PvP skill lag getting worse?

Bort.8647

It has never seemed this bad before, but hit registration, pathing, and skill lag seems to be getting much worse. Some fights it takes nearly a second before i can activate skills, or they are just delayed after pressing their key. Im regularly cced and hit while in weapon/utility skill evade frames, and any kind of movement skill like leaps or charge attacks often take me in a completely different direction than towards my target. Ive never had latency issues in pvp until recently, and i am almost certain it has nothing to do with my end.

@rwolf.9571 said:Try turning off v-sync. Helps a little bit if you haven't already. Otherwise those Amazon servers are sure hard at work...

Hm, I've experienced some minor but in some cases very critical lag although my ping and fps are fairly decent. But I have v-sync on (because I got rid of those strange micro stutters I had for some reason), might give it a try turning it off again! But if I remember correctly I also had this lag (it feels like input lag tbh but only in GW2) when I had v-sync disabled, idk.

I occassionally get general lag, sometimes landing at the same time I'm pressing a skill, other times just when moving. If your ping and fps are fine, it could be client side. For me, I tested and found the issue is something to do with Windows Explorer (not the web browser, the GUI for the file system). The fix for me was to open task manager and restart the process. If your issue is similar, give that a try next time you experience it.

Another culprit can be your peripherals. I had this recently, too. A mouse button when it starts to die, can be intermittent. Now and then, it just won't work. It feels like skill lag, or the skill queue failing you. If the particular control is dodge, and it doesn't activate, it can feel like you're getting hit mid dodge when you didn't actually start to dodge.

@"Bort.8647" said:It has never seemed this bad before, but hit registration, pathing, and skill lag seems to be getting much worse. Some fights it takes nearly a second before i can activate skills, or they are just delayed after pressing their key. Im regularly cced and hit while in weapon/utility skill evade frames, and any kind of movement skill like leaps or charge attacks often take me in a completely different direction than towards my target. Ive never had latency issues in pvp until recently, and i am almost certain it has nothing to do with my end.

I've been noticing it lately as well. It isn't all of the time it's just some days it seems. My ping is normal, my ISP is running fine, laptop is fine, but there is weird skill lag in-game. Seemed to start happening around the time season 17 started, or maybe it was when the dragon bash patch hit. Somewhere along that time frame, I began getting weird skill delays that don't seem to actually be "lag" at all.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Bort.8647" said:It has never seemed this bad before, but hit registration, pathing, and skill lag seems to be getting much worse. Some fights it takes nearly a second before i can activate skills, or they are just delayed after pressing their key. Im regularly cced and hit while in weapon/utility skill evade frames, and any kind of movement skill like leaps or charge attacks often take me in a completely different direction than towards my target. Ive never had latency issues in pvp until recently, and i am almost certain it has nothing to do with my end.

I've been noticing it lately as well. It isn't all of the time it's just some days it seems. My ping is normal, my ISP is running fine, laptop is fine, but there is weird skill lag in-game. Seemed to start happening around the time season 17 started, or maybe it was when the dragon bash patch hit. Somewhere along that time frame, I began getting weird skill delays that don't seem to actually be "lag" at all.

Does it happen on prime times ? Maybe at times when your isp is real busy and your port is being throttled. In that case try using /clientport 80. Add it to your shortcut commandline parameter.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:My lag recently got better.. I upgraded from adsl to NBN100 though.

Since then my ping has dropped from 400 average to 180ish and my lag doesnt exist anymore. Even my League of Legends wemt from 200 ping to 20ish.

Maybe you should get a better internet deal?

! That's huge for you. Congrats.

Massive upgrade for me and thanks ?

I'unno if anyone else is noticing the same, or maybe I'm just stupid and this is actually part of the design (Though I swear it never used to be like this), but after swapping legends on Revenant it takes like 0.5 of a second for any utility skill I use to actually register. Granted this doesn't happen all the time, but I'm noticing it more frequently.

This is awful, i cant even play the game anymore. Animations getting cut, other players teleport on top of me, people rubberband all over the place, players avoid my leap attacks/charges by running in a straight line. My projectiles never even register unless i am less than 600 range away. My ping is always less than 60, and my internet works completely fine in other games so i dont know what the problem is with gw2. Not tolerating this horrible game anymore.