[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

• Ability to lock items in Shared Inventory Slots. (If you equip then unequip something that was in your shared inventory slot, it goes back to the slot you initially equiped it from. Useful for weapon swapping.)

• Increase max Shared Inventory Slots to 32.

• Allow Soulbound items to be stored in Shared Inventory Slots.

• Dungeon Portal Device (Teleports you to whichever dungeon you want.)

• White mantle portals not sharing the same cooldown so you can have multiple.

• Bring back Twilight Arbor Forward Up Dungeon.

• Allow Nuhoch Warbler to be used in all instances including raids because music matters. <3 :)

• Endless Makeover Kit.

• Invisible Chest Piece.

• Infinite Revive Orb (Usable in all instances EXCEPT raids.)

• Salvage-o-Matic Container (Stores all salvage-o-matics.)

• Remove diminished returns in dungeons.

• Increase dungeon rewards to what they were before nerf.

• New dungeon recipies/armor/ascended armor/etc.

• Bring back all past 2012-2018 special events/side stories and allow players to choose only one they wish to complete for achievement points.

Hey. I just wanted to suggest a few things i think would really benefit this game. A lot of these were probably already mentioned a few times on the forum but i think they're worth highlighting again.

Map queues in open world - It can be very tidious to click the "join world" button only to get an error message all the time.

Stacking orders in the trading post - Instead of having 100 orders for mithril ores I think it would be a lot more reasonable if the UI for the trading post would actually just stack items and instead display the total number of orders

Remove the transformation from the candy corn gobbler - I think anyone in possession of this knows just how tidious using it is. I don't think anyone is using it for the transformations to begin with, you can't really use for costume brawl and it's just kind of annoying to get. I really think it would be better if the item just increased the amount of candy you had to consume to even out the loss of the transformations and removed the completely (i think you transform 2 out of 3 times so that would be 9 candies per use)

Shared gathering tool slots - I know this one was already frequently requested but i really think it would be great if they were introduced

Underwater mount - Still my number one most wanted kind of mount

Account unlock explorable path in dungeons - Either if you did the story once or just unlock explorable for everyone

Permanent crafting station access - Not really all that high on my wishlist but it might be a useful item to add to the game

Increase the material storage for mithril and elder wood - Also not really essential but as the HoT legendaries require so much of both of these which also implies there's a clear need for a sink of these i think it would be reasonable to increase the maximum storage space for just these two in comparison to other items

Small suggestion for the Crafting Recipe Books. Could we get some indicator on when we have learned all the recipes in a book set. I have purchased the "Page of Spearmarshal Recipes" multiple times because I have forgot which ones I have completed already.

i was wondering if it would be possible to get a non-mount server/battle group, for those ( if theres any other than me ) who feels like the mounts doesnt add anything to the game. but instead takes away immersion and makes the world trivial, as you can skip any and all dangers in the normal world zones

There's a bit of a struggle finding a name for a character these days. We can't save our character creation and don't want to loose everything, and I personally end up sometimes finding a name that I don't really like. So I think it would be awesome if the Name Change Contract in the gemstore refunded gems on use depending on how many levels away from 80 the character we're changing the name of is currently at, making its price progressively increase as we advance in the game.

For example, if we're using it on a level 75 character, the Name Change Contract would actually cost us 750 gems instead of 800, because it would refund 50 gems on use. If the character is level 3, the contract would cost 30 gems and refund the 770 remaining gems.In the end, the name change would cost 10x the character's level.

Hi I tried a search and not sure if this has been requested. Can we have some kinda buyback for stuff from Karma/currency merchs? Sometimes the item is a bit pants and you don't want it. But mostly it is because I have 3 extra endless teddie tonics and 2 other endless tonics and they cost me 175k karma each which is a lot. I don't expect all the karma back but it seems a waste to trash them. Surely in a a place as large as we play in everything has some kinda value to someone?

@Gorkus.7496 said:It wouldn't shock me that the solution was to throw money at the game and forcing people to buy both expansions. That would explain why they are so reluctant to fix an annoyance that is easily addressed.

