Server transfer costs after change

Ashantara.8731

@Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:They should open all , at least for 48h after a relink especially for the one that got no linked. It's a right of the player to play together with his /her friends

a) While this is what we all want, there are other things to consider, such as overall populationb) The right can be realized by all friends transferring to a less populated server

As for transfer costs being waived? As this act always messes up the already existing messed-up balancing even more, I say no to this. As it is, transfer cost to a medium populated server is already pretty low - 500 gems, currently around 156 gold. You can earn that easily over 8 weeks. Alone through the dailies you get 112 gold.

@nthmetal.9652 said:

@Duca di Ebonhawke.1045 said:They should open all , at least for 48h after a relink especially for the one that got no linked. It's a right of the player to play together with his /her friends

a) While this is what we all want, there are other things to consider, such as overall populationb) The right can be realized by all friends transferring to a less populated server

As for transfer costs being waived? As this act always messes up the already existing messed-up balancing even more, I say no to this. As it is, transfer cost to a medium populated server is already pretty low - 500 gems, currently around 156 gold. You can earn that easily over 8 weeks. Alone through the dailies you get 112 gold.

Why a guild has to left a community where they are fine and in good relationships with other guilds ? People has the right to enjoy to play where they like. In this case the server that it has not linked are double penalized. We should move from an area where we have friends and enjoy to play . It's ANET that it has to grant and support communities instead of destroy.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@neven.3785 said:If anything, they should triple the cost or lock it completely a week before and atleast 2 weeks after

We were two servers that had been linked for ages, therefore we had many guilds that had players from both servers. Now we had to vote on which server we were going to play. That resulted in a kittenload of gold or RL money being paid for transfers.

I don't think this is fair. Your suggestion would have been even worse than what we are already dealing with (i.e., guilds falling apart, alliances falling apart).

That's the whole idea behind linking; getting money from transfers..

@Offair.2563 said:

@neven.3785 said:If anything, they should triple the cost or lock it completely a week before and atleast 2 weeks after

We were two servers that had been linked for ages, therefore we had many guilds that had players from both servers. Now we had to vote on which server we were going to play. That resulted in a kittenload of gold or RL money being paid for transfers.

I don't think this is fair. Your suggestion would have been even worse than what we are already dealing with (i.e., guilds falling apart, alliances falling apart).

That's the whole idea behind linking; getting money from transfers..

Yeah, an opinion no wvw player would ever share who has had dead matchups in the past.

So after completly making national server irrelevant due to this spicy new thinggy... yes it would be fair to give everyone who is now mixed with other language servers a free server trans.... but it wouldn't matter, all Ger Servers for example are linked with EN/FR Servers and Kodash is still "full" (lul btw).

The current changes (which only affect EU) aren't the ones you need for free transfers.

For free transfers:1) transfers should be restricted to 1 week in 2 month namely the week before relink.2) the transfers must have immediate consequences for world population

This way, people can freely transfer where they want to be, but, the linking can create balanced matches afterwards, which cannot be imbalanced by transfers.