While everyone is complaining about soulbeasts an thieves and stealth

Anput.4620

@enkidu.5937 said:If you refer to roaming Sic'em Boonbeast and perma stealth Thiefs -> low skill ceiling -> high reward

You've probably not played thief for an extended period of time. It's said thief is easy to play and I believed it all the time I played thief. Only when I took some time playing the other classes I realized how much work and attention you have to put into playing a thief to get anything done. I started to understand how people can play well with only using the keyboard for skills. If you play thief and your fingers leave the movement keys for more than 1/10s , you are toast. It's likely that your dps is not sufficient to take down your enemy anyway, even if you run around full berserker with 12k health.

medium skill ceiling and low reward fits better.

@Anput.4620 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:This thread is not worth discussion. Trying to defend soulbeast. Lol.

Trying to defend 2 most used professions in all of WvW since PoF then compares them to no impact build lol.

Im sorry you are wrong. I know you are salty because you cant farm bags because you cant aoe cleave but soulbeast is the most broken shit i've seen in game to date. Both fb and scourge can be sniped even inside zerg but try to kill a sb among their 5man party lul. You will die before you can reach 1200 range.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@enkidu.5937 said:If you refer to roaming Sic'em Boonbeast and perma stealth Thiefs -> low skill ceiling -> high reward

You've probably not played thief for an extended period of time. It's said thief is easy to play and I believed it all the time I played thief. Only when I took some time playing the other classes I realized how much work and attention you have to put into playing a thief to get anything done. I started to understand how people can play well with only using the keyboard for skills. If you play thief and your fingers leave the movement keys for more than 1/10s , you are toast. It's likely that your dps is not sufficient to take down your enemy anyway, even if you run around full berserker with 12k health.

medium skill ceiling and low reward fits better.Hmmmm, during the years, I've been roaming with dodge / evade thief specs 80% of the time. :3 Not perma stealth, but even some access to stealth makes fight picking and resetting fights so much easier in todays gank-heavy roaming meta.

Nonetheless, I can agree with you if you refer to 1 vs. 1 duels (considering the changes in the near past: DE blockable, increasing amount of unveil tools / watchtowers etc.)

@XECOR.2814 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:This thread is not worth discussion. Trying to defend soulbeast. Lol.

Trying to defend 2 most used professions in all of WvW since PoF then compares them to no impact build lol.

Im sorry you are wrong. I know you are salty because you cant farm bags because you cant aoe cleave but soulbeast is the most broken kitten i've seen in game to date. Both fb and scourge can be sniped even inside zerg but try to kill a sb among their 5man party lul. You will die before you can reach 1200 range.

-Blow all cooldowns to snipe guardian-Down him-Allies just insta rally him-Try again with necro 40s+ later-Eat ~10k of his health bar-He activates shroud and negates the rest of my damage-Get ganked by thief that circled around me while I was trying to be "le elite sniper"-Revive at spawn

Really game breaking stuff there bro. I can see why zergs run with rangers in their parties...

@XECOR.2814 said:

Im sorry you are wrong. I know you are salty because you cant farm bags because you cant aoe cleave but soulbeast is the most broken kitten i've seen in game to date. Both fb and scourge can be sniped even inside zerg but try to kill a sb among their 5man party lul. You will die before you can reach 1200 range.

Naaa I can crush them on a mesmer or thief. SB has hard counters.

People complaining about class A and comparing it to class B dont understand how this game is balanced. GW2 is not a homogenization game where every class has roughly the same capabilities in same armor stats. Its balanced on rock-paper-scissors philosophy,.

Paper is OP and needs a nerfScissors is fine-Rock

Soul Beast is OP and needs a nerfFirebrands are fine-Necro

@XECOR.2814 said:

Then why are there so many scourges and FB's compared to rangers and why do they have more impact exactly as i said, you are objectively wrong here, numbers and performance along with impact show this.

@Substance E.4852 said:

-Blow all cooldowns to snipe guardian-Down him-Allies just insta rally him-Try again with necro 40s+ later-Eat ~10k of his health bar-He activates shroud and negates the rest of my damage-Get ganked by thief that circled around me while I was trying to be "le elite sniper"-Revive at spawn

Really game breaking stuff there bro. I can see why zergs run with rangers in their parties...

This is this whole forum.

@steki.1478 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

None of these are fine though, especially fb and soulbeast. Scourge (or necro in general) at least has a lot less damage than other power zerg builds, 0 mobility and almost no viability in roaming.

GW2 is not balanced on ability homogenization, so saying class A cant do it, therefore class B shouldnt be able to either, doesnt work in this model.

What does work is making sure there are builds it counters, as well as builds that counter it.

When I'm on either one of my mesmers, I hard counter sick'em SB. When I'm on my d/p thief (just as much of a gimmick build as SB) I hard counter sick'em SB.

FB is actually hard countered by SB, as SB has enough unblockable to take it down. Scourge also has a counter to FB, but more of a soft counter, because no matter how much stab the FB can put up, the necro can just corrupt it. If the FB uses burns, the necro just transfers them over.

@steki.1478 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

None of these are fine though, especially fb and soulbeast. Scourge (or necro in general) at least has a lot less damage than other power zerg builds, 0 mobility and almost no viability in roaming.

Soulbeast/Ranger atleast is the worst thing to zerg with, meanwhile reaper roams fine.

@Anput.4620 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Soulbeast/Ranger atleast is the worst thing to zerg with, meanwhile reaper roams fine.

Where does scrapper sit in all of this?

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Where does scrapper sit in all of this?

Engineers are top tier in everything, heck, Holo is even better than Soulbeast, unless you play Boonbeast.