, their lifebar would flash yellow and dissipate according to damage taken. It was such a small change but it REALLY made the hits feel more impactful! Why was this change discarded? I think it would be a great addition. Even if it only showed up on critical hits or something. Especially if you have high ferocity and low precision, it would feel so impactful to see that massive hit flash on the lifebar and dissipate 30% of the mob's health XD.

Are there any plans to implement this feature?

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Over time, we've seen a lot of good QoL suggestions on the forums. It seems to be it'd be good to have a regular sticky post -- yes, yes, I know, we already have too many stickies! ;) -- so that these can be better seen, added to, commented upon, and so forth.

So here's the official QoL suggestion thread. I will try to merge in previous threads on the topic of Quality of Life, but if you see any I missed, could you please PM me to let me know?

Thanks!

• Early game bug fixes, including those that affect waypoint unlocks when enemies get stuck in walls (Straits of Devastation for example).
  • An option to change cursor size/colour/glow or confirm for us that we are allowed to use a third party option to change our mouse cursor so it is easier to see in the total screen clusterpoop of massive battles.

@Aeon.4583 said:Can you ( please!!! ) do something about offensive mount abilities and Soulbest's Beast mode?Each time when i use offensive dismount, Beastmode disengages. If i use simple dismount, if Beastmode was active before mount use, it reactivates normally.

I am a Soulbeast with my Ranger in Open World PvE, and it's really annoying to always have a cooldown on Beastmode, that appears after using mount attack. I really prefer Open World with Soulbeast while Beastmode always active, less agro from mobs on pet.

p.s. as for Open World PvE you cad add 'automatic activation of beastmode' setting in options ( situations: dismount, offensive dismount, ground-water change, log-in, map change ). There are no ccompetitive sides in Open World PvE anyway.

There is also an issue of frequent mount/unmount keeping the ranger pet in stowed mode. It also doesn't seem to come up on conflict when stuck like this. I really want to submit a bug report, but when I notice i am already in combat and dropping fast so I cannot screen shot.

Also, elementalist minions (summoned elementals) disappear in mount and do not come back but the skill cool down doesn't adjust. That should be fixed as well.

Quality of Life and Features wish list:

1. Guilda. Allow guild leaders no restrictions on whispers to guildies. More or better communication options for guild leaders, maybe unlocked through guild ranks?b. More music obtainable for guild hall. GW has so much amazing music. MOX was the right direction, more please.c. Guild related achievements. Maybe they open new perks/rewards/titles.d. New and broader rotations for guild missions. (This IS Guild Wars after all).e. Fix the mapping issue where we have to switch maps in the guild hall every time there’s more than 5 people please. I’m sure there’s some roadblock that comes from the map design; just thought I’d mention it.f. More Guild hall themes including Racial. Maybe tie it into achievements?g. I don’t think guild members should have to own HoT to use the guild vendors.h. Add comments feature so GL and officers can make notes.i. Add date joined.j. Wider variety of symbols for ranks.k. More color options for guild emblem.
  2. Craftinga. Reconcile the crafting and item ranks, Novice, Master, etc. with the crafting and item levels 125, 175, etc.b. More specific sort options (related to problem from item [2a] above). I should be able to sort for levels/ranks.c. Improve collapse/expand abilities within the sort function.d. More complexity to crafting recipes that include a broader range of materials from different levels.e. More crafting achievements.
  3. Achievementsa. When this feature released, I had already gotten almost everything in core Tyria. The problem as a guild leader, sometimes new players will ask me where to get masteries or certain titles. I have no idea, because no information is retained on the achievement except that it’s complete. Date and rewards earned would be nice. I say that understanding that would be a huge increase on data storage requirements for the game. This is a wish list.b. Every armor and weapon set in the game should have an achievement.c. Track which paths have been completed for dungeon master achievement.d. Allow the rewards shown for next achievement chests to be scrollable so new players can look ahead.e. Event completion related achievements and titles by map in core Tyria.f. Account meta achievements like: map completion on every race/class?
  4. Dungeonsa. In addition to explorable add hard mode and insanity modes with achievements and titles.b. The above [a] would allow for new dungeon armor/weapon sets. Maybe upgradable; those and the existing sets. Maybe trinket related items like what was done with the rings for unlocking all the gear.c. Guild related rewards unlocked by all-guild-groups doing specific dungeons (and/or fractals).
  5. Fractalsa. Apart from adding guild related titles/rewards and the issue mentioned in [3a]; I love them, don’t change a thing.
  6. PVPa. Replace the pie chart with a breakdown by class, character, and stats.b. Some bags can’t be opened in the lobby, sort of annoying.
  7. WVWa. Please implement the design you’ve been talking about where you’re placed with guildies instead of your server.
  8. Outfits/Wardrobea. Some items like outfits, their color fields don’t make sense or are inconsistent.b. Dyable weapons and backpacks?
  9. Wardrobe taba. On hover, show where/how it can be obtained.
  10. Raidsa. See [3a].
  11. Mapsa. Lower the Karma price of racial weapon sets and/or [3b].b. See [3e].
  12. Jumping puzzlesa. Issue from [3a].b. Add JP frequenter achievement like we have for dungeons. Maybe based on difficulty of the JP.
  13. Currenciesa. Add currency exchanges for cross expansion/dungeon/fractal currencies for other currencies or even gold/karma (gems?). Could be something unlocked when you complete certain content? A lot of games forget how to reward veteran players and they leave them sitting there with piles of currencies they’ll never use and could be exchanged for something they need.
  14. Storya. Add story achievements to personal story.
  15. Cutscenesa. Add some means of replaying story conversations/cutscenes outside of having to replay the story? Including the one that plays from when you create your character.

