Is there a guild for frequent PVP forum-goers?

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:If not, there definitely should be. Would be much easier to sift out what is L2P and what is an actual issue if we all got together.

We'd all eat each other alive before the first daylight.

stirs tea

But we do that anyway.

@Mbelch.9028 said:It's called the Bronze and Silver tier ;)

Sorry, had to do it.

Ha!

I'm 85% serious about this though. There was a thief guild that kind of functioned as a forum network a while back, but I don't know what happened to it.I'm figuring if the majority of us can write cohesive sentences, we'd also be fine with mock 5v5s/duels to get data on what beats what.15% of my opinion is screaming its a bad idea but at this point what's it gonna do, lmao

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:If not, there definitely should be. Would be much easier to sift out what is L2P and what is an actual issue if we all got together.

stirs tea

But we do that anyway.

... Too real.Ok, I am up for that idea, but I don't know of any Guild like that

@Alatar.7364 said:

stirs tea

But we do that anyway.

Cmon, AL is essentially the forums represented on NA. Numerous and horrible.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

stirs tea

But we do that anyway.

Like I said, I dont know any, don't know AL and am not NA.

@mortrialus.3062 said:I'd join it.

Forum Warriors > @Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:I'd join it.

Forum Warriors [WAR]

I like it I like it.

Can do EU branch of that 'Keyboard Warriors' just don't know about the tag.

[NERF]

That would make EU and NA Guild look like "Nerf War". Did we identify the first issue with balance already??

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:... there definitely should be. Would be much easier to sift out what is L2P and what is an actual issue if we all got together.

People on the forums don't seem to agree with what is L2P and what is an actual issue. Some noticeable portion of threads are opened by people stating an issue with a profession they play against (and haven't played themselves). Some posts are made by people who think their prof has been over-nerfed, without recognizing the context.

I'm sure lots of people can agree that balance is (at best) imperfect and perhaps even a plurality might agree its terrible. I doubt very much if many will agree with the overall details (at most, just with the most egregious examples).

@Mbelch.9028 said:

stirs tea

But we do that anyway.

Funny too because I only remember that name from the beginning of gw2 when it was an esports team.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:... there definitely should be. Would be much easier to sift out what is L2P and what is an actual issue if we all got together.

People on the forums don't seem to agree with what is L2P and what is an actual issue. Some noticeable portion of threads are opened by people stating an issue with a profession they play against (and haven't played themselves). Some posts are made by people who think their prof has been over-nerfed, without recognizing the context.

I'm sure lots of people can agree that balance is (at best) imperfect and perhaps even a plurality might agree its terrible. I doubt very much if many will agree with the overall details (at most, just with the most egregious examples).

This is true. But at the very least, having a pool of people you can set up a duel room with to have a granular look at how X and Y functions that can be done in tandem with their discussions here would probably be much more effective than just getting into a shouting match. It won't remove all the disagreements, but itll give an avenue for the people looking to be proactive.

This is true. But at the very least, having a pool of people you can set up a duel room with to have a granular look at how X and Y functions that can be done in tandem with their discussions here would probably be much more effective than just getting into a shouting match. It won't remove all the disagreements, but itll give an avenue for the people looking to be proactive.

For the people who are open-minded and willing to spend energy being proactive, at the very least it could be a lot of fun. Something new/different to try, and would almost certainly help people get better competitively too. With a little luck, it might also offer some insights that would further discussion and even help ANet see some of the things they might be missing.

My point is: those people are mostly not the ones griping on the forums. Those are the ones offering constructive criticism already.

So allow me to rephrase: I think it would be great to have a guild (EU+NA) of critically-thinking competitors, willing to spend time dueling and 5v5ing, with an eye towards identifying critical issues. I'd be interested in their insights.(I don't think it will have an impact on the type of discourse we see in the forums; it's probably worth doing for its own sake.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:(I don't think it will have an impact on the type of discourse we see in the forums; it's probably worth doing for its own sake.)

(Agreed.)

@"mortrialus.3062" So "Forum Warriors" is taken but I did nab:

Don't Flip Your Skritt[DONT]

and have some ideas for some less acerbic ones / things including the word forum that I can mess with.

theres probably room for a kitten joke there