Wing 8?

We don't know if an expansion is in the future of Guild Wars 2 and you are asking about a Raid Wing?The last time they communicated with us about what's coming to the game was a long time ago. They need to give us a new state of the game announcement.But since it's summer it's highly unlikely, I'll hold until the game's anniversary in August.

• 3 weeks later...

@maddoctor.2738 said:We don't know if an expansion is in the future of Guild Wars 2 and you are asking about a Raid Wing?The last time they communicated with us about what's coming to the game was a long time ago. They need to give us a new state of the game announcement.But since it's summer it's highly unlikely, I'll hold until the game's anniversary in August.

If an expansion is comming it wont be for the next year and a half, thats more time than a wing takes and the playerbase that does endgame instanced content will heavily suffer if they dont see anything for that long.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Even if they'll make one, it will probably be even easier than wing 7.

Might help with accessibility to have a later wing be a good entry point. But there’s not really reason to believe what you’re saying

It doesnt, The first raids are the ones that start the collections for all the things ppl care about from raids, theres no pro in having them being harder than the later ones.

U then also run into the problem where te climax of a raid story that spans multiple wings is underwhelming compaired to the early encounters, this happened with quadim.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Even if they'll make one, it will probably be even easier than wing 7.

Might help with accessibility to have a later wing be a good entry point. But there’s not really reason to believe what you’re saying

It doesnt, The first raids are the ones that start the collections for all the things ppl care about from raids, theres no pro in having them being harder than the later ones.

U then also run into the problem where te climax of a raid story that spans multiple wings is underwhelming compaired to the early encounters, this happened with quadim.

I see what you mean and honestly I’m not up to date enough with raids to comment. But at least in terms of the conclusion of a multi wing story being too easy, 8 will be the start of something new and not the conclusion

@Fenom.9457 said:

I see what you mean and honestly I’m not up to date enough with raids to comment. But at least in terms of the conclusion of a multi wing story being too easy, 8 will be the start of something new and not the conclusion

Yeah, was commending on wing 7 being easier than w6 and w5 and how iirc it saw less player engagement.

@zealex.9410 said:Yeah, was commending on wing 7 being easier than w6 and w5 and how iirc it saw less player engagement.

That's because ironically it wasn't easy enough. The wing mechanics were trivially easy for top tier players, that's true - bu it wasn't so for the lower tier of the raiders - those players that simply do not have neither the dps nor the group coordination high enough to bypass most of the encounters. As such, the wing ended up in a weird situation where its difficulty level is unsatisfying for everyone. It's not difficult enough to satisfy the more hardcore raiders, but still too hard to attract new players.Not that increasing dificulty would be any better - it might have retained more of the top tier raiders, but would lose those from the more numerous bottom. Same as happened between w4 and w5 (except ,of course, w7 doesn't even have the reward incentive w5 had, because LDs are way less useful than LIs).

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Yeah, was commending on wing 7 being easier than w6 and w5 and how iirc it saw less player engagement.

That's because ironically it wasn't easy enough.

Maybe it's too early to say anything about player engagement... we'll get more accurate results in a few months.

I think that Wing 7 was a "test", they increased the personal responsibility of squad members a lot, meaning teams with all their players being great will find no issue in beating it. Meanwhile teams with a mixture of player skills will struggle as the higher personal responsibility means you can't rely on someone else doing most of the work for you. Cannon jumpers at Sabetha, mushroom eaters at Sloth, reflectors on Matthias, tank on Vale Guardian and Xera, hand kiter on Deimos are all ultra high responsibility roles in old Raid bosses. Wing 7 has very little of that at least the first two fights, I haven't fought Qadim 2.0 yet.