Anet back in Silent Mode

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Lets stop kidding ourselves. The expectations of getting mountain size content in a f2p game needs to stop. I get it we are jealous that games like ff14 and WoW seem to have so much going on but the reason for that is the subscription. We get very little in the content department so what can they possibly say to get us excited. Nothing IMO.

Except it's not a f2p game since we bought expacs/LW/gems, so I think we should be able to expect reasonably frequent new content and updates for that money paid.

Your expectations are set too high. A 1 time purchase is not gonna put this game in the category you want it to be. The guaranteed money from a sub is what is needed to get that constant and consistant stream of meaty updates. Sure the gem store is nice but you dont need real money to acquire anything off it, thanks to the ability to convert. This game is in category of its own and people need to stop placing it as the same tier of MMO as the big 3, which all have a sub, cash shop and most importantly way more players. I love this game too and wish anet had that big kitten budget, but the truth of the matter is, it doesnt.

There are f2p games with meatier and more consistent updates that dont require 1 time purchases.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Anything Anet would say would not be specific enough and they would be derided to no end. Or, if they were specific, they would be blasted for failing to follow through on exactly what was said.

We forum-goers can be a brutal bunch of kittens.

So, I believe that it is safer for them to be extremely selective about the timing and wording of any announcements or other comments made in these parts.

The purpose of forums is to discuss things, and that includes negative as well as positive feedback.

+1

@"Alyster.9470" said:I appreciate the new events and stuff that has been going around, but can we FINALLY have something that states more than "there will be season 5"?

You mean this post wasn't enough to tell us that there's a lot of things they're working on? Sure it's 3 months old now, but we've been steadily getting those items, and they're not even halfway through yet. So maybe, just maybe they're not telling us because they're still working through that list.

They're not going to present a list of 10 things and once they get through #2 tell us a new list of 10 things. That's just a waste of everyone's time because eight of those items will be the same.

Since that "what's next" post, we've basically been getting something new to do every other or every third week. And ArenaNet announces these things a week or two beforehand on top of all that.

So it isn't like we're lacking content, and it isn't like they're dead silent.

When Dragon Bash ends on the 15th, we'll likely see the addition of something new, which we'll no doubt hear about this coming Tuesday or Thursday.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Alyster.9470" said:I appreciate the new events and stuff that has been going around, but can we FINALLY have something that states more than "there will be season 5"?

You mean
wasn't enough to tell us that there's a lot of things they're working on? Sure it's 3 months old now, but we've been steadily getting those items, and they're not even halfway through yet. So maybe, just maybe they're not telling us because they're still working through that list.

They're not going to present a list of 10 things and once they get through #2 tell us a new list of 10 things. That's just a waste of everyone's time because eight of those items will be the same.

Since that "what's next" post, we've basically been getting something new to do every other or every third week. And ArenaNet announces these things a week or two beforehand on top of all that.

When Dragon Bash ends on the 15th, we'll likely see the addition of something new, which we'll no doubt hear about this coming Tuesday or Thursday.

There is pretty much nothing new that we didn't k ow already.... that roadmap (if that is what we want to call it) was nothing more than a PR headliner after the layoffs to help retain players through a tough patch.As for getting things every few weeks... WB and Meta rush events are not new content just some new loot boxes ... all of which was met with just as much silly RNG and glaringly obvious performance issues. Splashing a mail to our inbox and putting a UI note on the screen is not content when those same events are already in game. Yeah Dragon Bash was nice to see return and yeah it's made Hoelbrack seem busy again for a few weeks but it's nothing more than a grind fest pushed to try and keep players in game a bit longer and hopefully buy more gems in order to obtain those silly jorbreaker numbers.... newsflash - it's not been done for our benefit.And then we're back into summer season event rotations... ooh and the thrill a minute WWW core swap rubbish.To me ANET are seemingly preparing the game to run much like they did with GW1 on an autopilot hence nothing is being mentioned or announced beyond what we already know ... let's all hope that isn't all we can expect.

