Mother of Dragons

I'm finally getting around to working on my Skyscale. So far, I feel like I've done a lot of work. Not necessarily hard work. Just a lot of it.

The time-gated stuff is rather annoying too, of course. I don't really get the point of that. But at least I've got something new to do for a little while.

We'll see if this little guy's still happy after I stick a bit in his mouth, jump onto his back, and make him go where I tell him to go. One thing I'm sure of: he'll grow up to look a lot different than he does now. (I already bought his adult skin).

yOYOe7l.jpg

No, no... the Skyscale is definitely a "he". I checked. Sometimes it can be confusing with flying reptiles, but I've slain and cleaned enough monsters in Tyria to know what I'm talking about. Gorrick suffers from the Asura problem of both genders looking pretty much alike. They aren't a terribly sexual race, and tend to ignore such things as irrelevant much of the time. He even suggested several names; Pat, Chris, Morgan, Alex, Tracy, Gail, Kelly, Marion, and Taylor... all of which are unisex. Although he also suggested "Skyler", which I actually think is pretty good.

@"Taygus.4571" said:the time gating is the least annoying part. But if bothers you, spend the time gathering map currency you'll need 250 from each LW4 map

Oooooooookay... yeah, I see that now.

My previous annoyance at excessive waste of time is merely a grain of sand on the beach, isn't it? Gathering that currency is gonna take awhile. Especially since I only have my one main character to farm those areas. (I can buy portal scrolls to get others there, but I need even MORE oddball currency for that. Maybe I can advertise in chat for a helpful individual who has the zones in question to let me party up and use Teleport to Friend for several of my characters).

THIS site has had useful tips: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/br8kjl/how_to_easily_obtain_season_4_currencies/

The first one - Kralkatite from Istan - was fast and easy. But the next one - Diflourite Crystals from Sandswept Isles - is dismaying. I stumbled upon a group event that lined my pockets with a fair number, but mining them from nodes is terrible! Sometimes you get two, sometimes one. But a LOT of the time, you get NO Diflourite from a Diflourite node. Especially underwater. I probably average ONE piece for every 5 nodes I harvest underwater. This CAN'T be "working as intended", can it? I mean, if I go to McDonald's Hamburgers and only one out of five has hamburgers, I'd say something was amiss.

Anybody have helpful hints not touched upon in that link? (The most helpful hint may have been "don't even bother working on the Skyscale", but it's too late for that bit of advice now. I'm committed. Never shoulda bought that skin in the Gem Store, but there are SO MANY things that take FOREVER to come back around once they disappear. I've been waiting probably half a year for a sale on Shared Inventory Slots ever since I decided I needed more. Never saw 'em come up in the daily March specials. If they can bring back Halloween stuff in July, they can bring back year-around, non-seasonal stuff a little more often).

@Hamfast.8719 said:

@"Taygus.4571" said:the time gating is the least annoying part. But if bothers you, spend the time gathering map currency you'll need 250 from each LW4 map

My previous annoyance at excessive waste of time is merely a grain of sand on the beach, isn't it? Gathering that currency is gonna take awhile. Especially since I only have my one main character to farm those areas. (I can buy portal scrolls to get others there, but I need even MORE oddball currency for that. Maybe I can advertise in chat for a helpful individual who has the zones in question to let me party up and use Teleport to Friend for several of my characters).

THIS site has had useful tips:

The first one - Kralkatite from Istan - was fast and easy. But the next one - Diflourite Crystals from Sandswept Isles - is dismaying. I stumbled upon a group event that lined my pockets with a fair number, but mining them from nodes is terrible! Sometimes you get two, sometimes one. But a LOT of the time, you get NO Diflourite from a Diflourite node. Especially underwater. I probably average ONE piece for every 5 nodes I harvest underwater. This CAN'T be "working as intended", can it? I mean, if I go to McDonald's Hamburgers and only one out of five has hamburgers, I'd say something was amiss.

Anybody have helpful hints not touched upon in that link? (The most helpful hint may have been "don't even bother working on the Skyscale", but it's too late for that bit of advice now. I'm committed. Never shoulda bought that skin in the Gem Store, but there are SO MANY things that take FOREVER to come back around once they disappear. I've been waiting probably half a year for a sale on Shared Inventory Slots ever since I decided I needed more. Never saw 'em come up in the daily March specials. If they can bring back Halloween stuff in July, they can bring back year-around, non-seasonal stuff a little more often).

You can buy lots of currency for jorbreakers in dragonsbash, the next worldboss event will give you 50 of each except mistborn motes (wich are the secondeasiest to obtain in my opinion) and you can buy daily from the dragonfall vendor

Also the scrolls can be usefull for the hard to obtain currencys as their is an fast hearth in most maps. so if you just have some volitile magic to spare its rather worth it although a little boring. :) I hope that helps

@Hamfast.8719 said:

Hearts is the best way really.

Its not too bad.Took me 3-4weeks to do the whole skyscale playing 1ish hours a day. I only brought other characters to the maps on the last couple of days because I could see I was sooo close.

For the most part, I used the one char. I farmed 2-3 of the easiest hearts in one map, gathered a couple of nodes than moved to the next map. Rather than doing one map currency at a time.

@yann.1946 said:

You can buy lots of currency for jorbreakers in dragonsbash, the next worldboss event will give you 50 of each except mistborn motes (wich are the secondeasiest to obtain in my opinion) and you can buy daily from the dragonfall vendor

I think you can only buy them weekly.

One thing's for sure... like the Griffon, I bet I'll feel more attachment to the Skyscale after all this work, whether I use him much in actual play or not. (But I promise, folks... I'll keep him HIGH UP and/or out of the way amongst crowds of other players. I know how annoying that flap-flap can be, especially when it's kicking up particle effect debris.)

• 2 weeks later...

How quickly they grow up!

I thought the Boss Rush would be a help, but it was a bust. Yeah, I got some needed Season 4 currencies, but they came so slow that I finished collecting what I needed BEFORE I got most of my event rewards.

I worked hard on the Rush at the beginning, but then I found that it didn't matter. People were getting the same rewards at the same rate for minimal participation. I was hoping that the harder I worked, the faster the rewards would arrive. But as crowded as the events were, and as fast as the Bosses went down, they were still achingly slow in coming. So thumbs down from me on their big "community participation" experiment. I prefer my rewards to be more in tune with my contributions. That way I feel more in control of my destiny, and more proud of my achievements.

0KgWRUN.jpg

Now that I've broken Skyler to the saddle, I think I'll enjoy exploring the heights; seeing how high we can get in different locations. Of course, MASTERY training begins now. I've got the Points... I just need to gain a few levels so I can spend 'em.