Upcoming Balance Notes

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so... with detection pulse gone, how are we gonna reveal people in GvGs and scrims, you want us to try and reveal people with hammer 3 + gaze of darkness when guards give high duration aegis? This is a silly change, the start of GvGs are gonna be so annoying nowEdit: after thinking about it, i guess phase traversal with hammer 3 + gaze of darkness could work.

LOL! so this is what we can choose from now for master traits...MASTER;Soul Eater Damage.png Damage Increase: 10%. Miscellaneous effect.png Range Threshold: 300Chilling Victory Might.png Might (8s): 30 Power, 30 Condition Damage. Miscellaneous effect.png Life Force: 1%Decimate Defenses Striking a foe with vulnerability increases your critical hit chance. Critical Chance.png Critical Chance 2% per Stack

Anet....you somehow can justify this??? It's laughable lol totally laughable. Master trait LOLOLOLOL!

@"Lishtenbird.2814" said:

Continuum Shift: This skill now replaces distortion in the F4 slot instead of taking the F5 slot.

Are you kidding me? Really? I've been playing this spec for FOUR YEARS and I
know
where the buttons are and what they do.

"Oh hey, every driver, you remember where your brake pedal were? Well, that's accelerator now! Enjoy!"

Unfortunately same thing happened to Scrapper. We lose f5 skills, and function gyro is now moved from f to f5. But not only that, the role and feel of spec will change completely now. I'm not sure if we are minority, but at least to me all these changes are becoming more and more annoying. I can understand why anet is doing it, I see that people are demanding more frequent meta shake-ups, but I personally hate these type of changes.

@memausz.7264 said:Yeah well I didn't have an issue with the 4 sec unblockable being used as a tactical CC or to add blind or poison or something to that effect, it was just a Quickness-Fury Longbow 2 burst that is persistently problematic. Not the entire trait. That's why I said specifically Longbow 2

Well, you pointed at nerfing LB2, which was never the problem.

Not happy with the chronomancer (power chrono) and revenant (condi renegade) changes. I guess I can better play core mesmer (as it seems closer to what I played and probably performs better for me as I struggle to get clones/illusions up in first place with my greatsword build aka why even have the expac for elite spec thats supposed to be an upgrade...). And why are skills not split from PVE?! I don't care about pvp and wvw nor was my renegade build overpowered (this one can't even enter pvp/wvw its that bad). O well if the mesmer falls out being mediocre capable of my daily for pvp (the only thing I do pvp for) then its gonna be bye bye (dead) pvp for me.

Can we start to split every single skill we have from pvp and pve and roll back balance changes a few patches (to when pof came out) and then sit at table and figure out what you want each class to be able to do / not to do per game mode.

Seems thief is gonna be meta now btw... stealth, more stealth, portals (incl giving to others incl stealth on top), high mobility.... pvp players will have fun with an unannounced group of thieves out of the blue insta killing without being able to counter it before you notice. I feel sorry for ppl with high ping.

If they can't even split every single skill per game mode, I don't think we will ever see more elite specs or new weapons for classes guys... There will be no room for new skills. Not to mention they clearly can't balance the game.

It's hard to rate this patch because there are a lot of bad changes mixed in with good changes.

Just some highlights:Positive changes:-Giving very slight buffs to ele damage is probably the way to go. The class is very close to "good" status.-Removing unblockable from unstoppable union. Probably didn't even need to nerf sicem after this. The unblockable part was super annoying and left little room for counterplay.-Nerfing Scrappers barrier reduction but giving them a better damage trait should make the spec more of a fun bruiser and less of an unkillable point-cheeser-Nerfed Rampage but largely left the rest of Warrior meta alone. This is a solid change.-Nerfing Sword 4 on Rev.

Negative changes:-I don't like how a huge focus is on traits this patch. Traits are mostly uninteractive passives and massively swapping them around on multiple classes just means people now have to memorize more nonsense that is otherwise invisible to the player.-Notoriety on Revs problem is that it gives extra power, not the stacks. You nerfed the wrong thing. Meta rev will still stack 25 might and oneshot.-Sword 5 on Revs problem is that it hits like a truck at 25 might. You instead nerfed the utility. This is backwards. Reduce the damage, leave the chill.-There is still way too much stability and get-out-of-jail-free nonsense in the game-Patch needs to focus on interactivity instead of number nerfs. I don't see anything in here that would actually make the game more fun or challenging. If anything, a lot of utility seems to be getting removed and replaced with just straight damage. This is the wrong direction to take PvP and will eventually result in a dead boring game.

Overall D-. Not a total failure due to some correct changes, but still shows a lack of understanding on what is killing the game.

@Deniara Devious.3948 said:Those engineer rifle nerfs make no sense. Hip shot nerf would be huge (no tracking --> strafe left and right to avoid rifle) and Arenanet specifically allowed engineers to shoot net backwards with rifle #2.

Not even the common courtesy to buff damage and/or velocity to match Ranger. Talk about not being asked out for dinner before being eff'd. Thanks Anet.

So what's next? CC received while in Jump Shot is 2x more effective? Rifle skills have a random chance to backfire?

