Free Transfer (with purchase of both expansions)? - RESOLVED

@"FiQYuU.9637" said:Hi, I just bought the expansion and I live in Australia. .When I"ve made the account I lived in Germany.. so my account is EU. I heard I get a free transfer with buying the expansions. But it says I have to pay 500 diamonds to transfer. Is there anywhere an item I have to claim?

The rule is: "when free accounts upgrade to a full account they receive a free transfer." If you started with core or HoT and bought PoF, you wouldn't get a free transfer.If you played F2P from Germany, and you just bought PoF (or HoT), you might have to wait 4-5 days for your account to fully "vest" (i.e. while banks and payment vendors verify that it's really you spending your money, not some pretender). That seems to be what happened with the original poster.

I've bought GW2 before it was f2p.. but 1 year ago I started again when it was f2p.. so I should get the free transfer. Even if not I think I still should be able to get a free transfer. I bought GW2 back then anyways.. Why I have to buy diamonds to transfer now.. that would be pretty unfair

well, I guess I wait now a couple of days.. can't play it anyways with 450 ping... really annoying.. might just get a refund and make a new account and then buy it again so I can be NA.... so annoying. it's just an lvl13 character but this char has now my items for buying the expansions... -,-back to another game again I guess....

@"FiQYuU.9637" said:I've bought GW2 before it was f2p..then no, you won't get a free transfer; you already own what's commonly referred to as 'core', a paid account

Even if not I think I still should be able to get a free transfer.I mean, in a grand sense of "fairness," sure, perhaps everyone's first transfer should be free or players returning after >12 months absence should get a free transfer.In terms of the rules in place since the game launched and the ones added since F2P went live, no.

Why I have to buy diamonds to transfer now.. that would be pretty unfairUnfortunately, it costs ANet money to provide the systems that enable transfers to be painless on our end. They also want to discourage people from moving.

And perhaps most importantly, it only matters for WvW: the biggest reason people transfer is to bandwagon to a winning team, and it would be better for the game if people stayed spread out.

I'm not against ANet changing the rules for "returning" players; I also feel it's fair to them to charge gems for a transfer, especially since we can convert gold to gems to avoid RL costs.

On the plus side: the gold:gem ratio is pretty low right now, relative to what it's been most of the year.

@"FiQYuU.9637" said:Hi, I just bought the expansion and I live in Australia. .When I"ve made the account I lived in Germany.. so my account is EU. I heard I get a free transfer with buying the expansions. But it says I have to pay 500 diamonds to transfer. Is there anywhere an item I have to claim?

You can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and discuss the issue with them (about moving). You never know, they may offer you a transfer.Barring that, you can always delete your character(s) and transfer at no cost. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Home_world

Good luck.