Easy and versatile class for raids

I want to get started in raids, i tried once with staff Ele, but due to its squishness and my lack of knowledge on raids caused me to die often. My rotation was good, but i felt like too focused on the rotation to keep up the numbers and failed to pay attention on boss mechanics.By checking on snowcrows website, i saw that most builds arent good for all bosses.So, is there a build with a easy rotation that i can use for at least most of the wings ?

I know its not dps but have you tried healer druid? Its almost always needed and apart from going into CA to give might it doesn't really have a rotation. If you really want a dps try Banner Warrior. Its always needed and condi banner berserker is meta in like 80% of the bosses (with the rest of the 20% being at least decent)

And to be honest, although i love it, staff ele is kinda the hardest rotation in the entire game and completly reliant on your team for boons

Thief (Daredevil/Deadeye) - very easy rotation, power dps, fine for bosses which benefit power builds

Guardian (Dragonhunter) - easy rotation, power dps, meta on some bosses which benefit power (though tehcnically only better than thief if the raid is very fast, which you will likely not be with beginner raids)

Ranger (Condition Soulbeast) - not a meta condi build but sufficient on most bosses which benefit condi. Great as condition damage alternative to your power dps

Ranger (Power Soulbeast) - great power dps if you want to stick to 1 class for dps.

Necromancer (Power Reaper) - easy rotation (hard to master), will perform adequatly on power bosses, somewhat tankier against normal damage compared to other builds (though your damage will suffer)

@leunamsil.6742 said:I know its not dps but have you tried healer druid? Its almost always needed and apart from going into CA to give might it doesn't really have a rotation. If you really want a dps try Banner Warrior. Its always needed and condi banner berserker is meta in like 80% of the bosses (with the rest of the 20% being at least decent)

And to be honest, although i love it, staff ele is kinda the hardest rotation in the entire game and completly reliant on your team for boons

I avoid being a healer/tanker because i feel if i make a mistake i'll screw the whole group xDI might give warrior a shot

@Cyninja.2954 said:Thief (Daredevil/Deadeye) - very easy rotation, power dps, fine for bosses which benefit power builds

Guardian (Dragonhunter) - easy rotation, power dps, meta on some bosses which benefit power (though tehcnically only better than thief if the raid is very fast, which you will likely not be with beginner raids)

Ranger (Condition Soulbeast) - not a meta condi build but sufficient on most bosses which benefit condi. Great as condition damage alternative to your power dps

Ranger (Power Soulbeast) - great power dps if you want to stick to 1 class for dps.

Necromancer (Power Reaper) - easy rotation (hard to master), will perform adequatly on power bosses, somewhat tankier against normal damage compared to other builds (though your damage will suffer)

So If i want to do all bosses i need to have 2 specs ? 1 for condi and another for power ?Are power specs too underwhelming for bosses that benefits condi specs and vice-versa ?

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Thief (Daredevil/Deadeye) - very easy rotation, power dps, fine for bosses which benefit power builds

So If i want to do all bosses i need to have 2 specs ? 1 for condi and another for power ?Are power specs too underwhelming for bosses that benefits condi specs and vice-versa ?

Exactly.

@spectrito.8513 said:I want to get started in raids, i tried once with staff Ele, but due to its squishness and my lack of knowledge on raids caused me to die often. My rotation was good, but i felt like too focused on the rotation to keep up the numbers and failed to pay attention on boss mechanics.Staff weeber has been nerfed a lot and combined with how sensitive rotation it has, it's usually not a good choice for raiding atm unless you're really (exceptionally) good at it.By checking on snowcrows website, i saw that most builds arent good for all bosses.SC's build viability is determined by how useful they are for speedclearing. Often builds are at least decent enough to score a kill in training/pug raids as long as they're not marked as totally inefficient. Green means it's good for the boss, yellow is decent and red means it can do if you don't have anything better available but it's far from best choice.So, is there a build with a easy rotation that i can use for at least most of the wings ?You'll need a power build for KC+CA and condibuild for Largos. You'll also need a ranged build for not-so-experienced Deimos squads.Easiest to gear and with somewhat simple rotations would be guardian as you can buy berserker's gears for power DH/quickbrand build and carrion's gears (balthazar's runes+smoldering sigil for burn duration) for cheap condi firebrand 'til you get viper's.Power reaper is rather easy to play if you learn the rotation and it's very forgiving if things go wrong. Condi scourge has priority-based gameplay, it has superb dps uptime and epi also makes it meta for some bosses but you'll need to farm viper's gears for it. Necro does have lowest dps potential, but its easiness and forgiveness makes it decent choice for raiding.

