Guild hall arena Pve balanced ?

@otto.5684 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We've discussed all these ideas around guild hall arena and probably more. There are things we'd like to try at some point. But as some have mentioned, the guild hall arena is not high on the current priority list.

I kind find it hard to believe that turning sPvP menu and stats in an instanced location is a difficult task. It should be a press a button on your end, like all sPvP maps.

It's because the gamemode settings, like conditions scaling, retaliation damage etc are tied to the region the map is in (the regions being PvP, WvW and PvE). If they moved the Guild Hall into The Heart of the Mists where PvP lobby is, the applied ruleset would be a PvP one. My bet is, that's what they'll try to do - move the entire Guild Hall map into different region.

@Samug.6512 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We've discussed all these ideas around guild hall arena and probably more. There are things we'd like to try at some point. But as some have mentioned, the guild hall arena is not high on the current priority list.

I kind find it hard to believe that turning sPvP menu and stats in an instanced location is a difficult task. It should be a press a button on your end, like all sPvP maps.

It's because the gamemode settings, like conditions scaling, retaliation damage etc are tied to the region the map is in (the regions being PvP, WvW and PvE). If they moved the Guild Hall into The Heart of the Mists where PvP lobby is, the applied ruleset would be a PvP one. My bet is, that's what they'll try to do - move the entire Guild Hall map into different region.

Yes, with all the limitations and problems that comes with that, like the WvW mode having no mounts/gliding by default, and you have to enable them with WxP, and only battlecat for mount. I can imagine the majority of players (pve) being very angry at that.

Another alternative would be to move 1 of the existing GuildHalls to WvW for ex, if it is possible to split them up like that. Most players likely have access to at least 2 different halls by now anyways. Obviously this depends on a lot of technical limitations I can't know.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The devs have explained: guild halls are PvE locations; there's no way to use a WvW or PvP build without creating a totally new instance, and custom arenas do that fine for PvP. They haven't said that they'll never get to it for WvW; it's just not a high priority and it's a lot of work, so it's unlikely to happen "soon."

But why doesnt the whole guild hall use the wvw-balance and build? There arent any mobs to fight there. Maybe you could use some movement skills in guild hall, but why not use a mount for movement? So i dont really see how using the wvw-balance outside of the arena could break things.

How would they implement it? It's a PvE instance, so it has PvE mechanics. To give it WvW mechanics would mean that every GH would be WvW, so players would have their WvW builds, even those who never WvW. I'm sure you can see how that would be confusing.

Among the possibilities would be allowing a guild to designate its hall as WvW, acknowledging the potential mismatch that some players might find. That's simple enough to describe. It's a different thing entirely to recreate the guild hall as a WvW instance

I cant see how it would be confusing, if ppl have or dont have wvw it doesnt matter because u dont play your class inside a gh unless u are in the arena which is a pvp tool by design.

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:We've discussed all these ideas around guild hall arena and probably more. There are things we'd like to try at some point. But as some have mentioned, the guild hall arena is not high on the current priority list.

Now I'm curious what IS the actual priority list.. would help us players understand the company's focus :)

Focus: More gem store items, outfits, mount skins etc. Sorry I couldn't resist.

Here is an actual list of their priorities at the moment, from their different departments/teams:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/whats-next-for-guild-wars-2/

So basically:Legendary Runes and SigilsBuild TemplatesCooking increased to 500World Restructuring in WvWSwiss tournament support for sPVP

And obviously Season 5.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The devs have explained: guild halls are PvE locations; there's no way to use a WvW or PvP build without creating a totally new instance, and custom arenas do that fine for PvP. They haven't said that they'll never get to it for WvW; it's just not a high priority and it's a lot of work, so it's unlikely to happen "soon."

But why doesnt the whole guild hall use the wvw-balance and build? There arent any mobs to fight there. Maybe you could use some movement skills in guild hall, but why not use a mount for movement? So i dont really see how using the wvw-balance outside of the arena could break things.

How would they implement it? It's a PvE instance, so it has PvE mechanics. To give it WvW mechanics would mean that every GH would be WvW, so players would have their WvW builds, even those who never WvW. I'm sure you can see how that would be confusing.

Among the possibilities would be allowing a guild to designate its hall as WvW, acknowledging the potential mismatch that some players might find. That's simple enough to describe. It's a different thing entirely to recreate the guild hall as a WvW instance

I cant see how it would be confusing, if ppl have or dont have wvw it doesnt matter because u dont play your class inside a gh unless u are in the arena which is a pvp tool by design.

But, they do use their Mounts, and Gliders to an extent. They may want to use other consumables that aren't allowed in WvW, as well.How would the players that have created races or jumping puzzles (that require gliding, or use gliding to keep from falling to ones death) feel about their efforts being arbitrarily removed? How would players feel about having to play in WvW to unlock gliding for Guild Halls? Or, the one Mount allowed in WvW?