What to play and what not to play

This is my personal opinion based on my personal experience. I will give a list of classes (based on player's skill level) i like/dislike playing with/against regarding how good/bad they perform.

If you have very fast reaction speed and good skills, then play these:1) Holosmith (power) - infinite sustain, infinite condition denial, one of the highest burst in the game, tons of CC, good mobility, high utility and versatility;2) Soulbeast (power) - even higher sustain than holosmith, decent condition denial, almost highest burst in the game, good amount of CC, high mobility, high versatility, can 1shot people from stealth;3) Mirage/Chronomancer (power) - decent sustain, lots of damage denial, the highest burst in the game, decent amount of CC, high mobility, high utility and versatility;4) Mirage/Chronomancer (condition) - decent sustain, lots of burst denial, high condition application, good amount of CC, very high mobility, high utility;5) Weaver (any) - very high sustain, high damage denial, high burst, good amount of CC, high mobility, high utility and versatility;6) Tempest (support) - unkillable, high mobility, very high utility and good versatility;7) Herald (power) - high sustain, high burst (some people even claim it to be the highest in the game), good mobility, high utility and decent versatility;8) Firebrand - unkillable, highest utility in the game and high versatility;9) Spellbreaker (power) - high sustain, high damage denial, lots of condition denial, high burst, high amount of CC, high mobility, good versatility;10) Deadeye (power) - almost highest burst in the game, decent amount of CC, highest mobility in the game, high versatility, can 1shot people from stealth.(P.S. with good skills you can essentially play anything and perform very good)

If you are new player or just don't have good skills, then play these as these classes do not require good skills to at least do something:1) Holosmith (power);2) Spellbreaker (power);3) Soulbeast (power);4) Dragonhunter (power);5) Tempest (support).

If you are new player or just don't have good skills, then don't play these as these classes require good skills or are just bad classes on general:1) Necromancer (any);2) Weaver (any)3) Mesmer (any)4) Thief (any)5) Revenant (any)

1. Battlefield 1 for its amazing PvP content with full servers.
  2. League of Legends for its special rotation pvp game mode and no ragers/unfair matches and 10s match making.
  3. Guild Wars 2 ranked for its... for all of what the OP stated.

And yet I still I love Guild Wars 2 the most.. for now ?