are fractals soloable?

You're better off using the LFG and especially as a new player. As far as I'm aware, the rewards don't scale based on the number of players with you so you don't gain anything from doing it solo other than the challenge of doing it. Keep in mind some fractals have mechanics which absolutely cannot be overcome without additional players.

Only a few of them, on T1, with very specific classes and builds.

The problem comes from the fact that fractals, unlike dungeons (except a few like CoE), require you to do multiple things at once, for example in Snowblind you must restock fires and also attack the crystal, and that is very difficult to do as only one person.

A few, like Underground, Swampland, Chaos, Shattered Observatory require nearly a full party, for mechanics reasons (you can't progress otherwise), While others like Twilight Oasis and Siren's Reef require nearly a full party for difficulty reasons.

As someone who has done it (I don't do PUGs due to anxiety), I don't recommend it. :p

You are able to solo some Fractals, but not all of them because some require specific mechanics to be done at the same time.Even so, those that can be done solo require a LOT of patience because bosses will be damage sponges (they are designed for 5 players)You can try Urban Battleground first, as it's by far the easiest to solo, to see if such long duration battles are to your liking.Uncategorized is another good option, there are multiple bosses before the last boss that you'll have to deal with, and test your patience.

It's possible to solo most of them if you have an exceptionally capable build but I would not advise it.

It would be a long and tedious process.. I know from experience soloing a few T1 and T2 back in the day, it's doable but definitely not worth it.Some fractals require team based mechanics to progress such as the Wisps in the Swamp Fractal and the Pressure pads in the Underground Facility Fractal so those Fractals cannot be solo'd normally.

Onces that I soloed are: (Note used a tanky Reaper Minion Master for all of them)Snowblind, can tank the debuff for a while on low levels.

Urban Battleground, Pretty easy except for the opening area.. need ranged weapon for Oil and to be tanky as hell.

Volcanic, Final boss requires lots of damage sources to depleate shield asap or he heals up so fast weapon and multi hit attacks are required.

Uncatagorized, Not too hard on T1, Old Tom and overwhelming poison can be a problem though but it's doable.

Thermanova, Before you had to fight Subject 6 this one was soloable with certain builds, might still be but i've never solo'd Subject 6 nor want to try.

Solid Ocean, Pretty easy one tbh, Projectile builds not so great though due to natural perma reflect on Colossi.. go super tanky for it.

Cliffside, (not fun..) Carrying the hammer, waiting for debuff to drop and running between the two swapping runes is a major PITA.. not recommended for solo but Possible.

Aetherblade, You'll need to be tanky and sustainy as hell for this one.. those beam walls hurt and you're going to get hit/pulled into them a lot.. you'll also need a build capable of dashing/blinking/teleporting to each of the consoles to disable the beam walls so this one is soloable but only to a handful of classes. (Used Flesh wurm TP)

Aquatic Ruins, Pretty easy one if you get the dark path, less so with dolphin path.. Final boss is more a tank so he's a complete pushover, so long as you have good AoE to deal with the summons he's little to no threat at all tbh.

Molten Boss, Back when it was just a boss fight.. pretty easy to solo with a tanky build.

Mai Trin Boss, She can stack an absolute ton of bleeding on you.. so long as you can counter that it's more of an endurance test than anything else.

I did this a good while ago though so take that into consideration.Game has had many updates since then, trait changes, nerfs and buffs even fractals have been changed a fair bit over the years since these solo runs were done.Some maybe easier to solo now, others harder.. either way I still wouldn't advise trying unless you are doing it purely for the personal challenge.It's far quicker and easier to just run with a pug group, but best of luck to you if you decide to try for solo.

• Like 1

@Hannelore.8153 said:Only a few of them, on T1, with very specific classes and builds.

The problem comes from the fact that fractals, unlike dungeons (except a few like CoE), require you to do multiple things at once, for example in Snowblind you must restock fires and also attack the crystal, and that is very difficult to do as only one person.