@"zinkz.7045" said:From: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/33724/game-update-notes-march-27-2018Net Shot: Fixed a bug that prevented players from being able to fire this skill at targets behind them.Yup. Balance team is ran by Moas.

@Solori.6025 said:

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:the defense-focused Elusive Mind.

Proving once again that you either are clueless as to the state of this trait, or you know how useless it is now and just want to rub salt on the wound.Either way.Not cool, and I'm glad this game is no longer on my radar for pvp

Pretty much.Anet team just traveled back to 2012 to return old core mesmer but with tons of nerfs applied later.Improvisation still recharge DAGGERSTORM ... Rampage still insane busted and its somehow got buffed...? No nerfs on classes that beg to be nerfed.May be they trying to make everyone quit at this point ?

I simply cannot understand the necro change at all. Soul eater is now possibly worse than its old iteration. Undo that change now or modify the trait to give some other bonus while ins shroud.

While in shroud healing will not occur however the damage bonus has is increased from 10% to 20%While in shroud healing will not occur however the 5% of damage dealt is granted as life force instead.While in shroud healing will not occur health is now stored and granted over time after exiting shroud.Etc etc etc

You left Chilling Victory unchanged which is possibly the least used trait in the entire reaper line right now

Chill is not effective on foes anymore unless the player deticates their runes and sigils to it mean while scourge can cripple you like as if it just added 70 years to you life with just a few skills. Are you aware that a scourge's cripple is more annoying than a reapers chill without any investment

To be hones the the majority of this balance pass look ok to good ish but this particular soul eater change on necro was 100% pointless revert this idea. Heck give me the old soul eater back over this i would rather get the 20% cd reduction and 200 promised hp per second while holding a gs at any range over the 100 ish hp per attack you get out of shroud and only in 300 range.

Then again why am i not surprised at least thats the only nerf for necro it would appear so far.

Also no touch to mirage and its defensive capabilities while being able to pump out tons of condi damageNo touch to mantras??? on both firebrand and mesmerNo touch to over rewarding chaotic interruption?

(Speaking mostly to PvE here, as I have no objection to PvP changes which seem mostly on point)

Change is not always bad, but change for the sake of change is almost always bad. In general, with some exceptions (such as berserker changes) the last 7 or 8 balance patches have come across as exactly that. Chrono has been badly mangled and it looks like holo is about to be.

For most players, balance patches are not content, they're just extra work. Yes, learning is good, but constantly relearning rotations and other things because of seemingly arbitrary bolts from the blue (these balance patches) is obnoxious. Please stop playing whack a mole with our favorite builds, especially support chrono. It was fine before you started butchering signet of inspiration.

"Chronomancer shatters require at least 1 clone to activate" thisi s great, I love this and I don't understand why you don't do the same for Mirage, it would make good sense for only core chrono to be able not to need illusions, and it would tone Mirage's DPS down a bit and also made it's rotation easier to pick up.

I do not understand why do you remove distortion from Chrono. It's one of the few classes able to tank bosses and you remove it's survivability. Also it was the best source of Aegis for the group Chrono had, and now you removed it. It's already frustrating to play chronomancers with the Wells being small and hard to predict compared to other supporting classes like Renegade and FB and you just keep to bully those who enjoy playing it. I really don't understand why do you have need to bully chronomancers almost every single balance patch. I played mesmers since the beggining since it was always kinda support class but it's getting harder and harder and I am seeing little use in chronomancers these days.. I would like to know what your vision for this class you have, if you have any at all.

@Vlad Morbius.1759 said:LOL! so this is what we can choose from now for master traits...MASTER;Soul Eater Damage.png Damage Increase: 10%. Miscellaneous effect.png Range Threshold: 300Chilling Victory Might.png Might (8s): 30 Power, 30 Condition Damage. Miscellaneous effect.png Life Force: 1%Decimate Defenses Striking a foe with vulnerability increases your critical hit chance. Critical Chance.png Critical Chance 2% per Stack

Anet....you somehow can justify this??? It's laughable lol totally laughable. Master trait LOLOLOLOL!

Mesmer master dueling traits are way worse than that tbh, they killed all master traits in the same patch...

You know how one little balance change hits and some people threaten to leave the game and we're all like "chill, you're overreacting"? Well now I know how they feel, with this Distortion change. I actually am seething. Please, no :(

Soul Eater nerf? rly? I would call Reaper a lott of things but surtanly not "durable". The Healing from Soul Eater through Shround-Bust was the only thing that could keep Reaper alive in a Teamfight because unlike Scourge you couldn't rely on outside healing while in Shround. However after all it was still fairly easy to counterplay. To much counterpressure = dead Reaper; hitting a single CC = dead Reaper; blocking, dodging or otherwise avoiding the burst = dead Reaper. I will admit that it was very strong in high cleave scenarios, especially with pets or illusions arround but this could have been solved with a simple target cap of 1-3 prioritizing proximity. Removing the heal in shround makes the trait pretty much useless and PvPers will probably switch back to Decimate Defenses while WvWers have even less reason to play Reaper over Scourge. Not much of a change for PvE though since you only realy cared about the 10% dmg modifier anyway.

On a side note, could we get that "dynamic damage scaling" (based on enemy health) for Executioner's Scythe aswell, pls.