Can you make this Core Swap permanent?

Ryudnard.2587

@Lala.8752 said:this event is just useless, i don't understand why you like it

I can see solo players finding a use for it, or Necromancers, since their utilities tend to suck anyways ( :wink: ) but if you're in a large group, you tend to defeat players en masse, and you pick up orb after orb without even paying attention lol

I could see how this would be useful on some classes or specs, and the warrior bar has a couple good skills on it. But it's not something that would be useful for every classes or specs so in my opinion no it shouldn't be a permanent feature. Would only agree to it if the bar only provided one time use of the skills (and you can't reset it), or it provided one random skill from that class that also was only a one time use(and you can't reset it), basically making it feel like thieves steal.

I will say that this event reminds me of gw1's hybrid classes. I've always wanted to go Ele/War in gw2. Not quite the same, but I've had a lot of fun pretending that that's what this event was supposed to represent.

Unfortunately, the only way to get the core swap is to kill a player of a different class. Had some kind of broken combination been discovered, for example, Revenant with Thief utilities, that would've caused a massive focus on Thief roamers and zergers alike, so that all the Revs can pick up the Thief's skills, and then you get swept by the enemy squad.

Luckily that's not the case. But it absolutely could have been.

I do think it's a fun event, but I also agree it needs a little bit of fine-tuning before it can return again.