I just played for the first time since I bought both expansions, played since launch, lvl 80 forever, had this annoying pop up the entire 10 mins I tried playing in the silverwastes: POP UP (trying to fight) POP UP (almost died) POP UP CLICK WHAT??? WHAT DO YOU WANTT?? YOU SAY NOTHING IDK WHAT YOUR FOR ex's out POP UP rq submit ticket

Make a holster for nourishment exactly like the one used for toys. Make the whole bar to open to make a selection of 6 consumables and leave the little arrow out. Make the slots linkable to the first 6 slots of a general storage bag that contain nourishment or allowed consumables. If there is no room on the screen for more buttons then make it a toggleable option with toys. I don't know why this wasn't done with food instead of toys in the first place.

@Xenrithious Lanzius.3598 said:

@Gorkus.7496 said:It wouldn't shock me that the solution was to throw money at the game and forcing people to buy both expansions. That would explain why they are so reluctant to fix an annoyance that is easily addressed.

I just played for the first time since I bought both expansions, played since launch, lvl 80 forever, had this annoying pop up the entire 10 mins I tried playing in the silverwastes: POP UP (trying to fight) POP UP (almost died) POP UP
CLICK
WHAT??? WHAT DO YOU WANTT?? YOU SAY NOTHING IDK WHAT YOUR FOR
ex's out
POP UP
rq submit ticket

Its that your experience is stuck and you need to play first mission in hot or pof to unlock gaining core tyria xp again.

Remove level up pushback for level-80 characters. Players trying hard to pull together mobs in many situations, but that level up pushback wasting the effort. It maybe works for lone lowlevel characters, but not for level 80s in crowd.

Greetings,

my name is Feuerkeule and this post is my take on making GW2 a bit (or a lot) better. The idea comes from the frequent discussions I have regarding the game dying (might be a WvW issue on a low pop. server) or at least having a bad/worse time when compared to past years.

Disclaimers first

1. English is my second language, spellcheck is the best I can do, should I make no sense at all, ask in the comments, the post will be tidy.
  2. I don´t use forums a lot and might lack picture posting/link posting skills so I will use it only when unavoidable.
  3. Yes, I have seen the pinned post [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53097/suggestions-qol-quality-of-life-ideas/p1]https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53097/suggestions-qol-quality-of-life-ideas/p1 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53097/suggestions-qol-quality-of-life-ideas/p1") but am a person that likes to make a tidy post instead of adding to the others.
  4. This of course leads to some inspirations from said post, I will try to post those at the end of each section as additions. If I had the same idea as another person, but didnt see their post, I will type it down as my idea. This is not to steal, I simply cant read through the entire Forum.5. The entire post will be in sections, sorted by categories and then by importance. Category is my interpretation, importance my opinion, please keep that in mind.6. At the end of each section will be the additions from previous posts in no particular order and without source, though all will come from the post mentioned in #3.7. I am a software developer and have >some< insight into the process. If you think I missed a very important previous suggestion, I might think it too difficult to add short term or at all.(For example a new setting for the entire game just because I like steampunk)8. To accomodate different reading styles, most talking points will be ordered into the idea and some background, additional thoughts/examples in brackets(), brabbling in square brackets[]Also, some abbreviations:QoL=Quality of LifeImo=in my opinionF2P= Free to playHoT=Heart of ThornsPoF=Path of FireAP=Achievement Points

Last but not least, my motivation. I like the game. I get lots of talk of the population dwindling, friends I tried to recruit from other games disliked the leveling progress(too many to be a coincident) and I would love more things to do as well as more new or returning players. At the moment its my favorite free time waster for 2.5 years now. This summs up to suggestions for QoL as well as new contents and some wishful thinking.

Lets get to it.

1. Getting new players to come and stay.I know, I know, veterans barely care about leveling, but the order makes sense.As I said, tried to get many friends to play the game, most didnt make it to 80. I tried to help them as they asked me to, no help was enough. This might be the case for many new players, the leveling might feel outdated and grindy. As GW2 needs more players, we need to make it more enjoyable for them to reach 80. (Yes, I know that the game really starts at lvl 80, but the point stands. If people leave before, they most likely wont every try the good lvl 80 stuff.)

This will be divided into making leveling more enjoyable, some additional tips and setting goals for reaching late game.

