Guardian Greatsword Rework

Diviora.9548

@InsaneQR.7412 said:GS has so many spins to proc burning on judgment passive.Its great for PvE dmg. Not all weapons need to be PvP oriented.Some have utility. Some give consistent dmg, some give burst and some are control oriented.Making all the same isn't really helping diversity.

Good points here ... in the end it comes down to choice. If the OP wants to experience something that's less like Guardian GS2 and more like Warrior GS2 ... he can ... WITHOUT petitioning Anet to 'fix' it.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:GS has so many spins to proc burning on judgment passive.Its great for PvE dmg. Not all weapons need to be PvP oriented.Some have utility. Some give consistent dmg, some give burst and some are control oriented.Making all the same isn't really helping diversity.

Unrelated to the OP, GS is also guardians best weapon in PvP if you are power playing dps.

• 1 month later...

@Diviora.9548 said:

@Diviora.9548 said:Because its outdated spell and everyone (PVP) can see the animation and dodge it thats why

Actually core guard rely on this specific skill and god knows it works super well. You just don't know how to play GS effectively (no offense)

i know how it works i play with core guard in plat 2 and it sux "wokrs super well" in silver and gold but in plat vs better players its not good this is the change that core guards need to be able to be competitive in high rate games !

GS 2 has no issues at all in any game. And GS in general does not either. Guardian has significant issues, but GS is not an issue.

Before RI nerf core guardian with GS was performing well.

Gs second ability is outdated and need to be change the other abilitys are good i will give you example in league of legends old champions cant beat newer champs same thing here old spec cant beat newer elite specs and need changes to be up to date with everyone instan damage from second Gs spell is needed ! sorry for my bad english

Stop comparing the two they are intentionally not the same, the reason base Arc Divider is one attack is because it requires bars of adrenaline which have to be built to use, Whirling Wrath does not, it's literally just hitting 2.

Also as other people have stated pvp does NOT need more 1 shot mechanics, guards are already bursty enough.

@Diviora.9548 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:What does that even mean? Sounds to me like GS guard counter is just people playing ... smart. There isn't a problem with that. That is exactly how PVP should work.

For the very reason you talk about what benefit GS2 would have from instacast is THE reason it shouldn't be changed to instacast.

So PVP is every spec counter GS guard what ? and "There isn't a problem with that. That is exactly how PVP should work. "and instant cast is needed for GS 2 bc GS dont counter anything even if we get instan cast probably not change much you dont know how PVP workbasically you are saying its ok guards to be kitten and get kitten and not have working weapons for damage its ok to be kitten are you seriously????????????compare to other specs this instan damage is nothing you clearly dont play high rate GS guard you dont know what you are talking about go spam to someone else post !

If I could understand any of this gibberish I'd respond but I will say you need to chill, this is an open forum and everyone gets to talk not just people who agree with you. Also stop trying to flex your supposed rank, it has zero weight.

@Edge.8724 said:

@Justine.6351 said:I don't play guardian much but I think it could use aegis on the leap skill.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:whirling wrath is kitten. the projectiles need to go and that damage should be put on the main spin part.

These would be the only changes Guardian's greatsword could need, in my opinion.

Thing is, both those changes would reduce Guardian's utility in a group setting.

I would love an additional source of Aegis as I prefer to play Core Guard, but the blind means the target will miss anyone it attacks, vs. only you would benefit from the block.

Whirling Wrath isn't meant to just be used whenever - you are supposed to combo it in a field. Normally that would be a light field (generated by your scepter or GS4) so those projectiles now turn into Cleansing Bolts for your allies (and you proc a heal for yourself).

But combo in a Fire field to set the target ablaze for a DPS boost.Ice field for chillSmoke field for blindDark field for life stealetc.

Guardian is described as a DPS that supports their allies. Now maybe in a 1v1 that doesn't mean as much, but Guardian exists in PvE as well.

Nothing wrong with expressing a dislike for GS on Guardian, but I do not agree that there is anything wrong with it - one of the best balanced weapons in the game imo (I'm a Guard main though, so bias).

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Justine.6351 said:I don't play guardian much but I think it could use aegis on the leap skill.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:whirling wrath is kitten. the projectiles need to go and that damage should be put on the main spin part.

These would be the only changes Guardian's greatsword could need, in my opinion.

Thing is, both those changes would reduce Guardian's utility in a group setting.

I would love an additional source of Aegis as I prefer to play Core Guard, but the blind means the target will miss anyone it attacks, vs. only you would benefit from the block.

