New weapons not locked behind E-Specs

DonArkanio.6419

For me its no. Why? Its simple - they want to create more trade offs, thats for example why they give core rev F2 skill. You gain something, but you also lose something. You love the weapon while e-spec not so much? Sorry, take it or leave it. What if they give you ability to equip and use any weapon? Next would be something like "hey, since we can use shield as mirage then why we cant use skills from chrono on mirage?". And with that we degrade e-spec to another core spec :P

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:It's a little surprising to see the NO votes ... and here we always see complaints about no new content, yet people jsut want new weapons and skills handed to them for nothing.

For me personally the "NO" is because having ESpec weapons available on Core would probably decrease the probability of them adding totally new weapons.So no I don't want this. I want Halberds, Whips, Crossbows and Javelins among others.Even if the chance for that is practically zero, I still won't accept a half-kitteneded solution like this to replace it.

I guess I'm guilty of imposing an idea here, slightly off topic and not explaining myself. When I read the title, I took it a certain way and ifgured this thread would be a good place to discuss it.

I'm in support of Anet adding a single new weapon type (Polearms for lack of a better example) available to EVERY class through some sort of epic quest, events, whatever ... It's not my intention to support the enabling of espec weapons to be played outside of the espec.

@Obtena.7952 said:I guess I'm guilty of imposing an idea here, slightly off topic and not explaining myself. When I read the title, I took it a certain way and ifgured this thread would be a good place to discuss it.

I'm in support of Anet adding a single new weapon type (Polearms for lack of a better example) available to EVERY class through some sort of epic quest, events, whatever ... It's not my intention to support the enabling of espec weapons to be played outside of the espec.

Thanks for clarifying. This I do agree with.

• 2 weeks later...

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:Every new expansion released coupled with balance patches will make it more stressful for the balance team than it already is.

Sorry, but where is this stress coming from again? The ones still there have ducked the layoffs. It isn't as though they actually have to worry about conversing with the community here. The least bit of negativity is censored out- again, not that they'd know because they don't have to interact here with anyone here. They just dump these changes on us every so often, without much testing it seems, and then say, 'Well done, us!' before shuffling off to whatever's next on their to-do list of ill-conceived and unwanted changes in the name of 'balance.'