The leveling progress/character creation

1. Area lines for renown hearts. Those should be added to the minimap so they dont annoy while running around, but are still more easily traceable. (We all know the struggle of figuring out where the quest ends. Yes, you can just look when it becomes inactive, but running half a minute, then half a minute into another direction is annoying. New players might not want to guess, neither do completionists on character 36)
  2. ALWAYS give the option to finish a renown heart by simply slaying stuff. Imo some of them are horrible and make me want to do anything else. (Looking at entertaining cows or sneaking around a charr camp invisible to avoid detection but not knowing how far the radius is.)
  3. Give players more accurate descriptions of playstyles when creating a character. Of course not all heavy armor are tanks and not all mages are burst mages, but you could add the info that the classes are easiest to play from left to right. Useful info would be how fast paced a class is as some players are looking to avoid this or to pick exactly this. Make their choice easier.
  4. New players creating their first character on a F2P account first see that they need to pay for one of the (designwise) more interesting classes. We all know the usuall classes warrior ranger thief etc., but Revenant is unique to GW2. This is far fetched, but it might be better to make Revenant F2P like every other core class and hide the elite specs behind the DLC. (I know that revenants are created by our favorite charr going into the mists and taking some powers with him [Well I think I know] and that changing the class to not require HoT is immersion breaking, but that could be a lore-fix. For example, give them mystical powers to begin with and the mist powers are added in HoT story, thus unlocking the Herald.)
  5. Also on character creation, there should be more info on what makes GW2 a little unique as far as weapons and the class triangle go. Meaning players should be informed that most classes can be played very differently based on their weapon, rangers dont exactly scream "brawler with a pet" for example, neither do mages give the impression to be playable in close combat. As for the class triangle (the usual MMORPG system of healer, tank and dps), more effort should be put into explaining the absence of it in GW2. (Thats not a bad thing, I personally like being able to do open world alone on a druid and still go heal in raids. But when new players see the classes and are looking for one playstyle, they shouldnt have to guess.) Maybe also add that races do not offer distinct advantages for certain classes.
  6. Killing enemies shouldnt feel like doing the exact same thing with higher numbers attached. Some refreshment could be added by more enemies having clear AoE-zones to avoid or channel-abilities that need interruption or dodging.
  7. Group events often feel more like an obstacle that cant be completed without help. Dont get me wrong, it should be this way, but it often takes time for players to come around. This could be fixed by making them appear on the minimap earlier and maybe making them a bit more lucrative so people actually join in.
  8. Maybe make the last 10-20 levels a little bit faster, the few friends that got to 60 lost interest there when it took too long. This might be fixed by allowing F2P accounts to at least use the guild buff for the little bonus exp. This doesnt need to be a DLC-feature.

Additional tips

1. Explain the difference between condition builds and power builds. Imagine being a new player, loving a skillset from a weapon but dealing low damage because you built condition damage but deal no conditions.
  2. The option of action camera usage should be suggested so it cant be ignored and probably in the tutorial. For some players the game is unplayable without it and new players do not want to spend an hour of setup before playing the actual game. (About half of the friends that tried the game gave it another shot with the action camera.)
  3. The keybinds should probably be changed for new players, this refers back to the setup part, some hours into the game every player with small-ish hands will have problems reaching beyond 6. No need to force it on them, but as a new player you dont know which keys are important later and shouldnt be overwritten.
  4. More of the important QoL features should be hinted at or listed somewhere. For new players in particular this includes: Sell all junk-option (and perhaps an assurance that junk really isnt needed for anything.), the salvage all-option on salvage kits, a short explanation on the material depot (are all my mats lost when I do this? Where to find them? Is this an account-wide storage?) Imo this should absolutely be in a window somewhere, there are incredibly many features that took me years to discover, for example I think there is a percentage of veterans that dont know the "/wiki statement" command to open wiki quickly. This list might also include links to important game mechanics such as combo fields or boon corruption or profession mechanics.

Setting long-term goals for new players(I know that MMORPGs usually are the most fun when you set your own challenges, but you still need something to look forward to. I also know the story of GW2 is great, but some players dont like story modes and want to grind to oblivion, thus ignoring every spoken line.)

