Which weapon should Necromancer get with their next Elite Spec?

Lahmia.2193

Main hand focus because Necromancer's focus needs more focus.

Main hand horn so complaints about off hand horn's nerf can be heard.

--- Edit ---There we go, short bow! 120 range AA with mobility, burning, and high bleed burst on 4 of 5 skills. Use it to open with a melee condi dps burst and gap-closers. Must do 20% to 30% more dps than scepter, support aggro control with invulnerability and gap closers, work with Curses and Death Magic, and meld with scepter and dagger builds.

Axe Off-hand, just because it will give us a reason to complain that spiteful talisman CD reduction don't work with Axe off-hand and it will take them 2 years to give us an answer in the form of a tooltip fix stating that spiteful talisman effect apply only to main-hand axe and focus.

Shield

Skill 4 should be a 20s cooldown 600 range rush skill (which does not require a target to be usable for mobility) that knocks down the target on impact.Skill 5 should be a 30s cooldown 3s block that builds up life force when blocking.

The new shroud should be melee range with one leap skill but in contrast to reaper shroud only single target oriented but with boon sharing for allies.

--> necro tank/support with good duelling capabilities.

I really don’t like the idea of shield for necro, personally. Sword would probably make the most sense, but I voted longbow because of the spider longbow skin and because it could be interesting to have another ranged option for necro.

@KrHome.1920 said:Shield

Skill 4 should be a 20s cooldown 600 range rush skill (which does not require a target to be usable for mobility) that knocks down the target on impact.Skill 5 should be a 30s cooldown 3s block that builds up life force when blocking.

The new shroud should be melee range with one leap skill but in contrast to reaper shroud only single target oriented but with boon sharing for allies.

I'm a little unsure of what I would like to see for the new shroud though in terms of whether it should be like Reaper Shroud and lock out HP/Utilities or like Scourge Shades that does not lock HP/Utilities.

Reaper Shroud locks out Utilities is sad but at least there was a clear purpose of going into Shroud and doing certain things like mobility or damage or defense.

Scourge Shades does not lock out Utilities but is sad that offense and defense are all rolled into the skills, making it half less effective during many fights.If it was normal Shroud, I could enter Shroud to tank damage without wasting any of the offensive Shroud skills.But on Scourge Shades, if I'm going to defend, I need to use them for barriers like F3 and F5.But they also happen to be offensive skills and if my opponents are not in range/shade or have their own defenses up like blocks/invulnerables, then the offense is wasted.

It is also sad that part of the damage and preventing counter-bursts comes from spamming the skills.Maybe I'm just playing Scourge wrong but it makes me want to spam instead of timing them for proper moments.

@KrHome.1920 said:Shield

ANet would rather give us barrier than block and cripple/chill than a rush skill.

Sword. Necro is the only profession that can't use it. Every other profession that can't use it with their core spec can with their elite spec. It would just make sense to me. I also think depending on what they do with Shroud, it could work quite well for Necro. A faster melee weapon like Dagger perhaps with some better utility or range would be really nice.

Elite specs/weapons I'd like to see:

Dual Swords - Wraith/ghostly spec using thief-like movement and stealth, or Vampire Lord based on blood and life force

Rifle - Dark steampunk engi-like Plague Doctor using elixirs

Shield - that Bone Dancer/Bonemancer idea that was posted a while back, with bone armor & cages and immobilize/bleeds

@"Udolpho.1209" said:Elite specs/weapons I'd like to see:

Dual Swords - Wraith/ghostly spec using thief-like movement and stealth, or Vampire Lord based on blood and life force

Shield - that Bone Dancer/Bonemancer idea that was posted a while back, with bone armor & cages and immobilize/bleeds

I had an idea a while back for Plaguedoctor spec using sword and elixirs.

x0QeUKI.png

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@"Udolpho.1209" said:Elite specs/weapons I'd like to see:

Shield - that
/Bonemancer idea that was posted a while back, with bone armor & cages and immobilize/bleeds

I had an idea a while back for Plaguedoctor spec using sword and elixirs.

x0QeUKI.png

Overall very well designed. I'd like it more, if it was a double sword spec tbh. Cause there's nothing that really goes well with those skills.Only thing that I don't like is having 2 traits that improve one shroud skill.Maybe switch out one to be: 20% longer duration for elixirsOr something like that.Sword 4 could have an evade frame, and sword 5 something with immobilize and big power dmg

• 2 weeks later...

@Obtena.7952 said:I love the idea of a longbow ... like some kind of life sucking ranged concept, similar to how DH VoJ works? You tether someone, they loss HP maybe? I guess, like dagger, but ranged ... haven't really thought it through.

I made a necromancer vampire spec a while ago, You could check that and see if it’s similar to your idea as I am really hoping something like that happens. (Might have called it Vampire hunter at the time)