I have said on another thread I believe and it had been said here that we are currently In the summer Holiday period, which starts a while earlier than the UK at least (still 2 weeks till school finishes) and therefore, along with July the 4th they have been taking their vacay. (I expect)I have no idea WHY some of you can't wait and show some patience. It's no different when we head to Halloween/ Christmas. We get an event and they get their time away.If we were still wondering, say 6 months down the line what's going on then fine. Have a moan.Content doesn't magically appear just because you want it. Nor does a break form anything suddenly mean the game has gone auto.shakes head

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

You mean
wasn't enough to tell us that there's a lot of things they're working on? Sure it's 3 months old now, but we've been steadily getting those items, and they're not even halfway through yet. So maybe, just maybe they're not telling us because they're still working through that list.

There is pretty much nothing new that we didn't k ow already.... that roadmap (if that is what we want to call it) was nothing more than a PR headliner after the layoffs to help retain players through a tough patch.As for getting things every few weeks... WB and Meta rush events are not new content just some new loot boxes ... all of which was met with just as much silly RNG and glaringly obvious performance issues. Splashing a mail to our inbox and putting a UI note on the screen is not content when those same events are already in game. Yeah Dragon Bash was nice to see return and yeah it's made Hoelbrack seem busy again for a few weeks but it's nothing more than a grind fest pushed to try and keep players in game a bit longer and hopefully buy more gems in order to obtain those silly jorbreaker numbers.... newsflash - it's not been done for our benefit.And then we're back into summer season event rotations... ooh and the thrill a minute WWW core swap rubbish.To me ANET are seemingly preparing the game to run much like they did with GW1 on an autopilot hence nothing is being mentioned or announced beyond what we already know ... let's all hope that isn't all we can expect.

It seems you just conflating things you don't like with things that don't give content. What is content for you and how much do you think is a good pace?

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:You mean this post wasn't enough to tell us that there's a lot of things they're working on?

Everything in the "The Next Few Months" paragraph is already out.

Sure it's 3 months old now, but we've been steadily getting those items, and they're not even halfway through yet.

We haven't got anything from the "future" paragraphs yet.

@yann.1946 said:

You mean

It seems you just conflating things you don't like with things that don't give content. What is content for you and how much do you think is a good pace?

No im not.. i didnt say anything about not enjoying any content.. with the exception of my throw away comment "www core swap rubbish" which is wholey aimed at the shambles that has been made of it withball the exploit abuse its caused... go read about it.As for the actual point I made... there is nothing new about meta or WB rushes it's just ANET overhype to encourage players to keep logging in... I acknowledged dragon bash as a welcomed reintro of the event and placing it in Hoelbrack has made the map feel fresh again for a short while.So no, not conflating anything merely stating my opinion based on fact... unless of course you play a version of GW2 that does not have all those same WB's or the same meta events or a www core swap that isn't being openly exploited and abused.

EDIT - As for how much and pace... go read up no this thread and I think I already answered that... I think anets content cadence is absolutely fine... I enjoy the LW content that comes out bugs and all... in fact I have openlybstated many times on these forums I would not be displeased to see the cadence pushed back a little if it meant content could be be better tested or feel less rushed at times..... but that's the point the current stuff being pushed out is not new content except a little note in the UI and a heavy weighted RNG lolbag (yes a LoLbag) that is full of stuff already in game...Hoelbrack redesign is at least something that has had some genuine dev effort put into it though.

I'm a bored player too. But changes to WvW and PvP wont excite me. I'm strictly a PvE player... I'm mostly bored of the current professions and elite specs. Nee elite specs would give me quite a bit to do for quite a while. But nee Dungeons would be nice since I'm also bored of fractals and Raids...

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:There is pretty much nothing new that we didn't k ow already.... that roadmap (if that is what we want to call it) was nothing more than a PR headliner after the layoffs to help retain players through a tough patch.