1. Give players more to look forward to than reaching 80 and completing the story. This is difficult to bring down to one point, which is why I will leave it at the problem. Players feel the grind of leveling with no real goal. There needs to be something new to strive forwards for. Some personal ideas are:-See "The leveling progress/character creation", point 5. Make players vary their playstyle so the combat feels refreshing. (This is a little tricky to achieve of course, but some enemies with "Immune to/Less damage dealt by: Ranged/Melee and Condition Damage/Power Damage" would be a start.)-Remember Guild Wars 1? In case of no, the Hall of Monuments was a great way to showcase your achievements. Currently GW2 mostly offers the AP count in the friends list and a single title to display. An account-wide instance to display your achievements and deeds that can be shown to other players and is introduced early (pre lvl 20 imo, or when you reach Lions Arch) could be something for all players. (The reason being that titels/AP have no value to new players that do not know how hard they are to achieve. Same goes for legendaries or rare skins, status for veterans, nothing to new players.)(Also bonus points for Anet if its unlike the home instance. That offers more of a farming aspect, but cant be individually decorated like a guild. Make the new Hall of Monuments customizable outside of the trophy displays, maybe even add the home instance nodes for free placing)-To add to the previous point, many games offer the "inspect character"-option. This might be a way to showcase HOW you got that title or those skins. Also gives new and old players the option to see where a skin comes from and to view it in detail instead of getting a short glimpse when the player passes you. (This should of course be adjustable by each person to hide features you dont want seen. Might also be a great feature for raiding/fractal parties to check if all equipment is lvl 80 at least. Yes, that might lead to more kicks for beginners, but more fun and time-saving for raid vets.)-Maybe a list of all endgame content with some detail. For PvP/WvW especially this should iniclude info on the you cant start without (major) disadvantages due to being scaled up.-To add to that, making the damage test golem in the Lions Arch Aerodrome a known feature and useable without the commander tag would be a great idea. Players should have the option to test different builds for free and early in the game. Yes, you can do that in PvP lobby, but new players dont know that and/or dont want to be diisturbed while testing. The golem in Aerodrome is super, just make it easily available.
  2. Make players feel more powerful when leveling. This might be an issue due to downscaling to the area. Thats a great feature, but when you spent 4 hours to 100% a starter map just to go to another starter map and feel like lvl 3 again, thats a bad feeling. Maybe just scale players down one or two levels less to make them feel better about their progress. (Yes, this is horrible to adjust because that makes everything easier and potentially farmable, which in turn cant be fixed by making everything stronger and ruining it for the real low level players. It still might be an issue for players to not feel strong after investing time.)
  3. Introduce skilltrees earlier. They make your playstyle way more interesting/complex. Why wait for lvl 21 (if I am not mistaken its 21), when it makes players feel more unique early on. Give clear indicators as to when you unlock the next tree slot and where to level the trees. As far as I know, there currently is a lock on the trees that you cant use yet, poste the level number for a clear goal.
  4. The clear goal might go for more parts of the game. Every interesting feature should not be pushed onto the player when he/she cant use it either way, but when looking at your locked skilltrees/skillslots, a number would be clearer than a lock. I do not know which other features could use this, but I am sure there are a few points.
  5. Show more of the cool stuff, referring to the Necromancer f1/Shroud skills for example, those could be shown on the build tab as a third option to terrestial/underwater skills. Seeing skills that seem mighty engages the player to try them out and work towards.

General QoLs/new featuresLots to be said here, so those will mostly be things I personally noticed to be strange/missing/incomplete etc while playing. I am sure the list is endless if we take every players opinion. Sorted after QoL and new features.

