Suggestions to give Revenant more "options"

Yasai.3549

I love Revenant's weapons but I do not exactly feel like certain playstyles tied to certain weapons are a good idea, especially for player build versatility.

As of now:

• Sword is for power
  • Staff is a mix of support, CC and good chip damage
  • Axe is a Condition focused offhand with decent Power scaling
  • Mace is a purely Condition based mainhand
  • Hammer is for ranged Power.

Ignoring Elite spec weapons, these options are pretty limited regarding build diversity and loadout, which I think isn't healthy for Revenant.

I would like to suggest Trait tweaks in the same focus as "Herald of Sorrow" trait which heavily alters how a skill functions.

I think the best place to apply these Trait changes are in Retribution and Corruption, to aid in the targeted Traitlines as well.

Replenishing DespairCurrently : Incoming conditions provide you a small amount of healing. (useful if Conditions don't do easily 10 times the damage healed)Suggested change : Heal a small amount when inflicting Conditions. (1 second ICD)Allows Axe to be wielded in Mainhand.Mainhand Axe skills :

• Axe 1 will be an attack chain which inflicts Bleed on first hit, Burning on second hit, and both on third hit
  • Axe 2 will be a forward momentum attack with 450 range. It will hit 5 times and inflict Bleeding. Leap Finisher
  • Axe 3 will be a telegraphed chop with cast time of 1 second. It will deal damage in 170 AoE and inflict a heavy Burn.

Spiritual ReckoningCurrently : Gain retaliation when you use an elite skill. (holy cow why is this designed like that)Suggested change : Gain Retaliation when inflicting Weakness.Allows Mace to be wielded in offhand.Offhand Mace skills :

• Mace 4 will be a projectile which stuns the enemy and inflicts weakness. (Power scaling)
  • Mace 5 will be a Parry skill.On cast, will block attacks for 2 seconds.If a hit has been Blocked during this duration, the player can cast the flip skill to knockback enemies in 200 range, dealing damage.

Thanks for reading this far, I hope this stirs up the imagination of Rev players who, like me, would like to see more weapon options and combos on Revenant.

There are millions of great ideas that could be implemented. I also suggested changes to Replenishing Despair.I just feel that ANet doesn't want to touch anything as long as it does its job.

If Renegade is being used in raid 24/7, then there's no reason to fix it.Forced Engagement is a pretty bad skill, but still untouched. Banish Enchantment is completely useless in PvE, but hey, we have some Torment.

The Specialization system is great but its design will ALWAYS leave some traits trashy. There is just no way that 54 traits are going to be eqully useful in specific situations.

And yeah, there are ways to fix it. It's just not being done.

@derd.6413 said:why not give all weapons the trident treatment instead

Or better yet : the Elementalist treatment.I've seen it being discussed before that Revenant would probably be pretty great if their weapon skills altered based on Legend, so players can have the weapon they desire for any build they wanna run.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Or better yet : the Elementalist treatment.no, let ele be ele and rev be rev

I've seen it being discussed before that Revenant would probably be pretty great if their weapon skills altered based on Legend, so players can have the weapon they desire for any build they wanna run.so like trident

Ever since they reworked Harbinger Shroud, I have wanted Shining Aspects in Herald to change the way one or more of the consume skills works, to allow for more supportive skills without messing up Glint's kit for DPSers. It would be nice to get some healing and condition removal from the skills at the sacrifice of damage and conditions.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:Banish Enchantment is completely useless in PvE, but hey, we have some Torment.

Super disagree with this. It’s great in fractals that have No Pain No Gain, great On Dhuum, good on other raid bosses with boons (Peerless Qadim, potentially Largos/Xera/etc), and most importantly super helpful against that new Eye of Zhaitan in the dragon arena that gets retaliation and wipes 10 festival casuals every time.

If you rework your statement to “useless in a lot of open world scenarios” sure I’ll agree with that, but certainly not completely useless in all of pve and quite helpful when it is useful.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

If you rework your statement to “useless in a lot of open world scenarios” sure I’ll agree with that, but certainly not completely useless in all of pve and quite helpful when it is useful.

