Upcoming Balance Notes

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Inverse.5817 said:

@"memausz.7264" said:Okay, ArenaNet, I'm sorry, but THIS cannot happen:"Overload: Overloading now disables all toolbelt skills for its duration."That's NOT a tweak, that's fundamental change in how holosmiths play.

This will hurt PvE, too - overheat blast damage from Photon Blasting Module is a big part of Holo's DPS, and retaining the 10% bonus damage while your heat gauge empties from overheat is nice - but not without, for example, grenade barrage, or the ability to CC raid bosses with AED and bomb kit's toolbelt skills. At least make it so you can still retain your toolbelt while traited to PBM, or make some kind of PvE/PvP split for it. Please. As someone who loves rifle & kits holo, and has done since PoF came out, this is really discouraging to see.

Yeah it's really dumb on their end. If they think toolbelt skills need to be weakened, reduce those as they are, reduce Power Wrench strength, just SOMETHING other than disabling them when Overload occurs.

And while we are at it, ArenaNet, could you PLEASE buff Elixir R toolbelt skill to 50 second cooldown and reduce cooldown of Elixir R (with HGH) to 20 seconds? It feels weak compared to other skills because of excessively long cooldowns.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Revamping the shadow arts and traps is all great but with no changes to any thief weapons guess its s/d for another year and rest of the weapon sets stay where they are. Great for thief players lol awesome build diversity as per the usual. Itl be interesting how useful the new skill will be.

exactly.of all the things to change... they pick the things no one wants changed.

Continuum Shift: This skill now replaces distortion in the F4 slot instead of taking the F5 slot.

Are you kidding me? Really? I've been playing this spec for FOUR YEARS and I know where the buttons are and what they do.

"Oh hey, every driver, you remember where your brake pedal were? Well, that's accelerator now! Enjoy!"

@Jain.7053 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Revamping the shadow arts and traps is all great but with no changes to any thief weapons guess its s/d for another year and rest of the weapon sets stay where they are. Great for thief players lol awesome build diversity as per the usual. Itl be interesting how useful the new skill will be.

exactly.of all the things to change... they pick the things no one wants changed.

Well to be fair the traps and shadow arts definitely needed a revamp so that's great on them but they did nothing to add build diversity in the end. Traps will be used on some niche builds to mess around now if they're at least some what effective which is cool but neither will any builds become more viable that previously wernt and the build that was the predominant build will remain that way. Nothing was done to help any of the many build possibilities that thief has to become competitive or viable, nothing altered to have a reason to choose any of them over s/d etc. Was expected tho so.....

The changes to chronomancer shatter feel like "change for the love of change" instead of thought out fixes. Please just don't!From what I gather, those changes will only serve to make chrono (both tank and power dps) feel a lot clunkier than fun or necessary and will be an absolute nightmare in wvw and pvp. And to top it off, there isn't even a problem that is fixed by this...

So can we expect ALL unblockables will be transferred over to this new system that you have implemented to Call of the Wild?

Signet of Might still casts 6 second of unblockables: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Might"Nothing can save you" still casts 4 seconds of unblockables: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Nothing_Can_Save_You!%22

Seems like this Call of the Wild change was a "let's do something about this unblockable skill that is affecting sniper soulbeasts", rather than reduce the damage coefficient of the skills in general.

"Impact Savant: This trait no longer increases damage while you have barrier. Instead it converts 15% of all outgoing strike damage into barrier and reduces vitality by 300."

Reducing vitality here makes zero sense. It seems like someone's weird idea of what balance looks like . It remains to be seen exactly how much barrier one receives.

@"memausz.7264" said:

Why was Sic Em Soulbeast Longbow 2 cooldown not increased? It's unblockable with Choice 3 of Trait 1 options in Soulbeast line? I cannot even stealth out of it because of revealed, and once I have no dodges, I get canned because there's literally no counter to it at that point.

I think "Unstoppable Union: This trait no longer grants an unblockable boon. Instead, it removes movement-impairing conditions in addition to its previous effect of stunbreaking when activating beastmode" is actually the trait you are speaking of, which has had unblockable removed completely.Additionally, Clarion bond and call of the wild's unblockable are now limited not only by time but by total attacks (2 and 3 respectively). I believe this means the first couple of strikes only of rapid fire will be unblockable under any circumstances.

After the horrible SoI change late last year we get more messing around with Chrono. At this point it might as well be a new spec entirely.Oh well, until the imho ridiculous idea of SoI refreshing other people's buffs gets reverted I don't see any point to coming back. Should just have fixed the mess that is the buff UI instead of making it even more of a fly-blind type of thing.