QoL

1. From the previous points, map markers for renown hearts (The leveling progress/character creation, point 1), just as a reminder. Getting 100% map completion on a new character feels like a chore most of the time.
  2. Mystic Forge recipes should be craftable multiple times. This is obvious when you try to get the Mini Raptor Hatchling achievement(and of course all the other mount mini achievements) and you have to craft the same recipe 60 times. What should be kept in mind is that upgrading crafting materials is a way to make profit by using the Mystic Forge and is a good point against this feature. The following mass crafting and overthrowing of the entire GW2 economy is something I am aware of, but with some adjusting of recipe prices or simply not adding all recipes as craftable in bulk, it could be avoided. Crafting the same thing more than 10 times will forever be a chore and what feels like a waste of time.
  3. Guild halls feel mostly useless apart from the guild buff you can select and the few things you can only get from there. I imagine this is an issue for all guilds, not just my small one. It is a difficult fix sadly, since adding more features from somewhere else might have drawbacks. For example crafting stations would lead to very empty cities. Being honest, I have no suggestion, but spending thousands on something with close to no use is bad to all players that dont like massive guild and keep between their friends. (Not saying you should ignore the community, but you should also not be forced to take part in it for guild buff usage. Either the full buffs should be obtainable cheaper, or there should be more interesting use for the money you spend.)
  4. The permanent gathering tools could be for your account, not for one character. Yes, you can swap, but why would you? It is annoying to swap them over storage or shared slots. Creating a new character for players that want then perfectly equipped (yes, for some people including me a character feels better when he doesnt have to run to a merchant for an axe every day) would cost 3800 gems without any discounts. Instead make them obtainable as basic but endless, then offer more harvesting skins as an option for more gems. [Remember here that this is my opinion. I dont want to spend 3800 gems on each character, the idea alone annoys me. When I have to run to merchants for new gathering tools every few hours it annoys me. The option to swap them between characters annoys me. All options are suboptimal IN MY OPINION. /rant]
  5. There are still lots of areas in the game with texture bugs. Meaning holes in water surfaces or overlapping textures that flicker when you move your camera. Reporting them is the job of the players, but I personally have reported a few all over the map without ever seeing any changes. Exmaples will be provided if asked for in the comments.
  6. Performance, oh boy. This is probably the most difficult point of the post as major updates to the engine might aswell be called Guild Wars 3. However, some areas/meta events are only playable on mush settings or with very low fps. Yes, that is partially the fault of Fashion Wars, but some optimizations need to be done. I am no talking about a new engine, but software can nearly always be optimized. With a good computer, you should be able to run GW2 with good fps everywhere. If not everywhere, then at least improve then to "ok" as much as you can. (This might be a rumor, but I have recently heard of a player that wrote a possible optimization using a newer DirectX than GW2 currently uses. Even if it is a rumor, it should be a change that is not impossible to achieve. In case Anet is already working on it, please tell us for a droplet of hope.)
  7. Performance also goes for the gemstore, it is often unusable and shouldnt be impossible to fix. Give it 10 seconds to load, after that it should work perfectly. As it is, sometimes it needs minute.
  8. Give us the option to hide certain achievements in the achievement tab. This includes all repeatable, most notably "Agent of Entropy"(Salvage 200 items), but also other achievements that could for example block the "Nearly completed" section or simply some that you started by accident but cant or dont want to finish. (Looking at 5 rounds of PvP after a friend convinced me as a beginner and 200 hours of PvP to get all quests out of my nearly completed section. Thanks Fluuh) Achievements that are selected to be hidden do not appear in the nearly completed list and could be dropped under the completed achievements of the currently selected category.
  9. So many things that could have storage space but currently take up space in inventory or bank. Apart from those slots, all parts of weapons/armor could have storagespaces, no need to make them waste space. This includes but is not limited to, always with suggestion as to where it should go:-Mystic Forge Stones (Wallet)-Exquisite Serpentine Jewel (One example for multiple gems, Storage)-Black Lion Statuette (Wallet)-Selfstyle Hairkit/Total Makeover Kit (Wallet)-Legendary Crafting Materials (Gift of X, also PvP/WvW legendary backpiece materials, legendary Trinket mats etc, Storage)-Ornate Rusted Key (Wallet)-Fire Orchid Seeds (Storage)-Tomes of Knowledge (Wallet)-Philosophers Stone (Storage)-Unidentified Color (Storage)-WvW Blueprints (This is a maybe since you dont want to accidentally send them away while at an enemy keep etc.,Storage)

