Infusions Preview

And once you add them, delete all infisuons and annoying effects.Let's keep it simple.Delete tonics and the novel tab too.Mount skins and most of the outfits should follow too.And while we are at it, most legendary weapons. (leave only the ones that look like a normal weapon)

@"YoukiNeko.6047" said:And once you add them, delete all infisuons and annoying effects.Let's keep it simple.Delete tonics and the novel tab too.Mount skins and most of the outfits should follow too.And while we are at it, most legendary weapons. (leave only the ones that look like a normal weapon)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/961990/#Comment_961990

Don't feel obligated to play a game you don't like :)

@Anen.1742 said:

@"YoukiNeko.6047" said:And once you add them, delete all infisuons and annoying effects.Let's keep it simple.Delete tonics and the novel tab too.Mount skins and most of the outfits should follow too.And while we are at it, most legendary weapons. (leave only the ones that look like a normal weapon)

Don't feel obligated to play a game you don't like :)

I'm not. That's why I'm giving suggestions how to make it better so I can play it.

• 8 months later...

There should be the option to preview the different infusions in game like through the wardrobe settings and through the black lion trading post. It would be helpful to see how it looks based off of your characters instead of having to look it up through the wiki .

• Like 1

That would be SO helpful! Most infusions aren't cheap, and many of us aren't lucky enough to get them as a drop. Also , I don't know if this is the same for all infusions but the Toy Shell Infusion doesn't turn ALL hair styles in to wood. I bought the infusion, and using an unlimited hairstyle contract previewed the different styles on my male asura. Some hair took on the wood texture, others didn't. That might be disappointing to someone who was unable to preview the infusion before investing in it.

So far the Toy Shell is my favorite infusion. I would love if they made wooden mount skins to match. XD

What we need, and something I've been advocating for a while now, is a "dressing room" instance that we can enter and have access to literally every cosmetic item, effect, etc. in the game, including mounts and all their skins, infusions (also to see how they stack), etc. That way we could go in, suit up, dye and re-dye as needed, check the look in different lighting conditions in the instance, try out every combo we can think of, check out various gemstore weapon visual effects (and sounds where relevant), and whatever else you can think of to test out before a single gold coin is committed.

Yeah, this would be a resource eater, but I tend to think it would be quite a popular QoL addition, and thus worthy of inclusion. Could be wrong, but I doubt it. Fashion Wars and all that. Might as well have a means for us to go all out properly rather than with the functional but, in many ways, limited tools we have now.

• Like 3

@"Kruhljak.2705" said:What we need, and something I've been advocating for a while now, is a "dressing room" instance that we can enter and have access to literally every cosmetic item, effect, etc. in the game, including mounts and all their skins, infusions (also to see how they stack), etc. That way we could go in, suit up, dye and re-dye as needed, check the look in different lighting conditions in the instance, try out every combo we can think of, check out various gemstore weapon visual effects (and sounds where relevant), and whatever else you can think of to test out before a single gold coin is committed.

Yeah, this would be a resource eater, but I tend to think it would be quite a popular QoL addition, and thus worthy of inclusion. Could be wrong, but I doubt it. Fashion Wars and all that. Might as well have a means for us to go all out properly rather than with the functional but, in many ways, limited tools we have now.

We already have this with the preview window, there's really no need for a separate instance, and probably very little interest for it on Arenanet's part. It would be optimal to simply include the infusions into the existing system.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@"Kruhljak.2705" said:We already have this with the preview window, there's really no need for a separate instance, and probably very little interest for it on Arenanet's part. It would be optimal to simply include the infusions into the existing system.

We have certain options in certain preview windows, but we most certainly don't even come close with a single preview window. Here's some things lacking now:

No preview window allows you to apply dyes to different channels per armor piece (as many players choose to do) while also wielding a previewed weapon.

No preview window can show you dual-wielding two preview weapons.

No preview window can show you any of this alongside a new hair style or other form of makeover modification.

No preview window can show any of this in motion (to see the physics effects, and or test for undesirable animation clipping).

No preview window can show you any of this in variable lighting conditions.

No preview offers you audio that applies to various special weapons and mounts.

No preview window shows you the particle effects on certain weapons while attacking (since you can't perform an attack maneuver in any preview window).

No preview window can show you any of this while on a given mount with a given dye job and/or skin. Or on a given chair.

No preview window can show you a view of any changes made at various distances or angles (beyond the basic horizontal rotation axis).

And certainly none can show you a "finished product" including more than a couple of these sorts of choices much less all of them.

An instance could show you literally anything the game can show you. Perhaps if all of these options were incorporated into a single preview window that could mimic being in an instance without requiring an instance, then whatever overhead might be incurred by an instance could be chucked, but either way we'd have a truly robust option to play with. What we have now is functional piecemeal, with options scattered across various windows. That's enough for many players, no doubt, but even though the preview window options we have now are a lot more welcome than when we had none of them, it doesn't mean something far better isn't possible, desirable and worth considering.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:And once you add them, delete all infisuons and annoying effects.Let's keep it simple.Delete tonics and the novel tab too.Mount skins and most of the outfits should follow too.And while we are at it, most legendary weapons. (leave only the ones that look like a normal weapon)

Never going to happen, good luck with your angst.

@Blueberry.8095 said:I'd love the infusion preview & see the stacking effect before actually buying/putting them on?

The preview would be a big helpful thing for me. While granted I'm still broke and won't be buying infusions anytime soon, if I could preview the infusions on my characters, I'd know which ones I can gradually work up gold for/aim for in some way. And yes, I know the wiki exists and it's the most helpful site every, however I'd like to preview the infusion on my actual toon to see if it works for the aesthetic/character. Some infusions can look great on wiki and probably horrible on my toon and vice versa and the only way to know this is if I can preview the infusion on my toon in the first place.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...