• Chrono loses Distortion and old inbuilt Illusionary Persona.
  • The suicidal Elusive Mind is described as "defense-focused" because, apparently it's ok for anet to have a trait that declares your defeat when activated.
  • Dune Cloak gets a pointless buff as IH is still much better.
  • And bunch of bug fixes and mechanic changes just to have the same effects.

Very sad for mesmer future. Patch after patch we are more forced to rely on cheesy condi mirage or cheesy mantra burst, because these stupid unhealthy builds keep being the only viable options as everything else gets dumped and never brought back.

Engineer

[...] In addition to reworking the scrapper traits, we're also slightly increasing the penalty for holosmiths overheating, as it wasn't commensurate with the level of power granted by holoforge mode. [...]

• Overload: Overloading now disables all toolbelt skills for its duration.[...]
  • Laser's Edge: The bonus damage from this trait is now calculated dynamically based on the amount of heat you have rather than activating after passing a specific heat threshold. Because of this change, the effect icon will no longer be displayed. Bonus damage is now multiplicative instead of additive.
  • Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit: This trait now increases the bonus damage maximum from Laser's Edge by 50% in addition to its previous effects.[...]

Seriously, WHAT? Another disadvantage besides being burned/hit by at least a couple of thounds of self-HP-damage is NOT enough for using overheat-mechanic and now sword/shield and tool using builds are extremely nerfed while cooling, too?While other builds are capable of doing more DPS with no real downside and holosmiths are high-risk AND now can't build up quickness-stacks or use heal/utility/whatever while cooling down?What an impacting nerf on holosmiths. And we are not even close to the best DPS-specs/builds to deserve such a nerf.For PvE-Holosmiths THIS is not a deserved neither needed nerf.

Rest of the nerfs/buffs is quite ok'ish. But this one is.... "not nice"...

Couldn't you just halve the healing in shroud from Soul Eater?Btw. Lich Form is kinda bugged in fractals with certain instabilities (vengeance most likely) - when you leave lich form it will give you weakness and put in combat. Could you look into that? I theorise it's because when you leave Lich Form it will strip the stability and in turn the Vengeance instability will cast weakness on you as if you were enemy.

Ranger TDLR:

We Nerfed Sic Em by 15%We Nerfed mean old druids ancestral grace so you can hit themWe Nerfed unblockable boons, so all you need now is to hit them faster.We Nerfed second skin by 13%
We Nerfed Unstoppable Union no unblockable part of the skill

But hey to make you feel better and to show you that OP still loves you here's a couple of buffs:

Frost Trap: FOR PVE ONLY don't worry hardcore WvW & PvP people you can still sleep well at night.Who won't sleep well at night? That one NPC that steps in that trap for 5 seconds. Wooo frostbite on toes suck.

((really couldn't make it for wvw as well? really? PvP i get it, if you add anything for Ranger they will post mean stuff.But no WvW? cmon... At least give us a WvW buff with this skill as well... instead of 100% make it 50% with everythingelse attached. )) Side Notes: still can't throw traps ... would love to be able to toss them even 200 range.

Sublime Conversion: This skill now grants 5 seconds of regeneration to allies who pass through the wall.I'm happy about this, as long as you didn't do a bunch of stealth nerfs to it to make up for it... seriously, Thank youfor actually on purpose giving us a useful buff for once. ((instead of the usually admitted accident))

I'm sure everyone is partaking in the sacrificial slaughtering of rangers pets in the streets as a sacrifice for the great nerfsbut i think the buff and even the change of things for Ranger could have been way better.

Why change ancestral grace, seriously? Druids weren't unkillable in wvw or anything, and if they were, it wouldn't be because of a one second evade that is meant to help us travel. Just seems like you wanted to nerf druid some more so why not go for an ability on the wep that is specifically meant for the druid spec.

Wow, you touched ele and didnt nerf it to the ground. Astonishing, maybe you guys are actually evolving.Rampage+,Scrapper+,Sic'em+,Rev+ (i guess). Overall, not bad.

@RazenRaven.6371 said:Really not liking that Ancestral Grace change; it's always been such a nice way to cover ground, reach whoever needs healing, etc.. now it feels like I'm just gonna get ripped up trying to move from point A to point B. I understand wanting to tone it down in a competitive environment (for all four of us who take druid into pvp/wvw... lol), but in PvE the change is just completely unnecessary.

Lol, have you ever heard about Ride the Lightning? Eles needs to live with this kind of things since ages, so can druids.