Inspired behind this point

1. Build Templates, as far as I know they are in the works.
  2. Buy/Sell more than 250 of anything at a time in Trading Post.
  3. Map join queues. If you want to join your squad in another instance of a nearly full map, you need to spam join and hope to get a slot at some point. Make a queue like in WvW.#
  4. For Trading Post, add the option to look for skins/novelties etc. that are locked.
  5. For inventory management, the wallet is perhaps a little too well hidden at first glance. This might be of little concern.
  6. For inventory management, I noticed that i mostly use 2 options from the submenu at the top right, those being deposit material and compact. Just to make it a little faster to use, those could be combined and maybe even be put outside the submenu as a direct button.
  7. This may be a personal issue, first person camera. It exists, but not in a state that I can imagine using it. That means combat is horrible and on mounts its just disabled. I would love to do a first person playthrough as it often leads to a completely different perspective.
  8. Crafting feels so grindy for big amounts. I only have one storage expansion and crafting all mithril ore away takes ages
  9. Crafting could also remove one time recipes. Why would i craft another cook backpack once I got all unlocked? Goes for all skins that are only unlockable by crafting. If for some reason you might actually need another craft, make them into a different category or hide them behind a checkable option.
  10. For Legendary equipment, is sigil/rune swapping free yet? I dont know the current state, but it should be free in my opinion.
  11. Loot adjustement in every region of the game. From jumping puzzles to Istan farming(example, I know its been nerfed), the rough Gold/Hour is incredibly far apart. You shouldnt get the most gold in the game for doing close to nothing different than following a tag and hitting stuff.
  12. Many features of the game are denied by certain Meta events in a frustrating manner. The best example are the dungeons that you can not do at any given time since sometimes events need to be completed first.
  13. Soulbound stuff should be allowed in a different characters inventory, just deny him wearing it.
  14. Easier mount selection, I think there is a mod for it other than having to either click or have 8 hotkeys. If I am not mistaken, you press a button and get a wheel to choose from.
  15. Make more things into novelties that still take up item slots. Example Birthday Blaster, the second birthday item.
  16. See more easily which fraction you joined (Whisperers, Vigil, Priory). This is mostly for achievements.

New Features(I know lots of this is just a wish, but it would help keep players in the game and make more come either way)

1. From "Setting long-term goals for new players" point 1, the Hall of Monuments subpoint. I can not stress enough how important this might be. MMORPGs make players want to share their achievements in the game, yet in GW2 sharing is not well implemented. The goal would be a visual representation of a players achievements that can be more easily shared with others. In case some AP-collectors are unhappy about their massive numbers not being that dominant, make it a mountain of goldcoins that grows the more AP you have and put it somewhere into the instance.
  2. Some sort of structured Guild versus Guild action. I personally am not a big sPvP player, but even I can see that GUILD WARS 2 in comparison to Guild Wars 1 hast nothing to do with the name. The only GvG action we get is by coincident in WvW, which is always fun, but rarely balanced. Cant go into detail here since its simply not my point, but its one thing that you often hear requested. but personal opinion: Make the option of simple deathmatch available, with different maps of course. sPvP but with more people and named GvG would be little difference, the maps need to be bigger and, in my opinion, less focused on objectives.
  3. More jumping puzzles/mini dungeons. They are lots of fun but there are not enough.
  4. An underwater mount? maybe
  5. Outside of achievements there could be a lot more instances with higher difficulty, so they need more players to complete them. Like raids, but not that hard.

WvW/PvPI should call this WvW only since I personally barely play PvP and have little suggestions to change because of that. The few things I can say do come first:

PvP

1. Make clear distinctions between ranked and unranked queues. It is not entirely obvious which is which when you open the menu.
  2. At the time I actively played, I was told to switch classes from Ranger about half of my games. This is just one example of a class being imbalanced in sPvP, it should be more balanced so that every class has room. I know this is optimistic, but 27 different classes is a very limited number and should be balancable. If not perfectly, then at least enough to not get me trashtalked because even in lower Elo Ranger is just too out of meta. For all role play players, being bullied for playing their favorite class is a sure way to get them to quit playing sPvP.

