Had some trouble roaming last night, could use some expert know-how

Zexanima.7851

TL;DRThe question in the title.

I haven't roamed on ranger in a long time but I gave it a go last night. I ran into two frustrating scenarios (sorry I don't have any gameplay). Here are the builds I ran with

Build 1: SoulbeastBuild 2: CoreBuild 3: Core Melee (I had the most success with this)

Senario 1 (Core Thief, Spellbreaker, and Revenant)

There was this group roaming in Alpine boarder lands and I encountered them several times. I would kite the warrior while I downed the thief since they were the weakest player. The problem was the Revenant. They were not the best, I beat then a couple times when it was just the two of us. The pressure they applied with the other two was the issue. Smoke assault, gaze of darkness, phase traversal nullified a lot of my sustain (which comes in the form of stealth and kiting). What would be a good way to sustain against Revenant pressure? I have about 100 hours on Revenant and have a decent understanding of how it plays but not how to play against it as ranger.

Senario 2 (Core Guardian, Holosmith)

I couldn't down either, no matter what I did. Even if I +1 them while they were in a fight. I could match them in sustain (specially with core melee build) but I could never down either of them and the Guardian gave me a run for my money at several points with his burst. Is there any way to fight that kind of duo or is it just a walk away senario?

Well first thing out of the way: it's usually not possible to come close to actually winning an outnumbered fight unless they are MUCH worse than you. Loosing an outnumbered fight is expected.

Anyway. You run shortbow. Shortbow lacks dmg, range and sustain. You need the stealth from lb to deal with rev. Problem is a thief and rev. If it was 2v1 you should focus rev unless they have thief. Maybe even focus rev regardless. Lb counters rev, sb does not.

Make sure to avoid the reveal that revenants have. Decent ones know to use it after you blast your smokescale. IIRC it's in the same legend as the heal and other aoes. Dragon legend? Idk. But dodge the reveal. Kite kite kite. Open on him with or RF, then when he uses teleport blink you use PBS to KB him etc. Pop your stab (dolyak stance) when hes on staff and you can tell hes about to use #5 to stun you..

If you find ppl dodging your hunters shot (lb) randomly too often, start swapping to another target first and then use it. The 2nd guy that you ARE NOT FOCUSING usually doesn't pay attention to dodges especially when you are on your LB and can only hit one at a time.

@bigo.9037 said:Well first thing out of the way: it's usually not possible to come close to actually winning an outnumbered fight unless they are MUCH worse than you. Loosing an outnumbered fight is expected.

Anyway. You run shortbow. Shortbow lacks dmg, range and sustain. You need the stealth from lb to deal with rev. Problem is a thief and rev. If it was 2v1 you should focus rev unless they have thief. Maybe even focus rev regardless. Lb counters rev, sb does not.

Make sure to avoid the reveal that revenants have. Decent ones know to use it after you blast your smokescale. IIRC it's in the same legend as the heal and other aoes. Dragon legend? Idk. But dodge the reveal. Kite kite kite. Open on him with or RF, then when he uses teleport blink you use PBS to KB him etc. Pop your stab (dolyak stance) when hes on staff and you can tell hes about to use #5 to stun you..

Whoops, meant to select long bow, my bad. xD Fixed it.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@bigo.9037 said:Well first thing out of the way: it's usually not possible to come close to actually winning an outnumbered fight unless they are MUCH worse than you. Loosing an outnumbered fight is expected.

Whoops, meant to select long bow, my bad. xD Fixed it.

Well either way you rely heavily on stealth and kiting but played in open world 1v1 ranger should win.

You basically deal dmg in small pockets of openings on ranger when outnumbered. Idk if you do that it's hard when you don't show clips, but I tend to start fight with gazelle merged.. then swap to smokescale and gs for stealth.. merge... Stay merged until I had to use smokescale evade, then unmerge, use smokefield again.. swap to gazelle, merge for mobility. But yea. I would suggest focusing the rev first and then thief cus rev have tok many gap closers and hit really hard.

• 5 weeks later...