Game does not launch anymore (Mac OS)

I am running GW2, or at least was, on Mac OS. Some time ago, the game stopped launching, it would literally do nothing when I double clicked on the shortcut on my desktop. Fast forward a couple of weeks, I tried to launch the game again and low and behold, it launched and I was playing once again. I was able to play for a couple of weeks but now, the day before yesterday, I am back to the game not launching. I double click the shortcut or the app icon itself and nothing really happens. I just get the GW2 icon appearing on the dock but then nothing. I've even let things sit for upwards of 30 min at this point to see if it finally loads but it never does.

Does anyone have any ides as to what might be causing this? My Mac is old granted, but since it was working a couple of days ago I have to assume it's something else. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Try this:

• open Activity Monitor (in Utilities folder on every Mac)
  • while in the CPU tab, type "guild" in the search box (without quotes)
  • if any processes are running for Guild Wars 2, select them, then click the X icon/button to force quit them

Sometimes a process may "hang" in the background even after you've quit an app and it's icon isn't showing in the Dock. If that has happened, already running processes can prevent a fresh restart of the app because the system thinks it's already "running."

May not be your issue, but it's easy to check, and it's faster than re-booting. This works for any app btw.