Well, I dunno what insider knowledge you have access to, but when that post came out, all but the LW and raid stuff was pretty much new to me in the PvE side of things.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:As for getting things every few weeks... WB and Meta rush events are not new content just some new loot boxes ... all of which was met with just as much silly RNG and glaringly obvious performance issues. Splashing a mail to our inbox and putting a UI note on the screen is not content when those same events are already in game. Yeah Dragon Bash was nice to see return and yeah it's made Hoelbrack seem busy again for a few weeks but it's nothing more than a grind fest pushed to try and keep players in game a bit longer and hopefully buy more gems in order to obtain those silly jorbreaker numbers.... newsflash - it's not been done for our benefit.

"We got new content but it isn't content!" is basically what you're saying.

Content by definition is in technicality anything playable added to the game. And that would include a community event to showcase timer changes or release of new weapon skins.

And I'd consider six scavenger hunt events, or a raid + 10 weapon skins, etc. to be more than "just some new loot boxes". As to Dragon Bash - I wouldn't call it a grind fest at all, either. Not unless you want it to be and choose to grind it, but that goes for any content. And you'd be a true dumbass to buy gems to get jorbreakers given how cheap they are and how few you actually need...

And newsflash, technically speaking, none of the game is "has been done for our benefit" - no more than the rest of the game.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:To me ANET are seemingly preparing the game to run much like they did with GW1 on an autopilot hence nothing is being mentioned or announced beyond what we already know ... let's all hope that isn't all we can expect.

Arguable. And irrelevant.

I always laugh at the doom and gloom posts. What do we want MOAR! When do we want it NOW! We want Transparency and a 5 year road map to every future update!

No matter what any company does with a game this big that has many different things that they could update will never be able please everyone. I just enjoy watching the ebb and flow of the knee jerk reactions to every update this game brings. I guess in this case the lack of update.

While I am not happy with everything all the time I am still very pleased that they are trying. That's really all I can ask for.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:There is pretty much nothing new that we didn't k ow already.... that roadmap (if that is what we want to call it) was nothing more than a PR headliner after the layoffs to help retain players through a tough patch.

Well, I dunno what insider knowledge you have access to, but when that post came out, all but the LW and raid stuff was pretty much new to me in the PvE side of things.Many of the other things were already mentioned before. Some even date back to the infamous blog post in the first year of the game some people blame for the lack of communication today.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:To me ANET are seemingly preparing the game to run much like they did with GW1 on an autopilot hence nothing is being mentioned or announced beyond what we already know ... let's all hope that isn't all we can expect.

Arguable. And irrelevant.In many ways that is very relevant. I mean, i do understand why Anet would not want such an info to get out if it was true, but for the precisely the same reason in the same situation i'd very like to hear it as soon as possible.A game for whom maintenance mode is already being planned is not a game i would want to devote too much effort to, because it would be a lost case.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Bloodstealer.5978" said:There is pretty much nothing new that we didn't k ow already.... that roadmap (if that is what we want to call it) was nothing more than a PR headliner after the layoffs to help retain players through a tough patch.

Well, I dunno what insider knowledge you have access to, but when that post came out, all but the LW and raid stuff was pretty much new to me in the PvE side of things.Many of the other things were already mentioned before. Some even date back to the infamous blog post in the first year of the game some people blame for the lack of communication today.

Not sure which things you're talking about that were mentioned back in 2013. Back then, not even build templates were mentioned by ArenaNet, nor chef 500. And I'm fairly sure (but not 100% confident) that the other specifics like 500 jeweler or PvP/WvW "festivals" weren't mentioned either.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Bloodstealer.5978" said:To me ANET are seemingly preparing the game to run much like they did with GW1 on an autopilot hence nothing is being mentioned or announced beyond what we already know ... let's all hope that isn't all we can expect.

