Hearts and Minds Updraft BUG [Merged]

• 1 month later...

Same just got it now too. Was fighting for 15-20minutes get to the updraft part, scramble to get to the closest one which was the one in front and get rocketed right out of the instance. And you can't even put in a bug report inside the game for story instance or at least I couldn't find it lol Still it just makes you kittenly mad and frustrated when this is many years old now and still not fixed

• 2 weeks later...

Omg even without gliding, the upward air keeps pushing me up and wont let me escape from it. The surrounding hazards keep damaging me and im helplessly auto-jumped and died. In 3K hours of gw2, this this the first of me seeing my armor damaged due to repeated death from this bug. At least Im able to complete this on my main (wierd that it succeeded without any issues comperd to now). Got to skip this until they addressed this issues now :(

• 1 month later...

2nd of July 2019. STILL relevant. I got so infuriated that I submitted a ticket to get some direct attention on this. Nearly a whole hour of soloing 3 bosses, getting Mordremoth down to 2% remaining health only to fly up into fucking space (and out of the instance) just triggered me harder than any game has before.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Shikigami.4013" said:Just because you believe there is a workaround, saying "it is not a bug" does not make it not a bug.

It isn't, it was designed that way. You
have
to use the Use key on the updrafts for this, it's always been that way.

That's not correct because after being shot out of the instance once, I did it the same way again without encountering the bug and without the "use key" (before ever reading about the weird possibility of doing that, opposed to EVERY other updraft for gliding in the game).

• 1 month later...

After 7 years of avoiding this because I haven't been able to complete it solo on my ele (always play solo) and especially not being even able to get past Eir and Garm, I created a reaper and today made it all the way to Mordremoth and the final updraft got sent sky-high. Would have been recording my game-play for a support ticket had I known this was going to happen. I don't think I will ever try again it has just been one big pain in the a$$ after another with this final battle. With all these micro transactions I am sure ANet could afford to put together a small team to fix this d@mn issue the right way!! Ridiculous and so disappointing.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Given I've had to deal with that updraft bug plenty of times with Xera, I've learned to quickly tap my spacebar as I'm lifting off to interrupt the bugged gliding upwards just enough. Tap it again to re-deploy your glider before you fall too far to hit the updraft a second time and it usually stops the rocket mode from happening. If not, keep tapping and 'bounce' on the updraft, if that makes any sense... Might be something to consider until there's a legitimate fix for it.

• 3 months later...

This just happened to me!! What does it take for these money grubbing devs to notice us?! NOTICE ME SEMPAI! Have you no pride for your creation? This would be like me releasing a music album with a clearly crappy guitar solo and just having ppl buy it like it doesn't matter. Can't be smug with that level of incompetence. For several years, and no fix? Y'all being too soft on devs. An eleven year old nerd kid could have fixed this on the first day of complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently replayed this instance with a friend and experienced it too every time I got into an updraft. My workaround was to just immediately close the glider while falling into an updraft from above.

But honestly, this doesn't even need "proper" fixing, just a quick map edit - add an invisible ceiling and increase the instance height above it so people don't get kicked anymore for nuts reasons.

Don't get why nobody is touching this, since it's definitely broken. Sad.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Alot of people frustrated over the years with not being able to complete this mission due to the updraft bug. However, I'd like to point out, it says glide or take cover; there's a safe area you can just walk into and stay there and pass the mission.

You only need to do the gliding for the achievs.

There is no cover spot in challenge mode.

• 3 months later...

Here it is, over three years later, and I just had this happen to me in a solo attempt. Made it all the way to the end of Phase 3 of the Mordremoth fight (after nearly four hours of slogging through this hellish mission), then got launched into the sky and right out of the instance. THIS IS GORAM ANNOYING! Please, oh please slap a ceiling in this thing or define the upper boundary as being much higher!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...