WvWOh lord, do you get a lot of complaining about WvW. I want to say ahead of time that this is a lot harder to balance than 5v5 PvP and because of that I will barely get into that. But:

1. Balance in WvW. The very minimum would be to buff the classes that get you kicked from squads. I understand that some classes are simply better for roaming and give no advantage to squads, but some get kicked because they are just bad in WvW. Fix that, see PvP point 2.
  2. The Meta in WvW is at times a bit boring. What could be epic massive battles often doesnt get that for because one squad has extremely many Scourges plastering everything with AoE. This might be a personal problem again. Standoffs in fights can happen, but not wanting to engage because of massive AoE on the floor and the only way to the enemy squad being through that AoE, thats a bad thing. Maybe nerf them just a little so they are less supressive.
  3. Last balance is another personal frustration. Warriors that automatically trigger complete damage immunity at 50% hp, then can have the same skill as an active, then the same duo for crowd control, and a heal that negates all damage for another short while. Many classes have some sort of short time invincibility, warriors just feel overloaded in that regard.
  4. Mounts. Dont moan, I love them for all the good they bring. But you all know the complaints that everything was better than before. A simple fix for that might be a few servers in seperate link pools that just dont have mounts. At current player counts this might be a bad idea, should GW2 become great again at some point, ask the community if they would like it and act accordingly.
  5. The payoff in WvW feels just so incredibly underwhelming. Some open world farms offer 20-30 gold/hour, WvW often feels like 5g was a very good hour. This may be better when you get 7 bonus pips each tick, but getting to that stage is an extreme grind.
  6. Concerning that grind. I only heard in stories that earlier, you could buy WvW levels. I dont think it was bad to remove that, but it might have been better to just reduce it heavily instead. I dont know how many hours I have in WvW, but realistically 5 levels per hour is optimistic on most days. That would mean 2000 hours of WvW alone are needed to still not compare to open world gold/hour.
  7. The difference between the three borderlands is just unreasonable for me. The concept of one dominant force is great, what isnt is that we have 2 identical maps with identical functions and one different map with different mechanics. The desert borderland map has so many cool things, but most people dont like the desert setting. Instead of having 2 identical maps, give the good features to one of the normal borderlands, make all 3 maps unique. Desert and one borderland without mechanics, one borderland with. I would love to see jumppads, unique bosses, themed towers/castles and shrines on a different map.
  8. There is one persistent gamebreaking bug in red corner spawn in EB, which could be called an exploit so I wont list it here unless I get an official pardon from Anet for it in the comments. Dont want my account banned for doing the right thing. I reported it ingame but it wasnt fixed about half a year later, maybe the post helps.

And the restTo be honest, the rest is just a bunch of minor things that come to mind. This post took me half a day to compile and brain need sleep.

1. Raids need a way to get new players into them. Its a pain to start at 0 Legendary Insights and gather your first 50-100 by hoping for training groups. Dont know a good fix, but currently new players are pretty much stuck without some luck.
  2. Exotic and especially precursor drops seem too random. Some players get lucky, others play for 5 years and their best drop is worth 10 gold. A hidden luck system could help, increasing each time a container is opened and no exotic is inside. Higher luck means more exotics etc.. This system might exists, but doesnt seem to work well. Maybe it needs another adjustment to increase the chance on rare exotic skins. I am not saying give me one 50g skin per day, but maybe give players that play for a few hours each day a high chance of getting a good drop at least every few months.
  3. The difficulty scale in fractals seems a bit too high. I do not mean fractal 1 compared to 100 but Cliffside compared to Shattered Observatory. A new player getting hit with some fractal recommendations by daily missions can get anything from beginner friendly to "you better have full ascended gear and food running". Hyperbole, but a new player getting an incredibly hard fractal only to be stuck at the end with an hour of work and no way to finish is frustrating.
  4. Sometimes when I mount, my camera turns for no reason known to me and my mount makes a 180° turn. Why.
  5. Raids need clear statement on which mastery is required. Imagine spending a while to find a group on Xera training, convince that commander that even though you only have 20 LI, you deal good dmg and learn fast, only to be unable to glide LeyLines and get a fast kick.
  6. This is more of a general thing, but in case GW2 player counts are on the rise, give us a way to follow the numbers. Any sign of making an impact motivates people to spend more time on the game and make it better from developing to being part of the community.

For now this is it. though I hope this post gets some attention and maybe at least 10% of the viable suggestions get put into development.