Arguable. And irrelevant.In many ways that is very relevant. I mean, i do understand why Anet would not want such an info to get out if it was true, but for the precisely the same reason in the same situation i'd very like to hear it as soon as possible.A game for whom maintenance mode is already being planned is not a game i would want to devote too much effort to, because it would be a lost case.

It's irrelevant because with Season 5 confirmed we have at least a year's worth of non-maintenance, and if Season 5 follows the same duration (that being of just 6 episodes) then it's not long enough to introduce and solve a plot in typical ArenaNet style that lasts half a decade (I mean, we just now finished the Glint's Legacy plot we began with Season 1 in summer 2013). The things that's being touted as "maintenance mode preparations" was stated to be to help quell those complaints about no content between those 2-3 months of LW releases. And it's the very same people who complained about no content that these community events are created for, that are proclaiming it's the harbinger of the end of GW2.

@Tiviana.2650 said:I dont honestly think there will be another expansion, and thats okay if they pace content right. They could in theory add in new maps/raids/stories/even classes or races without an expansion. Just drop them in patches as we go along.

That will innevitably cause burn out for ppl that wont come back unless for a large shake up which argueably is what expacs do.

I thought it was confirmed that they were going into S5, so we therefore know what is coming next, just a question of when Season 5 will launch?

But that also leaves the following unanswered:

Will they launch Gen 3 legendaries with it?New Fractal?Cooking and Jewelcrafting to 500?

@zealex.9410 said:

@Tiviana.2650 said:I dont honestly think there will be another expansion, and thats okay if they pace content right. They could in theory add in new maps/raids/stories/even classes or races without an expansion. Just drop them in patches as we go along.

That will innevitably cause burn out for ppl that wont come back unless for a large shake up which argueably is what expacs do.

Im not understanding, if they arent playing until a xpack then how are they getting burned out? I think a steady pace is better than a big drop, but maybe thats because i dont play that fast or for long times.

I've been saying so for so long and no one ever agreed with me. I'm happy someone finally sees the light.They give us nothing but reused things from years ago... and people still call that "new content" which just makes me wanna spoon my eyes out so I never have to read that again. They probably don't have 14k+ hours like I do so they don't feel my pain.I wish they'd just sit down for a while and add tons of ACTUAL new things to do. They even make proper different looking enemies in raids yet open world/pve literally gets already existing enemies just colored differently.Hairstyles were datamined 3+ years ago, and they are not releasing any of them. There's a big thread going on about wanting new hairs, faces .. etc. not just colors. And adding hairs would give them tons of irl money.

But I'm so glad that they think adding bunch of chairs to gemstore is more worth than anything listed above....

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:I thought it was confirmed that they were going into S5, so we therefore know what is coming next, just a question of when Season 5 will launch?

But that also leaves the following unanswered:

Will they launch Gen 3 legendaries with it?New Fractal?Cooking and Jewelcrafting to 500?

The last question was answered with a "yes, unless something unexpected happens", basically. We also know they plan to go at LEAST to 25 unique fractals. Whether they go past that is unclear. So we have 5 fractals still to come, bare minimum.

OP are complaining about not knowing the roadmap of 2021, basically. They want to know what comes after Season 5. And others want expansion-level content and want it now and a month from now and a month after that and a month after that.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

Im not understanding, if they arent playing until a xpack then how are they getting burned out? I think a steady pace is better than a big drop, but maybe thats because i dont play that fast or for long times.

They get burned out on lw and they dont see the incentive to come back for it. Have friends who jumped in with pof played like an episode or 2 the decided to go play smth else, these ppl wont really look at gw2 unless fuss is created which generally speaking is what expacs do.

Plus for someone like u how content drops is irrelevant since said content doesnt become out geared or out lvled neither its leaving after a while.

