Can Axe skills be unsplit between game modes?

Crystal Black.8190

Can we get the PvP/WvW version of main hand axe in PvE too? I can understand that some skills have lower damage or shorter boon duration in PvP,but not for PvE. Why has axe such better condition and boon duration while having better base damage and damage scaling? Is there a reason the PvE version is so underwhelming?

Yeah, Axe has many differences/splits and I don't even know why. They just forgot it exists I believe. Oh, you're full power ? Let's just never press 2 in your PvE rotation. MFW Ricochet does more damage than Splitblade.

Also, mobile Whirling Axe (Warrior) hits more targets (5) than Whirling Defense (3).

Even if Axe fine for now, the overall kit is just really weird. I mean, it's used, because it's the only other ranged power (or hybrid) weapon that can do damage outside of GS, Sw and LB. We don't have more choices.

Yeah it seems they forgot about the "this skill now use the max value of damage in each gamemode..." change.

They could maybe make an overall change to axe to make it full power, let everything as it is but :

• Remove the bleeding
  • Change it by an impairing movement condition ( cripple or freeze but maybe not immob ) maybe make the axe focus on freeze ?
  • Or change the bleeding to a boon , each attack of the axe could give a different boon ( AA actually is might/ 2 could be aegis ? / 3 could be vigor ? )

This way they could give the range condition weapon role to the shortbow and improve it ?

They just seems to have forgot, lets believe it will come soon...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:Its the first thing I check for every patch and I am always disappointed.

LOL. Me too.

But without the changes of OP. Just increase the modifier.

Just completely unsplit them. I see no reason why the base damage of axe 2 should stay split or the might duration of axe 1. It would hardly break anything in pve.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:Its the first thing I check for every patch and I am always disappointed.

LOL. Me too.

Just completely unsplit them. I see no reason why the base damage of axe 2 should stay split or the might duration of axe 1. It would hardly break anything in pve.

I think that their reasoning is that they don't want MH Axe to become better than Sword or Dagger. Then why don't they buff Sword and Dagger instead ? I mean, Sword AA-2 still hits 1 target !!!

Did you guys know Poison Volley (Shortbow 2) does more power damage than Splitblade ? At worst, both should do the same damage, but Axe is clearly a Power weapon when you take in consideration Honed Axes, so it should be normal that it does more damage...

Even Winter's Bite should do AoE baseline.

I've found that Ranger weapons are outdated except GS and Longbow. If they can changed Guardian skills many time, like buffing Torch to heavenly damage, can't they do the same with our weapon skills ? When you compare Guardian Torch and Ranger Torch today, it's laughable. Changed Thief traps to Preparation, when many of us requested Throwing Traps ? As someone that play many profession, I can clearly see that they give less efforts to Ranger,

@Krispera.5087 said:

LOL. Me too.

I think that their reasoning is that they don't want MH Axe to become better than Sword or Dagger. Then why don't they buff Sword and Dagger instead ? I mean, Sword AA-2 still hits 1 target !!!

Did you guys know Poison Volley (Shortbow 2) does more power damage than Splitblade ? At worst, both should do the same damage, but Axe is clearly a Power weapon when you take in consideration Honed Axes, so it should be normal that it does more damage...

Even Winter's Bite should do AoE baseline.

I've found that Ranger weapons are outdated except GS and Longbow. If they can changed Guardian skills many time, like buffing Torch to heavenly damage, can't they do the same with our weapon skills ? When you compare Guardian Torch and Ranger Torch today, it's laughable. Changed Thief traps to Preparation, when many of us requested Throwing Traps ? As someone that play many profession, I can clearly see that they give less efforts to Ranger,

I can only assume they think there's some secret high skill play where you use the pet to make up for our dismal weapon skill effects

Regarding torch, it's absolutely hilarious that our torch 4 is the only one out of all classes that hit's a single target while also being an easily blocked/reflected slow projectile

what a joke