An attempt against boredom: More diverse daily achievments.

Most PvE areas feel empty and dead, especially in core Tyria. Daily event completer achievments seem to "revive" these areas for a day, everyone is running around doing events, the game feels populated. The daily puzzle and minidungeon achievments also push you to explore these small areas.

I see here a good oportunity to make the game feel more alive for lvl 80 players, by "reworking" daily achievments:

• The daily completionist achievment, rewarding completing 3 daily achivements, would still exist.
  • The daily vista viewer achievments would be reworked to require more than just one vista to complete, and would direct you to specific vistas instead of a general location. This would push people to see something different every day, instead of always going for the easyest vista to reach.
  • For each expansion and living world season, there would automatically always be at least one daily event completer or daily bounty hunter achievment. These would be in addition to the core Tyria daily achievments, as to reward people for playing expansion contents, without preventing core players from completing the daily completionist achievment.

What this aims to do is rewarding players for repopulating different maps and locations every day, without forcing them to do things they really don't like. Do you dislike vista viewer achievments because they are boring? You can still complete your daily completionist achievment by doing the daily event completer in core Tyria, the Heart of Maguuma and the Crystal Desert. Do you only have access to core Tyria or just like the way events currently are? You can still do it. And you are still rewarded with respective daily achievments, event after finishing the daily completionist.

Most players just rush through dailies anyways through map chat for events and mesmer ports for jumping puzzles. I don't think making them more complex will make players stay in maps any longer than they do now, as they would just switch to the next quickest and easiest dailies.

I personally would enjoy this change, specially if it made me go back to LS maps. As they are, either I need something from them (and farm their specific dailies until burning out /acquiring the item - hello Draconis Mons), or I don't visit it again.

I really enjoy how the daily takes me to different maps, including expansion maps, but am saddened that said listing doesn't include for the most part the LS maps.

Maybe it doesn't has to be tied to the daily, if there were were a daily achievement for completing x events on LS maps which also rewarded some AP/gold, I'd be all over it.

But really, I wish players had more reason to revisit "old" zones.

My solution against boredom is to do fewer dailies, not more. And I still can't find a map in the game that is underpopulated during peak periods. Between special events and festivals and various scavenger hunts, and updated rewards, people head all over now.

Because I don't agree with the premise, I can't see that the OP's suggestion will be a solution to anything.

I wish players had more reason to revisit "old" zones.Dailies aren't a sustainable reason; people get bored of them, no matter how interesting they might be at first.

I think ANet's been on the right track, by continually offering special events and scavenger hunts that give people an excuse to return.

The difficulty of the dailies can vary wildly. Some day it could be vista, gather, mystic forger - that is doable in less than a minute. There are also some PvP or WvW dailies that can be done really quickly.Other days, it could be something like dungeon, bounty, and 4 events - going to take a bit longer.I'm not sure the actual solution here. The desert highland daily bounty let me get enough people to kill Silkears, completing all the bounties on that map. I suspect if people could easily find a substitute bounty (eg, all 3 were easy), that might not have happened.However, I do also find myself briefly touching PvP or WvW (game plays I'm generally not interested in) when that proves to be easier than the PvE choices.So maybe the current system is reasonable - if the bounties were too annoying for some day, you could skip them and just do them next day.

@"Solvar.7953" said:

However, I do also find myself briefly touching PvP or WvW (game plays I'm generally not interested in) when that proves to be easier than the PvE choices.

Same. I literally choose the three easiest/ fastest options, and then I'm off to fractals.

I'm all for adding more options though to be for those who find dailies thrilling, but please don't complicate what's already there, as I have a laziness quota to maintain. :p

For some of us, quite literally, "Ain't nobody got time for dat."

I can't agree that adding more or different dailies would be an attempt against boredom, seeing as I haven't done dailies since the 2014 overhaul, and I'm not bored.

if maps are dead (which I haven't seen much of) I doubt dailies will fix that. if it does it will be temporary because people will probably get bored of them, or they will complete them quickly and move on to whatever they really wanted to do.

@SexyMofo.8923 said:No thanks. Dailies are already tedious enough. Your suggestions will not repopulate any map in the long run.

@SexyMofo.8923 said:No thanks. Dailies are already tedious enough. Your suggestions will not repopulate any map in the long run.

You don't need to run the new ones if you don't want to. 3 dailies would still be all it takes to complete the daily completionist.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:My solution against boredom is to do fewer dailies, not more. And I still can't find a map in the game that is underpopulated during peak periods. Between special events and festivals and various scavenger hunts, and updated rewards, people head all over now.

Because I don't agree with the premise, I can't see that the OP's suggestion will be a solution to anything.

I wish players had more reason to revisit "old" zones.Dailies aren't a sustainable reason; people get bored of them, no matter how interesting they might be at first.

I think ANet's been on the right track, by continually offering special events and scavenger hunts that give people an excuse to return.

You will be bored of anything with time. But it'll take a long time before you get bored of every event of every map. And I can assure you, core maps are very much populated when the daily event completer are on them.

@"ROMANG.1903" said:You will be bored of anything with time.This is my point and you seem to agree... and yet still think adding dailies is going to improve things (rather than make them worse).

But it'll take a long time before you get bored of every event of every map.On the contrary, I get bored of every event of every event of every map quickly. After doing map completion a few times and doing the meta a bunch, I find it harder to return to maps for years sometimes. Despite the high-gold value of Istan, I have only gone back for the shortest possible periods of times and only for specific scavenger hunts.

And I can assure you, core maps are very much populated when the daily event completer are on them.I can assure you that they are not joyfully populated. People go in there and want their four events now and get super cranky when anything slows them down. People focus on the most efficient four and then leave immediately. So sure, it's "populated," just not in any sort of pleasant or useful way.

In contrast, when people return for scavenger hunts, you get a bunch of people who had forgotten about the map, who like having an excuse to return at their leisure. Sure, some are cranky about their perception of the grind, it's just a broader mix of sensibilities.

Do be aware, the Dailies would have to have another special mechanic to parse out who owns which Living World Season map, and who doesn't.That, or add more options to PvE which would probably mean they would have to come up with more options for PvP and WvW (to equal out the options offered [to avoid laments about inequality]), as well.

@"Skotlex.7580" said:I personally would enjoy this change, specially if it made me go back to LS maps. As they are, either I need something from them (and farm their specific dailies until burning out /acquiring the item - hello Draconis Mons), or I don't visit it again.

I really enjoy how the daily takes me to different maps, including expansion maps, but am saddened that said listing doesn't include for the most part the LS maps.

Maybe it doesn't has to be tied to the daily, if there were were a daily achievement for completing x events on LS maps which also rewarded some AP/gold, I'd be all over it.

You are EXACTLY the type of person Anet targeted with the skyscale collection.

@Etria.3642 said:

@"Skotlex.7580" said:I personally would enjoy this change, specially if it made me go back to LS maps. As they are, either I need something from them (and farm their specific dailies until burning out /acquiring the item - hello Draconis Mons), or I don't visit it again.

You are EXACTLY the type of person Anet targeted with the skyscale collection.

However the skyscale collection is done only once, not on a daily basis. :P that collection is more about farming map currencies than "having an incentive to go back". If anything, it makes those related LS maps the equivalent of more Draconis Mons with it's druid backpack...