5 borderlands, no worlds, just guilds.

Sovereign.1093

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:No Community , No alliance , just large pvp . No Thanks

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Would be bored out of my mind watching guilds that are just there for the fights with their 80 people squads.

Who says that there cant be ppt guilds?Thats basically what alliances will bring.
" instead of world rankings, guild rankings. scores are based on the guilds you represent."

But of course there will be PPT guilds. They will still say they're just there for the fights though.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:No Community , No alliance , just large pvp . No Thanks

@Dawdler.8521 said:Would be bored out of my mind watching guilds that are just there for the fights with their 80 people squads.

Who says that there cant be ppt guilds?Thats basically what alliances will bring.
" instead of world rankings, guild rankings. scores are based on the guilds you represent."

But of course there will be PPT guilds. They will still say they're just there for the fights though.

I dont get what exactly you are trying to say? Score will still be put together by who holds what, right?

@Offair.2563 said:So they all going to stack at one side to find the fights, like the vabbi heroes did?

What we have now in WvW?

1. No meaning in winning a match. Nothing for the winner.
  2. Reward tracks running in the same way for all the players (not talking about boosters).
  3. Loot bags for the server killing lots of enemy.
  4. Faster skirmish reward tracks taking into account the position of the server in skirmish.

So, the stacking of a server can have only 2 causes: The loot and, maybe, the skirmish reward track. Because winning or the reward tracks have no relevance.

A way to prevent (or to eliminate) this tendency may be to:

1. Remove any reward/drop from killing players, except XP/karma.
  2. Make the skirmish reward track run with the same speed regardless of the position of the server in the skirmish.
  3. With 1 and 2 ANet can eliminate the stacking behavior by giving no reason to do this. Let's see how it can still keep players to play WvW:
  4. Rework the reward tracks. Make them worth enough to replace the missing loot from the players. Worth enough - I mean something you can acquire in WvW, useful and have some value on the market, making the other game modes an option rather than something mandatory. Something the players liking WvW will appreciate. And the others, not liking the WvW to not feel frustration for being forced into this mode for obtaining them. I think - not weapons/armors/skins, but mostly materials. Not random chest drops, but something you can count from the start.

I think that 2-3 candy and few chests for a grand total of 8 hours spent in WvW, although it has the right form, it has NOT the right value.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@Offair.2563 said:So they all going to stack at one side to find the fights, like the vabbi heroes did?

What we have now in WvW?
  1. No meaning in winning a match. Nothing for the winner.
  2. Reward tracks running in the same way for all the players (not talking about boosters).
  3. Loot bags for the server killing lots of enemy.
  4. Faster skirmish reward tracks taking into account the position of the server in skirmish.

So, the stacking of a server can have only 2 causes:
The loot
and, maybe, the skirmish reward track. Because winning or the reward tracks have no relevance.

A way to prevent (or to eliminate) this tendency may be to:
  1. Remove
    any
    reward/drop from killing players, except XP/karma.
  2. Make the skirmish reward track run with the same speed regardless of the position of the server in the skirmish.
  3. With 1 and 2 ANet can eliminate the stacking behavior by giving no reason to do this. Let's see how it can still keep players to play WvW:
  4. Rework the reward tracks. Make them worth enough to replace the missing loot from the players.
    Worth enough
    - I mean something you can acquire in WvW, useful and have some value on the market, making the other game modes
    an option
    rather than something mandatory. Something the players liking WvW will appreciate. And the others, not liking the WvW to not feel frustration for being forced into this mode for obtaining them. I think - not weapons/armors/skins, but mostly materials. Not random chest drops, but something you can count from the start.

I think that 2-3 candy and few chests for a grand total of 8 hours spent in WvW, although it has the right form, it has NOT the right value.You are completely ignoring the psychology of players wanting to
fight
win.