If you, the normal GW2 player, not the Anet employee, read this and think it might help, share it to get some attention to it. In hopes of getting GW2 a way longer life expectancy than it currently has (now matter how good/bad it is, it could always be better)

Also, since this needs to be said after thousands of words that only mention bad things. I love GW2, otherwise I wouldnt be making this post. I just want it to be better and have not yet been disappointed enough in life to not make the effort of doing my part. GW2 has lots of amazing content but its struggling and I would like to help change that. I would also like to point out that the community of GW2 is the best community I know. I came from League of Legends, that might help get my point across. :)

Best regards,Feuerkeule

Hi Dev teams,

I have been advised by the support team to make forum posts to raise your attention about a cross-hair adjustment in Action Camera Mode, I have been experiencing this issue for a very long time now since its been introduced.

This particularity happens in fractals and raids. When a fight triggers, the cross-hair automatically moves higher as the the FoV rears back during boss fight/events, it’s impossible to fire ground targeting skills directly underneath or near my character.

Please, make adjustment to the cross-hair that its location on the screen is fixed above the character, no matter how further you zoom out/in. Just like the commander tag, (screenshot comparison) it always sits directly above the character height.

Ks2bBdc.jpg

Thank you for your time!

After I leveled up my first character to level 80 the natural way and went on exploring and doing things in parallel to the personal story, the popup started to harass me to the point I had to google the issue to find this forum thread. I abandoned the personal story and jumped into the expansion, and I don't feel like going back to part 8. Do I miss a lot if I skip the rest of it?

If I understand the problem correctly, the only way to avoid the problem is to rush through part 8 as soon as one reaches level 80 - no crafting, no dungeons, no exploration, no events, no renown hearts, no bosses, no festival, just the story, hoping the experience bar won't reach the max until the last episode is over. This thread does not belong in the bug report forum, rather in a hypothetical "broken design" forum. Had I not found this thread, I may have quit playing.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:Can we get the instantly teleport the camera,if using a teleport skill for mounts too? I just used the jackal and the default option of the camera swiftly catching up is very annoying and irritating, especially on jps like the one in the crystal oasis.

Not sure if you are already using this option:Enable Camera Teleportation - Normally, when a player performs a short-range teleport (e.g. using Blink or Spectral Recall) the camera moves quickly to the new location. This option enables the camera to teleport instantly with the player.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Crystal Black.8190 said:Can we get the instantly teleport the camera,if using a teleport skill for mounts too? I just used the jackal and the default option of the camera swiftly catching up is very annoying and irritating, especially on jps like the one in the crystal oasis.

Not sure if you are already using this option:
Enable Camera Teleportation - Normally, when a player performs a short-range teleport (e.g. using Blink or Spectral Recall) the camera moves quickly to the new location. This option enables the camera to teleport instantly with the player.

I use it, but is does not apply to mounts, which is why I suggested to extend it to also work for mounts or make a similar toggle for it under the mounts section.

There are some materials that would make sense to have space for in material storage, such as the flowers obtainable from the home garden plots. Meanwhile, there are some storage spaces that make no sense to me, specifically an item needed for a specific legendary weapon — why would you need a material storage space for that??? It is something that you are going to obtain/craft probably once at most and could be stored in bank or inventory while working on the legendary item. Storage space should be reserved for items you will be regularly finding, crafting, etc.

OPTION TO TURN OFF/ ON LEGENDARY WEAPONS PROJECTILE EFFECTS

I love the Bifrost for the looks and footprints effects, but when i use it on my ele i really miss the default projectiles for fire/water/air/water and double attunement weaver skills. I wanna use the Bifrost but i dont want to see every cool elemental projectile turned into a rainbow, it kills the visual identity of playing an elementalist! Pls add this option for all legendary weapons projectiles!

@VDAC.2137 said:There are some materials that would make sense to have space for in material storage, such as the flowers obtainable from the home garden plots. Meanwhile, there are some storage spaces that make no sense to me, specifically an item needed for a specific legendary weapon — why would you need a material storage space for that??? It is something that you are going to obtain/craft probably once at most and could be stored in bank or inventory while working on the legendary item. Storage space should be reserved for items you will be regularly finding, crafting, etc.

Not everyone uses the garden plots for the metabolism items, so for me that would also be one that makes no sense.

I would love to see the material storage grow in options (including flowers) just because we can stack massive amounts of that material. However, I would hate to see any current item removed to make way for new items.

From previous conversations with the dev who works/worked (not sure if she left), I know it takes a lot to adjust the mat storage. I just really hope that this feature continues to grow and stays relevant to current game mechanics/items.