A few, like Underground, Swampland, Chaos, Shattered Observatory require nearly a full party, for mechanics reasons (you can't progress otherwise), While others like Twilight Oasis and Siren's Reef require nearly a full party for difficulty reasons.

As someone who has done it (I don't do PUGs due to anxiety), I don't recommend it. :p

uh?

do you even mesmer?

every fractal 1-100 (including 99 and 100 cm) can be, and have been solodyoutube

@melandru.3876 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:Only a few of them, on T1, with very specific classes and builds.

uh?

do you even mesmer?

every fractal 1-100 (including 99 and 100 cm) can be, and have been solod
youtube

Every fractal?

@melandru.3876 said:

uh?

do you even mesmer?

every fractal 1-100 (including 99 and 100 cm) can be, and have been solod
youtube

Can you give the link to a solo of underground facility? Sounds interesting.

@Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:I'm a new player, with 2 lvl 80s. i mostly do pvp and wvw, and am trying to get into pve content. how long would it take to solo a fractal, assuming it's even possible? if it's like 3 hours then i'll probably just resort to using LFG instead

I've soloed three of them.As mentioned above, the rewards do not scale so the only thing you really get out of it is bragging rights.As with this same question when it comes up regarding dungeons I will say this: Soloing this content is only rewarding as an ego thing. It's not lucrative and it is tedious and not nearly as much fun as just grabbing some more people .Soloing Urban Battleground took me a little over a half hour on a completely busted build. It's half that with even a mediocre group on T1

I think the following is correct.

• Aetherblade: traps can be disabled by combination of shadowsteps|teleports & condi cleanse; chrono makes it easy
  • Aquatic Ruins: no group mechanics
  • Captain Mai Trin Boss: no group mechanics
  • Chaos Isles: no group mechanics (used to be one; it was changed to make it solo-able)
  • Cliffside: tricky; breaking the seal at the torso level within the time limit requires some ability to move quickly between Right & Left; mesmer or some sort of portal
  • Deepstone:
  • Molten Boss: no group mechanics
  • Molten Furnace: no group mechanics
  • Nightmare: group mechanics can be soloed, with good footwork; CM has a DPS check, so I don't know that the whole thing can be (individual bosses can be for sure)
  • Shattered Observatory: marbles + DPS check & orbs + DPS check make it tricky, not impossible
  • Siren's Reef Fractal: group mechanics can be soloed by mesmer
  • Snowblind Fractal: no group mechanics
  • Solid Ocean Fractal: no group mechanics
  • Swampland Fractal: group mechanic requires teleports/ports, so tricky solo; can be done
  • Thaumanova Reactor Fractal: requires shadowsteps|teleports
  • Twilight Oasis Fractal: no group mechanics
  • Uncategorized Fractal: no group mechanics
  • Underground Facility Fractal: gated room can be done with two using a teleport; not sure about solo
  • Urban Battleground Fractal: no group mechanics
  • Volcanic Fractal: no group mechanics

(by "no group mechanics," I mean there's no mechanic that specifically needs multiple players)

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:ya I know someone who does solo solid ocean .. and collect loots with 4 others of his acc.

i dont have 4 other accounts, but yes, i solo T4 solid ocean :lol:

hence I dont want Anet make any changes to it, they can touch any other frac, not my solid ocean please!!!

I wanna leech lol jkSame as arah.. ppl solo it on daily.. but solid ocean probably easier to solo? I havent done and dont find motivation to try :p but solid ocean is my fav map as it is so original.. a map from the start of fractal.. lots of nice memory :)

I've soloed a few like aquatic, urban battlegrounds and snowblind on a hammer Rev so it doesn't really take a special build or anything. Knowing the mechanics and having good solo damage are probably the best items.

But yeah I would recommend just doing lfg daily fractals. Start the group and set lfg while soloing and eventually party will fill.