Whirling Wrath isn't meant to just be used whenever - you are supposed to combo it in a field. Normally that would be a light field (generated by your scepter or GS4) so those projectiles now turn into Cleansing Bolts for your allies (and you proc a heal for yourself).

But combo in a Fire field to set the target ablaze for a DPS boost.Ice field for chillSmoke field for blindDark field for life stealetc.

Guardian is described as a DPS that supports their allies. Now maybe in a 1v1 that doesn't mean as much, but Guardian exists in PvE as well.

Nothing wrong with expressing a dislike for GS on Guardian, but I do not agree that there is anything wrong with it - one of the best balanced weapons in the game imo (I'm a Guard main though, so bias).

I agree with you here. Fair point too.

But I was only partially for a small change and the ones I saw (in my previous post) would be the only things I would agree for if they ever did change it.

In all honesty, GS is a very good and balanced weapon for guardian right now.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Hagion.1086 said:...I don't like GS animations skills, it's just spin, spin, spin... 2 spin, 3 spin/jump, 5 slow spin...

And that's fine, don't play GS on a Guardian then :wink: There are plenty of class mechanics I don't like, so I just play a different weapon / build / elite spec.

I

But I like GS, and I have no problem with guardian GS mechanics... I just wanted something less repeated to the animations

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Hagion.1086 said:But I like GS, and I have no problem with guardian GS mechanics... I just wanted something less repeated to the animations

Do you have an example of a profession/weapon animation that you prefer / has less repeated animations?

Mesmer, Warrior, Ranger, reaper... All of them has one different animation for each weapon skill in their GS.

@Hagion.1086 said:

@Hagion.1086 said:But I like GS, and I have no problem with guardian GS mechanics... I just wanted something less repeated to the animations

Do you have an example of a profession/weapon animation that you prefer / has less repeated animations?

Mesmer, Warrior, Ranger, reaper... All of them has one different animation for each weapon skill in their GS.

OK, but Guard GS isn't that different? GS2 and G5 are similar, as they are circular spins, but they do they different things, work at different speeds, and the 2nd function of GS5 gives you the whole "power of greyskull" move. I mean its all subjective, and people like different things, but I don't see how GS on Guard is really any different than the other professions you mentioned.

I still think Ranger GS has the best animations tied to theme of any weapon in this game. The animations for Maul and Swoop just scream ranger - but I'm equally in love with Guard GS. Each to their own :+1:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

OK, but Guard GS isn't that different? GS2 and G5 are similar, as they are circular spins, but they do they different things, work at different speeds, and the 2nd function of GS5 gives you the whole "power of greyskull" move. I mean its all subjective, and people like different things, but I don't see how GS on Guard is really any different than the other professions you mentioned.

I still think Ranger GS has the best animations tied to theme of any weapon in this game. The animations for Maul and Swoop just scream ranger - but I'm equally in love with Guard GS. Each to their own :+1:

Agree... Ranger GS is very nice, but guardian 2,3,5 are spin...is kind boring..Who's fight like this spinning his sword like a crazy person?

@Hagion.1086 said:

Agree... Ranger GS is very nice, but guardian 2,3,5 are spin...is kind boring..Who's fight like this spinning his sword like a crazy person?

Well GS3 isn't really a spin though, it's a leap with a strike.

To answer your 2nd question:

:smiley:

So it's more an animation change for the skill #5 and not a rework of Greatsword that you want.If the character was raising the greatsword to the sky with 5 spectral greatswords appearing around him before propelling themselves toward opponents, you would be happy ?

@Kulvar.1239 said:So it's more an animation change for the skill #5 and not a rework of Greatsword that you want.If the character was raising the greatsword to the sky with 5 spectral greatswords appearing around him before propelling themselves toward opponents, you would be happy ?

The guy who post this topic wanted to change GS skill 2... I just want to change animations for something more creative ?

And I really like your suggestion.

@Hagion.1086 said:

@Kulvar.1239 said:So it's more an animation change for the skill #5 and not a rework of Greatsword that you want.If the character was raising the greatsword to the sky with 5 spectral greatswords appearing around him before propelling themselves toward opponents, you would be happy ?

The guy who post this topic wanted to change GS skill 2... I just want to change animations for something more creative ?

And I really like your suggestion.

Or add super speed when cast skill 2 this will help too

I would accept the claim that all guardian weapons are outdated and need some small tweaks in PoF meta. I would accept a rant about mace, longbow or even sword ( all can have small improvements). But gs2 is not that bad. Making it a single attack like arc divider is not a buff but a nerf in my opinion.