Honestly still no real reason to pick it over Abyssal Chill which translates to more Torment on Mallyx Leap or Axe 4.

This is because Corruption already has Opportune Extraction which steals a boon on 4 stack Torment targets.

And having a free Banish Enchantment isn't really that much better than self casting it because it is quite cheap and virtually no CD, as well as the only other Mallyx utility besides Leap that does meaningful damage.

It's more of a pvp thing imo provided yu are playing Corruptions without Mallyx.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Honestly still no real reason to pick it over Abyssal Chill which translates to more Torment on Mallyx Leap or Axe 4.

This is because Corruption already has Opportune Extraction which steals a boon on 4 stack Torment targets.

And having a free Banish Enchantment isn't really that much better than self casting it because it is quite cheap and virtually no CD, as well as the only other Mallyx utility besides Leap that does meaningful damage.

It's more of a pvp thing imo provided yu are playing Corruptions without Mallyx.

His statement was about Banish enchantment (mallyx utility) not Spontaneous Destruction (corruption trait), so my response was in regards to that. If he meant “Spontaneous Destruction” instead then it was a misunderstanding due to typo, as yes, Spontaneous Destruction is a trash trait in pretty much all modes; abyssal chill is nearly always better

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:His statement was about Banish enchantment (mallyx utility) not Spontaneous Destruction (corruption trait), so my response was in regards to that. If he meant “Spontaneous Destruction” instead then it was a misunderstanding due to typo, as yes, Spontaneous Destruction is a trash trait in pretty much all modes; abyssal chill is nearly always better

Well he did mention 54 traits and stuff so i assumed he meant the trait.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:His statement was about Banish enchantment (mallyx utility) not Spontaneous Destruction (corruption trait), so my response was in regards to that. If he meant “Spontaneous Destruction” instead then it was a misunderstanding due to typo, as yes, Spontaneous Destruction is a trash trait in pretty much all modes; abyssal chill is nearly always better

Well he did mention 54 traits and stuff so i assumed he meant the trait.

True, but he mentioned Forced Engagement (jalis utility) in the previous sentence so I figured he meant the skill. Who knows ??‍♀️?

@Yasai.3549 said:Mainhand Axe skills :

• Axe 1 will be an attack chain which inflicts Bleed on first hit, Burning on second hit, and both on third hit
  • Axe 2 will be a forward momentum attack with 450 range. It will hit 5 times and inflict Bleeding. Leap Finisher
  • Axe 3 will be a telegraphed chop with cast time of 1 second. It will deal damage in 170 AoE and inflict a heavy Burn.

A combo melee aa chain that's super important to land all 3 hits... A leaping attack that hits multiple times... An AoE Burn field...

You have just made a second mh mace. -.-

Hell no. The concept is bad. There are multiple things tied to legend swap. Tying damage to legend swap is going to result in major damage fluctuation and unreliability, which will completely kill rev in PvP.

@narcx.3570 said:

A combo melee aa chain that's super important to land all 3 hits... A leaping attack that hits multiple times... An AoE Burn field...

I have no idea of importance in regards to AA chain so I came up with something really bland I guess.For my Axe 4, I didn't elaborate but it should be something like Mirage's Axe 2 which spins forward.For Axe 5 well, I didn't say it was a lingering AoE field. I just said it was a heavy AoE burn. Think, something similar to Mesmer Torch 5, which is a burst of burning.

Hope this clarifies my intentions.

@Yasai.3549 said:

I have no idea of importance in regards to AA chain so I came up with something really bland I guess.For my Axe 4, I didn't elaborate but it should be something like Mirage's Axe 2 which spins forward.For Axe 5 well, I didn't say it was a lingering AoE field. I just said it was a heavy AoE burn. Think, something similar to Mesmer Torch 5, which is a burst of burning.

Hope this clarifies my intentions.

I think a off hand would is a must.

Guys forget about main hand weapons for core at least most are noticing that :).

ATM we only have shield and axe for core off handany other offhand introduces via elites will only work with CORE main hand weapons.Imo axe won’t be a decent combo... Loll it is already a bad weapon due how other classes gimmick work...