Can I pay money to have Core Swap in PvE Maps?

@yann.1946 said:Can't you already swap utilities for free? What is it i'm not understanding for this question?

Theres an event going on right now from July 5th to the 12th that allows you to swap utilities for other classes when you finish off foes. So for example a warrior could have Guardian utilities.

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

@yann.1946 said:Can't you already swap utilities for free? What is it i'm not understanding for this question?

Theres an event going on right now from July 5th to the 12th that allows you to swap utilities for other classes when you finish off foes. So for example a warrior could have Guardian utilities.

Ah, now it makes a lot more sense:)

I would be against this as it would be quite pay to win.

@yann.1946 said:

pay to win in what? It's not in a competitive game mode.

@Dayra.7405 said:

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:Title says it all. It could be under Novelty. I'd pay 2000 gems for a novelty item that allowed you to change utilities to a certain class in PvE maps only (not raids / dungeons / Fractals)

How should that work, i.e. how do you kill other classes in PvE to get their core?

Well introduce more npcs with the cores we got charr elementalist, engineers, warrior and theives, ogre rangers, for example just need some more necros, guardians, mesmers,

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:Title says it all. It could be under Novelty. I'd pay 2000 gems for a novelty item that allowed you to change utilities to a certain class in PvE maps only (not raids / dungeons / Fractals)

It would be interesting as a way to add the GW1's secondary professions to the game.

We would be able to pick a core profession and, from that core profession, have access to:

• Healing skills
  • Utility skills
  • Elite skills

NO ACCESS to traits or weapon skills or profession mechanics, or specialization skills

So, for example, a necromancer would be able to choose guardian as it secondary profession, and so access core guardian's healing, utility and elite skills. No access to Virtues, to guardian's weapon skills or to guardian's trait lines (and no access to anything related to the dragonhunter or the firebrand).

Without access to the secondary professions' traits, the skills would be weaker than they can be for the main profession (our necromancer would have no access to the guardian trait that make meditations heal on cast, for example), which would work to keep this system balanced.

It would be a nice way to increase build options in the game. Of course, this would have to be released as part of an expansion or feature pack, not something sold on the Gem Store.

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

@"yann.1946" said:Can't you already swap utilities for free? What is it i'm not understanding for this question?

Oh?There was no announcement, and there's nothing in the news and information tab.. (patch notes)Another "Be there or miss it" event

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@"yann.1946" said:Can't you already swap utilities for free? What is it i'm not understanding for this question?

Oh?There was no announcement, and there's nothing in the news and information tab.. (patch notes)Another "Be there or miss it" event

I checked and they gave information on their website.https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/coming-soon-wvw-core-swap-special-event/

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

Have you ever seen the event messages in the top right of the screen?

You can see dragon bash and above that it says about the wvw core swap.

Every event they have has the messages like this in the top right.

You can click to expand for a little more info.

If you need more info than that, time to head to the web.

It could be interesting as a mastery.

There could be some sort of shrine or object you can use to get the special action key. That way it would be possible to control where it can be used.

As a novelty it would be rather broken as it would allow using it anywhere and force devs to consider them for every map, unless they disabled it in WvW and raids like they do with many novelties already.

By making it a mastery they can limit where it can be used and make sure the content can handle it.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Have you ever seen the event messages in the top right of the screen?

You can see dragon bash and above that it says about the wvw core swap.

Every event they have has the messages like this in the top right.

You can click to expand for a little more info.

If you need more info than that, time to head to the web.

Yea, i saw it today..i don't know why i didn't notice it before...(I mean the wvw event thing, i could've sworn i only saw dragon bash and stampede until yesterday.. .. weird..)

@yann.1946 said:

It is P2W as elite specs are P2W. I expect:

1) Wither you can acquire a trait line or not, I expect it to be limited to be an elite line. Meaning, you cannot equip it and equip an elite line at the same time. Obliviously, you can equip only one sub class at a time.2) I expect it will be open only in solo PvE, in the beginning. It is hard to predict the impact. Essentially, we are adding the equivalent of 9 elites line for every class. There could be a ton of overpowered synergies that we cannot predict. After a while, it could essentially be available in all PvE content, then WvW. By design, I do not think this would work in sPvP.3) Similar to hero points, I expect there would be a new system, where you would earn points, kinda similar to hero points. Probably mastery points.

Overall, outside of unexpected synergies (which should be figured out and quashed), it should not be stronger than regular elites.