How PvP matching algorythm works

Also, it's usually enough to just get 2 PVP achieves and then grab an open world one for dailies. Usually there's an easy one like miner/forager/lumberer/vista viewer. When I'm shooting for daily without anything else I just do that. But as far as your OP goes, I feel your pain. I made a post about being constantly put with "bad" players. I've been doing research and have found out that match manipulation between players is a thing. YOu're probably always on the intended "loser" side. I think they've gotten lax on their disciplining/policing ranked. Or they're placing people way too high after their placement matches, but given my research i believe it's the former and they just aren't being strict enough. They should perma ban accounts from PVP that are found doing match fixing. My understanding was even when they cared it was pretty lax enforcement (temporary "dishonor" whatever that means), which is actually REALLY stupid. Because when the game becomes unenjoyable to the 50-30% of people who are affecting by this, they quit and take their money that they would spend in the shop with them. I was planning on some purchases later this month but I'm holding off and am very close to rage quitting right now.

@Zenix.6198 said:Ye, literally every single player should always be on a winning streak 4Head

I'm not sure if you're misunderstanding or agreeing with OP. OP and I aren't asking for a winning steak. We're asking for matchmaking that gives closer to 50% win rates. I'm on a 5 match loss streak so far with a few smaller ones in between and it's pretty ridiculous when i was a solid 50%+ when I first started playing this season. That's TERRIBLE matchmaking. Even games that were only PVP based I've played in early access that have died after a month had better matching than this. Either players are misbehaving or the algorithm/placement system is just bork. My hunch is that too many people quit PVP and so they're lumping people together willy nilly. I've been grouped with and against the same set of people over and over again when i've queued multiple times in a row.

A Bad player here. I love the GW2 PvE and hate the PvP. The GW2 PvP is so toxic and frustrating. When the other team is up 300 points and my own team is saying terrible things about each other's mothers, I quit. I usually just stand there or go explore the maps (which are beautiful). Just a thought OP, some of us are bad. Maybe we don't like playing just as much as you.

@StevieB.7495 said:A Bad player here. I love the GW2 PvE and hate the PvP. The GW2 PvP is so toxic and frustrating. When the other team is up 300 points and my own team is saying terrible things about each other's mothers, I quit. I usually just stand there or go explore the maps (which are beautiful). Just a thought OP, some of us are bad. Maybe we don't like playing just as much as you.

I really really really would like to encourage you to keep playing and not getting too mixed up in the toxicity. :smile: You are not bad, you are new - and there is nothing wrong with that. Insults in the game are always awful, I hope you are also having good experiences and fun in PVP!

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@Zenix.6198 said:Ye, literally every single player should always be on a winning streak 4Head

I'm not sure if you're misunderstanding or agreeing with OP. OP and I aren't asking for a winning steak. We're asking for matchmaking that gives closer to 50% win rates. I'm on a 5 match loss streak so far with a few smaller ones in between and it's pretty ridiculous when i was a solid 50%+ when I first started playing this season. That's TERRIBLE matchmaking. Even games that were only PVP based I've played in early access that have died after a month had better matching than this. Either players are misbehaving or the algorithm/placement system is just bork. My hunch is that too many people quit PVP and so they're lumping people together willy nilly. I've been grouped with and against the same set of people over and over again when i've queued multiple times in a row.

If you keep flipping a coin, eventually you'll get 5 tails in a row. It doesn't mean the coin is broken.

@Khalisto.5780 said:daily vista, gather, jp, minidungeon.

Pretty sure if 3 of those are in the table you can do your daily within 5 min and/or have to play just one match, winning or losing

@Axelteas.7192 said:Me: I just join ranked to get my daily achievments and then go out.Anet: No, we got very few pvp players so I'm gonna put you in a loser streak with the most dumb players ever so youre gonna force to stay 5-6 matches untill you win!

But, OP doesn't need to go into Ranked PVP they can easily go to Unranked for dailies where win/lose everyone is friends.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

This just means you are not at the level you are suppose to be. Eventually you will be lowered to the correct level and get a 5050 match rate.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

If you keep flipping a coin, eventually you'll get 5 tails in a row. It doesn't mean the coin is broken.

when you keep flipping the coin and it spits out 5 heads, 5 tails, 5 heads, 5 tails over and over, the game is programmed for loss streaks

This is why you stop pvping after a loss and wait a day to come back

@SplendaDaddy.6980 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:daily vista, gather, jp, minidungeon.

Pretty sure if 3 of those are in the table you can do your daily within 5 min and/or have to play just one match, winning or losing

@Axelteas.7192 said:Me: I just join ranked to get my daily achievments and then go out.Anet: No, we got very few pvp players so I'm gonna put you in a loser streak with the most dumb players ever so youre gonna force to stay 5-6 matches untill you win!

But, OP doesn't need to go into Ranked PVP they can easily go to Unranked for dailies where win/lose everyone is friends.

He can still take 5-6 matches to get the daily win, it's not a mmr issue

• 1 month later...

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@"StevieB.7495" said:A Bad player here. I love the GW2 PvE and hate the PvP. The GW2 PvP is so toxic and frustrating. When the other team is up 300 points and my own team is saying terrible things about each other's mothers, I quit. I usually just stand there or go explore the maps (which are beautiful). Just a thought OP, some of us are bad. Maybe we don't like playing just as much as you.

I really really really would like to encourage you to keep playing and not getting too mixed up in the toxicity. :smile: You are not bad, you are new - and there is nothing wrong with that. Insults in the game are always awful, I hope you are also having good experiences and fun in PVP!

2ttdzSc.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement. It's kind of hard tbh.

@StevieB.7495 said:

@StevieB.7495 said:A Bad player here. I love the GW2 PvE and hate the PvP. The GW2 PvP is so toxic and frustrating. When the other team is up 300 points and my own team is saying terrible things about each other's mothers, I quit. I usually just stand there or go explore the maps (which are beautiful). Just a thought OP, some of us are bad. Maybe we don't like playing just as much as you.

2ttdzSc.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement. It's kind of hard tbh.

Negative feedback is the best kind of feedback.

You probably have alot to learn and need to be berated for being bad. This will make you stronger and help you git gud.

Keep trying. Do better.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

when you keep flipping the coin and it spits out 5 heads, 5 tails, 5 heads, 5 tails over and over, the game is programmed for loss streaks

This is why you stop pvping after a loss and wait a day to come back

Except the matchmaker isn't designed for 50% win rates. The matchmaker takes the queued populating and their relative rating. If you have a low population then you get what we have today with pvp in GW2.

I think it's because everyone starts somewhere around Gold 2 and some people lucked out got carried even though they are not on that level yet and the matchmaker starts dropping them down game by game but since there aren't that many people you kinda get them on your team. Just one person underperforming tilts the game in the favor of the other team and that is how you get blow outs , the other guys might be doing their hardest to compensate but it wont help much. So till the matchmaker evens out and decides where people are at ( which is dumb statistic win/lose algorithm that doesn't give two shits about how the games went) it's not good to play, and it takes like what 100 games to reach the normal average, but most people don't even do that many games so you end up in multiple bad games.Also the way the matchmaker works is it pulls people to G2 so everyone feels good and "golden", but the problem is that sPVP can't work like the rest of the game and be sunshine and rainbows , cause you get bad games most of the time and that "golden" experience is not so golden. If you want to get into the big leagues yo gota get that 80% winrate and win 3 to 8 rating per game and god help you if you lose and get shanked for -20 -30 . So much "fun" yoyo-ing up and down.Man, i have gotten terribly cynical.