I'd suggest power soulbeast;slb is somewhat flexible, as both condi and power get a "free" utility slot (vulture stance, dps loss is barely noticable outside of the highest percentiles) which allows slb to bring spirits (and rarely other niche skills for training only), freeing up the druid's utilities. As condi slb i sometimes put even a small CC in that slot if it's a boss with CC mechanics and the group is slow on it. there might be a few other builds with this quality though, i just really like slb builds. both condi and power have relatiely speaking simple rotations,

power i think would be easier for newer people to access; when it comes to condi, you need viper's gear or your dps is shot. but for power, there IS alternative stats you can take while you're still getting all your gear the right stats and adjusting to glass cannon-ness. secondly, some bosses are better done with power or condi builds depending on their mechanics and attacks, that said, if you have to have one OR the other, i'd go with power simply because the bosses that prefer power in my experience cause a MUCH more dramatic dps loss for condition builds, than bosses that condi builds excel at will "punish" power builds.

@"Lexi.1398" said:I'd suggest power soulbeast;slb is somewhat flexible, as both condi and power get a "free" utility slot (vulture stance, dps loss is barely noticable outside of the highest percentiles) which allows slb to bring spirits (and rarely other niche skills for training only), freeing up the druid's utilities. As condi slb i sometimes put even a small CC in that slot if it's a boss with CC mechanics and the group is slow on it. there might be a few other builds with this quality though, i just really like slb builds. both condi and power have relatiely speaking simple rotations,

power i think would be easier for newer people to access; when it comes to condi, you need viper's gear or your dps is shot. but for power, there IS alternative stats you can take while you're still getting all your gear the right stats and adjusting to glass cannon-ness. secondly, some bosses are better done with power or condi builds depending on their mechanics and attacks, that said, if you have to have one OR the other, i'd go with power simply because the bosses that prefer power in my experience cause a MUCH more dramatic dps loss for condition builds, than bosses that condi builds excel at will "punish" power builds.

Kitty was busy when writing previous comment and she forgot to mention ranger, yush.Ranger has 3 popular options for raiding: condi soulbeast, power soulbeast and heal/boon druid. Power soulbeast is easiest to gear since you can once again buy the berserker's gears for it. Rotation-wise, however, it's not exactly the easiest as some skills have a long cast and are thus easy to interrupt (Kitty really hates every time she accidentally interrupts one of the nukes). Power soulbeast also isn't exactly easy to play but you can do well enough by learning how to burst on it for KC and CA and otherwise play mostly condi soulbeast as shortbow condi soulbeast is super-easy to play.Condi soulbeast requires viper's gears to be most effective, yush, but there's also a cheap carrion's variation (krait runes, rare veggie pizza and agony+malice sigils for condiduration) to get started. Condi shortbow soulbeast has one of the easiest gameplays as it's literally "spam stuff off-CD" and it also has superb dps uptime due to being a ranged build (though having range doesn't mean you should go kiting all the time as you can't get boons and heals if you don't stack!).And then there's also druid. Unless you're pro at it, it's recommendable to get close to 100% boon duration on druid to be able to keep up might and fury (as well as other boons) properly. Druid isn't super-difficult to play either (though you need to learn various things they need to do to deal with the mechs on various bosses) and Kitty can condense basics of druid booning into a few phrases (Warning: druid lesson incoming!):

1. Start combat in staff and swap to X+wh asap to trigger Quick Draw and use Call of the Wild. Then enter CA, use 432-spirit actives-4 and exit CA. Use Call of the Wild again. This gets the boons rolling quickly.
  2. Then, enter CA 432(4) and exit as often as possible to keep up the might. If you'll need to burst-heal soon, you can delay it a few seconds but don't delay it for more than 5ish seconds max.
  3. Use Call of the Wild whenever you can to keep up fury, swiftness and regen. If Call of the Wild goes on long cooldown, swap to staff for more heals for about 20 seconds (includes possible CA during those 20 seconds) and swap to x+wh around the time when Call of the Wild is available again. If you have good timing, that weapon swap triggers Quick Draw before you use Call of the Wild which means an extra Call of the Wild. If CotW doesn't get shorter cooldown from Quick-Draw due to bad timing or something, don't panic as it sometimes happens. Back to staff in that case.
  4. Use spirit active skills off-CD to keep up vigor and stuff....oops, Kitty accidentally wrote yet another short guide. But it's needed anyway so...