Issues that make revenant weak in PvP per my opinion are as follows. The 1 sec shackling wave wind up timer was a mistake. It just takes too long and so many other classes do not have to wait that long for a spell to occur. Why change that? Burst of strength graphic wind up is too slow and seems to waste 1 second of the 5 seconds you get to increased dmg? Why? Rev are weak enough as it is, so many classes are one shot'n us or close to it and yet, were supposed to be high dmg and now other classes are tankier and more dmg like soul beast.. who is actually spending time playing a rev over there to see how its just getting worse. Spell use some spells in glint, if you click them more then twice, they dont even go off, or lag etc.. Like if you spam on the facet of elements 1 time, then twice after it sometimes doesnt work at all as if, if you press it a third time it resets? Then as well in all modes, if you stack on skills like in shiro, if you hit two kinda fast, only one works... then as well with shiro, most of the skills drain almost all of the energy down... what is that all about? We are kinda weak as it is and shiro has become kinda useless when if you jade freeze there is nothing to do after that unless you can switch stance and bomb with another stance. if you cant switch all you can do is auto attack for like 5 seconds until energy is back. Ive posted on this so many times that all the other classes are getting huge buffs and rev just gets weaker, if anything, they need more toughness and vitality as even a good scrapper can kill rev now. Is anyone actually testing what these changes do beyond making sure it doesnt crash the game? Do you actually test these things in combat for awhile to see if its somewhat balanced? Rev is my favorite and its just getting to be so bad as everyone else is getting more powerful, rev changes are just fails, sorry but its true. You should remove the 1 second delay on shackling wave, give more toughness and vitality. Fix energy on shiro and test how the spells drop as again, the skills act funny if you press them spam like. If you press a skill it should go off, even if you tap it 3 times and it takes 2 taps, the 2 should make it happen, not reset it.. This is only part of the problems but its most of the big ones. I cant think of a class that a rev can 1v1 anymore unless everything is done absolutely perfect every single time, dodges included. Tweak the rev and mind my words. Pay attention and test the stuff in PVP against plat players and youll see the weakness.

Casual Duels . . let us duel each other in PVE areas! Lion's Arch/dome specially where we have to wait for sh*t. Players should be able to request a duel 1v1 and be defeated (without being killed) . . like when hp reaches 1, duel is over. I know this from a old chinese MMO called Talisman Online . . it is fun and raises competition!!!!

A way to have the food etc you are using, say for wvw available on screen (maybe by skills) rather than having to keep going to your invent to replenish it. Yes i know there are things available to increase food/utility timeA bit like the menu for the toys but showing the food so you can click on it.rambles stop

Decouple all dungeon entrances from the surrounding metas. It's great that Arah apparently doesn't need the meta around it to succeed in order to be accessible but Citadel of Flame for example has a meta that can lock it up still which makes the daily take more than twice the time otherwise.

Here are a few things I have in my mind fur now:

• When we turn the option "Show All Players Names" Mesmer clones/phantasms are also included, it would be nice if they could be removed from that category.

• Converters, it is possible to change all converters to have a merchant UI? Merchant UI is more convenient because it automatically uses stuff from our storage/bank and we don't need to click multiples times.

• I am not sure if this one is a QoL but, the hotkey "Snap Ground Target" (not Toggle) sometimes get stuck making it active always, not sure what is the cause, but when it happens I have to manually go in the options and uncheck the "Snap Ground Target to Current Target" box. I believe it is a bug.

If I find something else I'll post here again.

A feature that i found in other games which I'm missing very much in this one is the ability of linking another characters name in the chat. You can link items with shift-l-click, why not charcters too?? Like in

'Ask the [Developer] about that'

This feature would save us a lot of typing and would as well eliminate the frequent typos made there. Making it easier to reach out to other people would be a good thing IMO