@"MetalGirl.2370" said:I've been saying so for so long and no one ever agreed with me. I'm happy someone finally sees the light.They give us nothing but reused things from years ago... and people still call that "new content" which just makes me wanna spoon my eyes out so I never have to read that again. They probably don't have 14k+ hours like I do so they don't feel my pain.I wish they'd just sit down for a while and add tons of ACTUAL new things to do. They even make proper different looking enemies in raids yet open world/pve literally gets already existing enemies just colored differently.Hairstyles were datamined 3+ years ago, and they are not releasing any of them. There's a big thread going on about wanting new hairs, faces .. etc. not just colors. And adding hairs would give them tons of irl money.

But I'm so glad that they think adding bunch of chairs to gemstore is more worth than anything listed above....

Personally im sick of fashion wars, i rather they add actual things to do and content, than paywalls for barbie dress up. This game had a lot of promise but once you get into it you see there is no interest in doing much more than the daily and standing around LA in your latest store bought outfit. The gem store appears to be the end game here, and im not about to play that.

@"Bloodstealer.5978" said:There is pretty much nothing new that we didn't k ow already.... that roadmap (if that is what we want to call it) was nothing more than a PR headliner after the layoffs to help retain players through a tough patch.

Not sure which things you're talking about that were mentioned back in 2013. Back then, not even build templates were mentioned by ArenaNet, nor chef 500. And I'm fairly sure (but not 100% confident) that the other specifics like 500 jeweler or PvP/WvW "festivals" weren't mentioned either.

@"Bloodstealer.5978" said:To me ANET are seemingly preparing the game to run much like they did with GW1 on an autopilot hence nothing is being mentioned or announced beyond what we already know ... let's all hope that isn't all we can expect.

It's irrelevant because with Season 5 confirmed we have at least a year's worth of non-maintenance, and if Season 5 follows the same duration (that being of just 6 episodes) then it's not long enough to introduce and solve a plot in typical ArenaNet style that lasts half a decade (I mean, we just now finished the Glint's Legacy plot we began with
Season 1
in summer 2013). The things that's being touted as "maintenance mode preparations" was stated to be to help quell those complaints about no content between those 2-3 months of LW releases. And it's the very same people who complained about no content that these community events are created for, that are proclaiming it's the harbinger of the end of GW2.

Well for my part at least your very wrong... I have never complained about no content .. in fact I have openly posted, as previously stated, that I would not be displeased to see ANET extend the cadence cycle both I it's original form and it's revised cycle I think somewhere around S2 maybe even S3.It is not about being harbingers of doom. It is very much about requesting ANET to lift it's veil of secrecy on the future of the game beyond that which we already know..Yes S5 gives us and ANET time, in fact with their uptick in lw cadence I would expect there to be closer to 18months of content delivery ahead of us still which includes perhaps some of those other features they have mentioned or are considering... though as we know time can be the killer or all things and it would not be suprisinging if some plans get changed along the way.After having to loose people and skills of the scale they have had too of late i would of thought it prudent to reinforce the future plans and directions of their only geniunely viable source of denarii (yes i know GW1 does still drip feeds into the business) but that has not materialised beyond what we already know.Sure plans to push some crafting disciplines to level out with others is nice to hear but it's hardly the kind of content that is going to grip the interest of players long term and certainly isn't going to entice new players in... which is why I said that whilst there is still a lw cadence in front of us nothing else is really known or being talked about. What we need is some real meat and potato kind of news to keep appetites wetted.Mini events, seasonal events whilst fun for a while are nothing more than auto pilot coding practices in reality much like they did with GW1 after the big news dropped back then ... this is why I feel the lack of anything, in any way solid beyond LW s5 and the influx of these little event runs has me thinking .. are they prepping the game for maintenance mode whilst working s5 and at the same time promoting them as genuine content fillers.. I am not convinced and as @Astralporing.1957 says ... it makes one consider whether it is now enough to justify further investment of ones time, effort and of course money.I am pretty sure there are others that share that same thought process throughout the playerbase.. we want to see the game keep progressing, keep providing us with that RL escape but we need ANET to throw out those bones and entice us to gourge on them, but thus far we only have a few breadcrumbs is all.